Visitor

Old October 4th 19, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Visitor

On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 6:00:39 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 12:46:41 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:

Actually, spraying random people with chemicals as you drive by is a
terrorist attack and could lead to life in prison.

It is also an offence to drive without a working windscreen washer.

I did say top up.

If it is so far out of alignment that it hits cyclists some distance away, it is not working as the law requires.
Old October 4th 19, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 04/10/2019 17:43, JNugent wrote:
On 04/10/2019 16:46, MrCheerful wrote:
On 04/10/2019 13:59, JNugent wrote:
On 04/10/2019 12:51, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 12:46:41 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:

Actually, spraying random people with chemicals as you drive by is
a terrorist attack and could lead to life in prison.

It is also an offence to drive without a working windscreen washer.

...or a working windscreen-wiper, eh?

I have cars without wipers or washers and they are legal to drive.

Do they have windscreens?

ah, you guessed it. afaik if you have a tilting-opening screen then
there is no wiper/washer requirement too. Many British cars pre-ww2 had
opening screens, largely because of the fogs (I read somewhere)
Old October 4th 19, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 12:46:41 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:

Actually, spraying random people with chemicals as you drive by is
a terrorist attack and could lead to life in prison.

It is also an offence to drive without a working windscreen washer.

I did say top up.

If it is so far out of alignment that it hits cyclists some distance
away, it is not working as the law requires.

It is not out of alignment, but some screenwash does spread to the nearside
when the wipers are deployed, whilst passing a road cockroach.

Old October 4th 19, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 1:59:10 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

Have you thought of prosecuting God?

Which God?

Old October 4th 19, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 4:39:24 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 04/10/2019 15:30, colwyn wrote:
On 04/10/2019 13:59, JNugent wrote:
On 04/10/2019 12:46, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 9:35:02 AM UTC+1, Peter Keller wrote:
On 04/10/2019 08:04, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Wed, 02 Oct 2019 19:32:48 GMT, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

MrCheerful wrote:
On 02/10/2019 19:26, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Visited from the guy canvassing for the local Labour
Councillor. He
asked me if I had any local issues. I told him that I was sick to
death of seeing "****** cyclists riding on the footpath". Wait for
it ........................ he told me that he was a cyclist
and it
is legal to ride on the footpath up to the age of 18. I told
him to
**** off and make sure that he closed my garden gate. The gross
stupidity of cyclists can never be underestimated.
I've emailed the local Councillor and expressed my disgust with
his
representative and his lack of basic knowledge of the law.
The stupidity of cyclists can never be underestimated.

Nearly as bad as the PCSO that thought it was OK for people to ride
unlicensed non-compliant motor cycles in public, she spoke to them
and said they should wear a helmet !!!Â* When I told her she was
completely wrong and pointed her to a .Gov website about it, she
said I was being rude !!Â* I made a complaint to the Chief Constable
and got an apology from him, but not one from her.

I did once make a complaint to the police about cyclists blasting
down the footpath.
I got a reply from the local PCSO telling me that the police prefer
to "educate rather than prosecute".
How the hell can any poverty thick as pig **** suicyclist be
educated? Let's face it, a person has to be stupid to like riding a
kids toy in the wind and the rain.
Note made to top up the windscreen washer bottle in the car, gives
the open mouthed cyclists something to drink.

Methinks 'tis your own mouth foaming that puts most people off.

I love squirting screenwash down the open mouths of pikey scum
cyclists.

Assaultor.

Actually, spraying random people with chemicals as you drive by is a
terrorist attack and could lead to life in prison.

H2O is a chemical.

Have you thought of prosecuting God?

Of course you have!

God has a lot to answer for - including wide goalposts!
Screen Wash is a potentially harmful chemical solution.
Pure water was never mentioned.

And...?

Does that stop rain from being almost-pure H2O?

Is there no Deuterium in 'J'world? How about the various Oxygen isotopes?

Marketing... don't fall for it. Water in the screen-washer bottle does
the job and it's free

In hospital maybe. The rest of us have to pay for water.

Old October 4th 19, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:

MrCheerful wrote:
[...]

spoke to them and said they should wear a helmet !!! When I
told her she was completely wrong and pointed her to a .Gov
website about it, she said I was being rude !! I made a
[...]

Sez the group clown. You really are a prat.

Old October 4th 19, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 10:18:13 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Jester wrote:

In hospital maybe. The rest of us have to pay for water.

Sez the group clown. You really are a prat.

Sez the group freeloader. United Utilities charge us £480 pa for potable water.

Old October 4th 19, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 4:47:00 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
On 04/10/2019 13:59, JNugent wrote:
On 04/10/2019 12:51, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 12:46:41 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:

Actually, spraying random people with chemicals as you drive by is a
terrorist attack and could lead to life in prison.

It is also an offence to drive without a working windscreen washer.

...or a working windscreen-wiper, eh?

I have cars without wipers or washers and they are legal to drive.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/GoKi-14073-...0228748&sr=8-5

But is it insured?
Old October 5th 19, 12:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/10/2019 18:22, MrCheerful wrote:
On 04/10/2019 17:43, JNugent wrote:
On 04/10/2019 16:46, MrCheerful wrote:
On 04/10/2019 13:59, JNugent wrote:
On 04/10/2019 12:51, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 12:46:41 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:

Actually, spraying random people with chemicals as you drive by is
a terrorist attack and could lead to life in prison.

It is also an offence to drive without a working windscreen washer.

...or a working windscreen-wiper, eh?

I have cars without wipers or washers and they are legal to drive.

Do they have windscreens?

ah, you guessed it.Â* afaik if you have a tilting-opening screen then
there is no wiper/washer requirement too.Â* Many British cars pre-ww2 had
opening screens, largely because of the fogs (I read somewhere)

That's what I thought.

Old October 5th 19, 12:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/10/2019 20:04, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 1:59:10 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

Have you thought of prosecuting God?

Which God?

The one true God, of course.

Of course you have. It would be the first thing that occurred to you.