how does the brain work?

Old May 3rd 17, 01:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default how does the brain work?

how is the brain working ?

I base in a place absolutely requiring free movement both foot cycle boat n carr selling condos n upward costs for beach housing. Roads wrok good increase from 25000 to ? 400000 winters and growing over 40 years.

The Interstate I75 jams during rush hour winters,,,,caws there's a bend in it.

Mostly the beef is space vs vehicle numbers n no adequate planning but very strongly local attitudes, ethnicity, or in J's area country folk in town.

I can go to Naples largely well off NYorkers n trade positions on the blvd no problem

where I base mostly retired Ohioans some Illini and the local menial servant class...like driving thru molasses. Safe but gripppy. I whiz thru their clots like a sharp knife thru a hot turkey.

75 miles away, Miami everyone seems either on drugs or drunk doing a speed test for Ferrari. No give and take flow thru traffic only me first you die we'll get you for that ....
Old May 3rd 17, 02:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default frustration with bikes and cars (was: how does the brain work?)

nil wrote:

Ive seen cyclists come up beside a car
stopped in traffic and actually KICK it.

That's the spirit!

I've seen a pedestrian do that, once, but that
was while under the influence.

I guess it is the sort of thing that happens
when you get scared.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Old May 3rd 17, 04:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wed, 03 May 2017 03:02:23 +0200, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

nil wrote:

Ive seen cyclists come up beside a car
stopped in traffic and actually KICK it.

That's the spirit!

I've seen a pedestrian do that, once, but that
was while under the influence.

I guess it is the sort of thing that happens
when you get scared.

I once walked over a car that stopped in a crosswalk - as a kid.

Old May 3rd 17, 06:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Very healthy. We have 3 cyclists not capable of rational civilized activity or thought and self identified.

YOU ARE WARNED do not ride close to, share tools with, or lend money.
Old May 3rd 17, 09:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doc O'Leary[_21_]

Default frustration with bikes and cars

For your reference, records indicate that
Duane wrote:

I think it's more the sense of security from being wrapped in all that
steel.

I don’t see the connection between being safe and being an asshole. I
suspect, for example, that long haul truckers aren’t in a rage most of
the time they’re on the road, and they’ve got the most steel wrapped
around them. But they’ve *also* got a connection with a community of
fellow truckers (historically through CB but I’d guess they use newer
tech these days).

Commuters are just a different animal. Almost entirely non-social,
despite taking the same daily route year after year. Vehicles
specifically built with entertainment centers in them and *also* to
reduce outside noise. Few ways to engage other nearby drivers that
*aren’t* rage-inducing. The anonymity of the steel cage is a bigger
factor than the security of it.

--
"Also . . . I can kill you with my brain."
River Tam, Trash, Firefly

Old May 4th 17, 12:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

commuters on the road are the commuters watching tv n mowing the lawn for a barbecue.

how else ? is there a morphology from lairva to transit ?

Old May 4th 17, 01:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://gizmodo.com/popular-youtuber-...f-r-1794904135
Old May 4th 17, 02:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Duane wrote:

I think it's more the sense of security from being wrapped in all that
steel.

I don’t see the connection between being safe and being an asshole. I
suspect, for example, that long haul truckers aren’t in a rage most of
the time they’re on the road, and they’ve got the most steel wrapped
around them. But they’ve *also* got a connection with a community of
fellow truckers (historically through CB but I’d guess they use newer
tech these days).

Commuters are just a different animal. Almost entirely non-social,
despite taking the same daily route year after year. Vehicles
specifically built with entertainment centers in them and *also* to
reduce outside noise. Few ways to engage other nearby drivers that
*aren’t* rage-inducing. The anonymity of the steel cage is a bigger
factor than the security of it.

In my experience long haul truckers are the safest people to be around. They don't want to slow down but they sure as hell don't want to be stopped and ticketed either.

I believe that there is a note of learning to drive properly among many commuters as well. I asked an American/Chinese why Chinese drivers are so bad. He said that in China you have to fight for everything that you can get including the simple space to live and that carries over to their driving here. So perhaps in a generation or two that will lighten up.

The real dangerous drivers are the white people that have been kicked around so much for the last 8 or 16 years as being nothing more than doormats for the rest of society. These people are enraged virtually all the time now.

I can see the only fix is to actually ticket these people with extremely heavy fines for the slightest infraction. Go 10 mph over the speed limit and get a $500 fine. Go 15 mph over the limit and be arrested and your car seized and taken to jail or to court for a $1,000 fine. This would greatly increase road safety and in the end would actually increase the safety and after it sank in would actually speed commutes as without people cutting in and out there would be far fewer wrecks.
Old May 4th 17, 08:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg

writes:

I believe that there is a note of learning to drive
properly among many commuters as well. I asked an
American/Chinese why Chinese drivers are so bad.
He said that in China you have to fight for
everything that you can get including the simple
space to live and that carries over to their driving
here. So perhaps in a generation or two that will
lighten up.

It might also be that they haven't been driving for
that long, not on this scale at least.

In the 70s didn't almost everyone go in Mao uniform on
the Flying Dove to some state-own factory or office?
If everyone are on bikes and not in cars, a more
anarchist style can be tolerated and actually perhaps
isn't even a bad thing. Bring that same style to
motorized traffic you might get into trouble tho.

In the bicycle mags they say biking (on bicycles) are
on its way back in China. But everyone who has been
there and I ask say traffic is total chaos and no one
ever goes by bicycle as that will put them down the
social ladder. Having recently achieved some level of
wealth, I suppose they are more sensitive to such
notions than we are in the west. (?)

Social politics aside what this will do to the
mental/physical health and pollution in China
shouldn't be hard to guess.

And I don't think Chinese people "fights" more than
anyone else in general.

--
underground experts united ....
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
- so far: 26 Blogomatic articles -

Does TM have a brain? JimmyMac General 0 November 9th 10 04:19 PM
Does TM have a brain? JimmyMac Recumbent Biking 0 November 9th 10 04:19 PM
Does TM have a brain? JimmyMac Recumbent Biking 0 November 9th 10 03:34 PM
Does TM have a brain? JimmyMac Social Issues 0 November 9th 10 03:31 PM
what is uni-ing doing to your brain? wobbling bear Unicycling 14 November 24th 04 01:19 PM