ANOTHER Injured Mountain Biker Has to Be Flown Out via Helicopter!

Old July 12th 07, 02:36 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default ANOTHER Injured Mountain Biker Has to Be Flown Out via Helicopter!

VENTURA COUNTY SHERIFF
MEDIA RELEASE
BOB BROOKS, Sheriff
www.VCSD.org

Nature of Incident: Injured Mountain Biker

Location: China Flats / East Ventura County

Date & Time: 7-7-07 / 1130 Hours

Unit Responsible: Ventura County Sheriff's Department Aviation / SAR
Unit

(V)ictim: Charles Cohn City of residence: Thousand Oaks, Ca
Age: 40

Narrative:

On 7-7-07, at approximately 1130 hours, Air Squad 8 was dispatched to
an injured mountain biker on a trail in the "China Flats" area of
Thousand Oaks. (China Flats is a popular location for mountain biking
and hiking.)

Air Squad 8 responded and located the injured biker on a trail on the
west side of China Flats and landed in a nearby clearing. The flight
paramedic and crew chiefs made contact with the victim, Charles Cohn,
who advised he had injured his leg when he crashed his mountain bike.
Cohn's leg was splinted and he was loaded into the Air Squad 8. He
was then flown to the base of the trail where his care was transferred
to paramedics in the waiting AMR ambulance. Cohn was transported by
ground to a local hospital for further treatment.

Officer Preparing Release: Sr. Dep. Shane Matthews #3127

Follow-up Contact: Sr. Dep. Shane Matthews #3127

Date of Release: 7/7/07

Approved by: Sgt. Rick Harwood
###

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old July 13th 07, 12:15 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

At least the poor ******* was not murdered on a mountain highway and tossed
over the side of the road into a ravine where he rotted for 4 months before
somebody found him so they could write a report so you could post it on
usenet as an accident that all mountain bikers are sure to have some day.

Moron.

I think we should take up a collection and buy you a mountain bike and a
plane ticket to Bolivia.

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
VENTURA COUNTY SHERIFF
MEDIA RELEASE
BOB BROOKS, Sheriff
www.VCSD.org

Nature of Incident: Injured Mountain Biker

Location: China Flats / East Ventura County

Date & Time: 7-7-07 / 1130 Hours

[...]

Date of Release: 7/7/07

Approved by: Sgt. Rick Harwood
###

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Old July 13th 07, 06:17 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 23:15:48 GMT, "Jeff Strickland"
wrote:

At least the poor ******* was not murdered on a mountain highway and tossed
over the side of the road into a ravine where he rotted for 4 months before
somebody found him so they could write a report so you could post it on
usenet as an accident that all mountain bikers are sure to have some day.

I didn't do that, idiot.

Moron.

I think we should take up a collection and buy you a mountain bike and a
plane ticket to Bolivia.

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
.. .
VENTURA COUNTY SHERIFF
MEDIA RELEASE
BOB BROOKS, Sheriff
www.VCSD.org

Nature of Incident: Injured Mountain Biker

Location: China Flats / East Ventura County

Date & Time: 7-7-07 / 1130 Hours

[...]

Date of Release: 7/7/07

Old July 13th 07, 02:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
JP

wrote:

At least the poor ******* was not murdered on a mountain highway and tossed
over the side of the road into a ravine where he rotted for 4 months before
somebody found him so they could write a report so you could post it on
usenet as an accident that all mountain bikers are sure to have some day.

I didn't do that, idiot.

Remember this post Michael? 7/11/07?

So much for the alleged "health benefits" of this destructive
sport....

Mike

In the News
Posted AT 9:57 PM EDT on 26/02/07

Body of Canadian cyclist found in Bolivia
Associated Press

etc

You couldn't speak the truth if Jesus lived in your mouth.
Lying puke.

Old July 13th 07, 04:10 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

wrote:

At least the poor ******* was not murdered on a mountain highway and
tossed
over the side of the road into a ravine where he rotted for 4 months
before
somebody found him so they could write a report so you could post it on
usenet as an accident that all mountain bikers are sure to have some day.

