Spoke through leg=pain

Old January 19th 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unisteez

Default Spoke through leg=pain

Earlier while i was out riding i jumped off a ledge that's about 6ft
tall. And i think due to the cold weather and my wheel needing some
spokes to be tightened a spoke snapped.
Not only did it snap but i landed on some loose gravel that i did not
see and slipped. The way i fell stabbed the spoke directly into my leg,
out of instinct i instantly screamed and pulled it out of my leg(it
didnt go all the way through but was pretty dang deep). My leg still
hurts it hasnt swelled up at all, it doesnt look very bad but there was
alot of blood earlier.
Do you guys think i should go to a doctor and get it checked out? Im
sure that having a foreign object impale your leg poses some threat of
infection..
I dont think it needs stitches, but i never think i need stitches even
if i probably should..
Right now im debating super gluing it up and forgetting about it..or
just going to to doctor..hmm

--
unisteez

-what, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your
loneliest loneliness and say to you: 'this life as you now live it and
have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times
more' ...- -AMOR FATI-
unisteez's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11988

Old January 19th 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iridemymuni

how deep did it go in inches?

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Old January 19th 07, 04:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unisteez

maybe an inch and a half, i kinda freaked out and pulled it out fast
before i got a good look at it. But from what i can tell it went about
an inch or more deep.

Old January 19th 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
surfer1024

OUCH !!! I would. Over an inch is pretty deep...

Go See a Doctor!!!!!!!

--
surfer1024
surfer1024's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13733

Old January 19th 07, 04:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

If I was stabbed by something like a spoke... which has tons of dirt on
it most likely.. I would definitely go see a doctor.

--
Borgschulze

http://borgschulze.deviantart.com/
Borgschulze's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13501

Old January 19th 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chris.James

go see a doc, you will be happy you did

--
Chris.James

"Thats my favorite thing about unicycling, I can eat oreos while
riding!" ~Me

S_Wallis wrote:
I will be looking forward to the butt-lip photos.

Chris.James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14072

Old January 19th 07, 04:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tunkie

you really need to see a doctor who knows whats in the metal it could be
rusted or bacteria

--
tunkie
tunkie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13936

Old January 19th 07, 04:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomtrevor

unisteez wrote:
[...]

I stepped on a nail once and it went came out the other side of my
foot, it cained like crap but all I did was put a bandaid on it and
after a few days it was fine. I may of put some betadine on it but I
can't really remember, it was years ago.

--
tomtrevor

01010100 01101111 01101101 00100000 01010100 01110010 01100101
01110110 01101111 01110010
'KEEPIN' IT WHEEL' (www.mediahug.com/bikes)
WHEEL WALK ON WATER

BLUEGREENORANGEBLACKPURPLEREDWHITEYELLOW
Juggling: If you wanna keep 3 things off the ground put them on a
shelf.
'g' (http://www.google.com.au/)'o' (http://www.google.com.br/)'o'
(http://www.google.co.uk/)'g' (http://www.google.com.ni/)'l'
(http://www.google.to/)'i' (http://www.google.ch/)'n'
(http://www.google.com.mt/)'g' (http://www.google.com.na/)'s'
(http://www.google.rw/)'!'
(http://www.google.com.do/)'t'
(http://mediahug.com/bikes/?page_id=26)'o'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliced_bread)'m'
(http://www.funnyjunk.com/)''s'
(http://www.freelineskates.com/) 'R'
(http://www.tlb.org/Park-all.lowbw.mpg)'a'
(http://www.burntfaceman.com/)'n'
(http://www.adcott.net/binary/)'d'
(http://tinyurl.com/c1as)'o'
(http://www.cheese.com)'m'
(http://www.coverpop.com/whitney/index.php?var=v0)
'L'
(http://www.mediahug.com/bikes/)'i'
(http://www.virtualgravy.com/)'n'
(http://www.mediahug.com/almax/)'k'
(http://www.cheaphumor.com/)'a'
(http://www.bakedbeans.com)'g'
(http://www.joecartoon.com/)e's'
(http://www.break.com/)
tomtrevor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12118

Old January 19th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Evan Byrne

flush it with hydrogen peroxide and put a bandaid on it, thats all a doc
would do. You dont need stitches for a puncture wound.

--
Evan Byrne

onetrack wrote:

kapoute wrote:
Is there someone that can have fun with his penis with his mouth?

I can.

Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Old January 19th 07, 04:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

unisteez wrote:
[...]

You NEED to get a tentanus shot! Just to be on the safe side.

--
MuniAddict

"There is an -idea-, of a Patrick Bateman"

"They all float down here"