Dahon Curve folding bike?

Old October 2nd 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Dahon Curve folding bike?

Anyone have one and can share some comments abt it?

I'm VERY limited on money right now but want/need a
folder for commuting to work
Old October 2nd 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

the tube is magnesium, a garbage cycle tube material.

Old October 2nd 07, 04:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

the tube is magnesium, a garbage cycle tube material.

thought it was aluminum
Old October 2nd 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
_[_2_]

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 10:47:27 -0500, wrote:

the tube is magnesium, a garbage cycle tube material.

thought it was aluminum

According to the Dahon website, you are (except for a missing vowel)
correct.
Old October 2nd 07, 06:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

THE QUALITY MATERIALS AND DESIGN FRAME TUBE IS MAGNESIUM COLORED.

Old October 2nd 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Leo Lichtman

According to the Dahon website, you are (except for a missing vowel)
correct.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dahon evidently doesn't know about the missing "i" either. Do you know the
relative densities and tensile strengths of aluminum vs aluminium? ;-)

Old October 2nd 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Rik O'Shea

On Oct 2, 4:45 pm, datakoll wrote:
the tube is magnesium, a garbage cycle tube material.

Tell that to Pinerello - Dogma magnesium frame $$$$

Old October 2nd 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andrew Martin

On Oct 2, 8:32 am, wrote:
Anyone have one and can share some comments abt it?

I'm VERY limited on money right now but want/need a
folder for commuting to work

I rode the REI FlyBy:
http://bikehugger.com/2007/09/time_f..._the_flyby.htm

Which I believe is more-or-less the same bike. It's pretty slick for
getting around town. The internal hub makes me want to get one.

Old October 2nd 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andrew Price

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 10:47:27 -0500, wrote:

the tube is magnesium, a garbage cycle tube material.

thought it was aluminum

From what I've heard, the Dahon folders, although not in the
Brompton/Birdy class, represent good value for money.
Old October 2nd 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

I rode the REI FlyBy:
http://bikehugger.com/2007/09/time_f..._the_flyby.htm

Which I believe is more-or-less the same bike. It's pretty slick for
getting around town. The internal hub makes me want to get one.

yep that is it!!!

Maybe I will go to REI and look at it in St Louis