I didn't do that, idiot.

That's precisely what you did.

Bolivian police confirmed Monday that a body found in a ravine near a
mountain pass above La Paz was that of a missing Canadian cyclist believed
to have been travelling a nearby highway.
/quote

The rest of the story is that he was murdered months ago and his stuff was
stolen. Do you even read the stuff you post before you post it?

sorry, they found him in a month, it took months more to find his stuff.

Old July 13th 07, 04:47 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

wrote:

At least the poor ******* was not murdered on a mountain highway and tossed
over the side of the road into a ravine where he rotted for 4 months before
somebody found him so they could write a report so you could post it on
usenet as an accident that all mountain bikers are sure to have some day.

I didn't do that, idiot.

Remember this post Michael? 7/11/07?

Of course. So WHERE IS THE LIE? (Hint: there isn't one.)

************************************************* ****************

Old July 13th 07, 06:08 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
JP

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:57:57 GMT, "JP" wrote:

. ..
wrote:

At least the poor ******* was not murdered on a mountain highway and
tossed
over the side of the road into a ravine where he rotted for 4 months
before
somebody found him so they could write a report so you could post it on
usenet as an accident that all mountain bikers are sure to have some
day.

I didn't do that, idiot.

Remember this post Michael? 7/11/07?

Of course. So WHERE IS THE LIE? (Hint: there isn't one.)

Michael you poor dimwitted illiterate.
You post an article about a cyclist who is murdered in Bolivia.
You claim it illustrates the dangers of "mountain biking."
I quote your words......"So much for the alleged "health benefits" of this
destructive sport...."

The article makes it clear he was not mountain biking.
Did you mean that tourism is is a dangerous destructive sport?
Did you mean that his riding of a bike on a ROAD in Bolivia is a dangerous
destructive sport?

He wasn't mountain biking.
He wasn't hurt while biking.
He was an American tourist murdered.
If you have any degree of reading comprehension then you are a LYING PUKE,
like I said.
Otherwise you are simply stupid and repulsive.
Or probably both.

Old July 14th 07, 07:21 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

wrote:

At least the poor ******* was not murdered on a mountain highway and
tossed
over the side of the road into a ravine where he rotted for 4 months
before
somebody found him so they could write a report so you could post it on
usenet as an accident that all mountain bikers are sure to have some
day.

I didn't do that, idiot.

Remember this post Michael? 7/11/07?

Of course. So WHERE IS THE LIE? (Hint: there isn't one.)

Michael you poor dimwitted illiterate.
You post an article about a cyclist who is murdered in Bolivia.
You claim it illustrates the dangers of "mountain biking."
I quote your words......"So much for the alleged "health benefits" of this
destructive sport...."

The article makes it clear he was not mountain biking.

No, it doesn't.

Did you mean that tourism is is a dangerous destructive sport?
Did you mean that his riding of a bike on a ROAD in Bolivia is a dangerous
destructive sport?

He wasn't mountain biking.
He wasn't hurt while biking.
He was an American tourist murdered.

You don't know that. You just made that up!

Old July 15th 07, 05:07 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
JP

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

Michael you poor dimwitted illiterate.
You post an article about a cyclist who is murdered in Bolivia.
You claim it illustrates the dangers of "mountain biking."
I quote your words......"So much for the alleged "health benefits" of this
destructive sport...."

The article makes it clear he was not mountain biking.

No, it doesn't.

Did you mean that tourism is is a dangerous destructive sport?
Did you mean that his riding of a bike on a ROAD in Bolivia is a dangerous
destructive sport?

He wasn't mountain biking.
He wasn't hurt while biking.
He was an American tourist murdered.

You don't know that. You just made that up!

(quote from post) "...a missing Canadian cyclist believed to have been
travelling a nearby highway."

No JackAss, I wrote it wrong.
He was a Canadian tourist but since you are not capable
of comprehending what you read
it slipped right past you.

Old July 16th 07, 01:19 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 16:07:29 GMT, "JP" wrote:

[...]

Where does it say that he "was murdered"? You invented that. That's
called a "lie".

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande