Joint problem

Old August 17th 07, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Neil Smith

Default Joint problem

Dear All,
I am getting a twinge at the back of my knee joint when climbing hills. I
suspect it is an overuse strain. Any suggestions such as suitable stretching
exercises? Any not too medical or commercial sport injuries web sites that
people favour?
Thanks
Neil

Old August 17th 07, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

Neil Smith wrote:

I am getting a twinge at the back of my knee joint when climbing hills. I
suspect it is an overuse strain. Any suggestions such as suitable stretching
exercises? Any not too medical or commercial sport injuries web sites that
people favour?

TBH I favour not getting specific medical advice by internet news board
consensus. I'd suggest your local sports injury clinic or similar,
where someone who knows their stuff can see /exactly/ where you mean
while doing exactly /what/.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old August 17th 07, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Neil Smith wrote:
Dear All,
I am getting a twinge at the back of my knee joint when climbing hills. I
suspect it is an overuse strain. Any suggestions such as suitable stretching
exercises? Any not too medical or commercial sport injuries web sites that
people favour?

Lower gear ratio (high cadence) is an obvious notion.

BugBear
Old August 17th 07, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.caravanning
I've lost my Dhobi Wallah!.....

"Neil Smith" wrote in message
Dear All,
I am getting a twinge at the back of my knee joint when climbing hills. I
suspect it is an overuse strain. Any suggestions such as suitable
stretching exercises?

I prescribe one Mitsubishi Shogun, to be taken daily for as long as the oil
holds out

After that happens, come and see me again and I'll write you a prescription
for a Rickshaw pulled by a little yellow man.

Old August 17th 07, 11:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.caravanning
Neil Smith

From that you would progress to an All-terrain, 24 -speed , zimmer frame.
"I've lost my Dhobi Wallah!....." wrote in
message ...

hop at rim joint jp_nyc Techniques 18 April 21st 07 09:45 PM
Is City Bike on Kent St a rip-off joint? Artoi Australia 34 August 21st 06 01:29 AM
Clicking old-generation Mavic Open Pro joint problem possibly solved Phil, Squid-in-Training Techniques 16 February 13th 06 06:39 PM
Rim joint seam problem trg Techniques 6 April 9th 05 05:02 PM
Joint question for all you doctors out there digigal1 Unicycling 16 August 12th 04 10:11 PM