Idiots on the A1

Old August 16th 07, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

Default N

"I've lost my Dhobi Wallah!....." wrote in
message ...

You don't know the name of it?

Of course I do, you foolish woman - but 'bloody silly things' is a far
better description than 'recument'

Q E D
Such an ordinary feat.........

Old August 16th 07, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"I've lost my Dhobi Wallah!....." wrote in
message ...

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

One might argue that the statutes of courtesy and decency should come
into play in such a situation - but, since cyclists are (generally)
entirely ignorant of such social niceties,

... do you say the same of horse riders and tractors?

Yes, indeed! - particularly so since I live in a place that is plagued by
infestations of both sorts of menace!

Move house.

Old August 16th 07, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.caravanning
Ian Smith

["Followup-To:" header set to uk.rec.cycling.]
On Thu, 16 Aug, Robert Peffers. wrote:

Then it is the opinion of an idiot - the law says single file.

Oh dear oh dear oh me.

There's something peculiarly satisfying about an arse loudly
trumpeting that 2+2=5 and anyone that doesn't know that is a silly
arse.

I suggest you check teh law, and then try posting again.

Of course you would not know that as cyclists do not pass driving
tests - and it shows.

No, but then again, it seems that there are some fools that, though
completely ignorant of teh law, will loudly preach about it, despite
having (presumably) passed a driving test.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|
Old August 16th 07, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.caravanning
Tony Raven[_3_]

I've lost my Dhobi Wallah!..... wrote:
But Mary, faced with such a task,
Felt she simply had to ask
For assistance to complete
Such an ordinary feat.........

You've been taking lessons!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A577118

Tony

Old August 16th 07, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.caravanning
Tony Raven[_3_]

I've lost my Dhobi Wallah!..... wrote:

Yes, indeed! - particularly so since I live in a place that is plagued by
infestations of both sorts of menace!

The only difficulty is deciding which of them I hate most - generally I tend
to loathe the horse riders more, primarily because they represent ancient
class injustices (the arrogant Squire perched on his steed, high above the
forelock tugging peasantry, and all that)

On the other hand, at harvest time when the lanes are filled with impossibly
large agricultural machinery moving at a snails' pace its equally easy to
wish all farmers dead and buried.

Remind me to introduce you to Ed Dolan sometime - you and he would get
on like a house of fire.

Tony
Old August 16th 07, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.caravanning
I've lost my Dhobi Wallah!.....

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"I've lost my Dhobi Wallah!....." wrote in
message ...

You don't know the name of it?

Of course I do, you foolish woman - but 'bloody silly things' is a far
better description than 'recument'

Q E D
Such an ordinary feat.........

You *do* know that it's considered extremely lame to seize on typo's, don't
you/

Old August 16th 07, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.caravanning
I've lost my Dhobi Wallah!.....

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
I've lost my Dhobi Wallah!..... wrote:

Yes, indeed! - particularly so since I live in a place that is plagued by
infestations of both sorts of menace!

The only difficulty is deciding which of them I hate most - generally I
tend to loathe the horse riders more, primarily because they represent
ancient class injustices (the arrogant Squire perched on his steed, high
above the forelock tugging peasantry, and all that)

On the other hand, at harvest time when the lanes are filled with
impossibly large agricultural machinery moving at a snails' pace its
equally easy to wish all farmers dead and buried.

Remind me to introduce you to Ed Dolan sometime - you and he would get on
like a house of fire.

Do you mean Ed Doolan - the West Midlands BBC radio presenter? - I've
enraged him to the point where he once gave me a special five minute mention
right at the beginning of his show - and the resulting calls from his
half-witted audience made it one of his liveliest broadcasts. so much so, I
half expected a royalty cheque from Auntie Beeb.

Old August 16th 07, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.caravanning
Tony Raven[_3_]

I've lost my Dhobi Wallah!..... wrote:

Do you mean Ed Doolan - the West Midlands BBC radio presenter?

No, I mean "Ed Dolan the Great - aka Saint Edward the Great - Order of
the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota". You remind me a lot of him.

Tony

Old August 16th 07, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.caravanning
Don Whybrow

Tony Raven wrote:
I've lost my Dhobi Wallah!..... wrote:

[... blah ...]

Remind me to introduce you to Ed Dolan sometime - you and he would get
on like a house of fire.

I am reminded more of Mr Holmes.

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours."
...Stephen F Roberts
Old August 16th 07, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.caravanning
I've lost my Dhobi Wallah!.....

--
In Memoriam

http://www.drypool.net/cgi-bin/system.pl?id=nfflist
"Tony Raven" wrote in message
I've lost my Dhobi Wallah!..... wrote:

Do you mean Ed Doolan - the West Midlands BBC radio presenter?

No, I mean "Ed Dolan the Great - aka Saint Edward the Great - Order of the
Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota". You remind me a lot of him.

Tony

Well, he certainly sounds like a fun chap - although my prodigious ego is
almost certainly much larger than your hero's. (and, if not, I will
continually inflate it until it is)

I was serious when I mentioned my mention on the BBC - you, whether you
appreciate it or not, are in the presence of true greatness. Someone once
mentioned that Terry Wogan had read my earlier stuff and found it highly
amusing - although, I still haven't decided whether that is a compliment or
not.

I'll gladly share some of my work from the archives if you'd like me too -
in fact, I'll\ probably do it anyway, since it would be sinful to keep such
masterpieces hidden in the Google vault.