A 'bloody idiot' is jailed for 8 years

Old October 4th 19, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default A 'bloody idiot' is jailed for 8 years

On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 1:23:18 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
QUOTE:
[SEBASTIAN MURPHY-BATES FOR MAILONLINE]
"Richardson wuz sentenced ter eight years in bridewell and a fther fo
years ed licence, wi' a possibility fe parole at de earliest date o'
five years and fo munths. 'is driv'n licence wul also be revoked."
ENDQUOTE

So he has a driving licence that can be revoked?
Perhaps he has one but was banned?
Old October 4th 19, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/10/2019 12:56, Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 9:18:44 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 03/10/2019 21:14, Simon Mason wrote:

On Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 9:19:56 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 02/10/2019 21:44, Simon Mason wrote:

His driving licence will also be revoked.

Will it make any difference?

Do we know if his revocation will still be in force when he gets let out of jail?

It is technically possible for a non-licence-holder, who of course, is
not a driver but is a cyclist*, to be banned from driving (which means
banned from obtaining a licence and banned from becoming a driver).

It isn't at all possible for a non-existent licence to be revoked.

Get yourself a dictionary.

[* Someone who has not got a driving licence is only qualified to ride a
bicycle (or drive a horse-drawn vehicle).

Yes 'J', you have made your point that cyclists use the roads as a matter of right rather than under licence.
If a person has never held a driving licence and never ridden a pedal cycle are they a cyclist?

A murderous chav who has never applied or paid for a driving licence,
taken or passed a test or bothered to buy insurance and has killed an
innocent road-user is not a driver. All they are qualified to do is ride
a bike (or, though it is now vanishingly uncommon, a vehicle which is
drawn by a draught animal).

What further qualifications would he need before riding a bicycle?

Is this even controversial?
Old October 4th 19, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/10/2019 13:23, TMS320 wrote:
On 04/10/2019 12:42, JNugent wrote:
On 04/10/2019 10:16, TMS320 wrote:
On 04/10/2019 01:53, JNugent wrote:
On 04/10/2019 00:27, TMS320 wrote:
On 03/10/2019 21:14, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 9:19:56 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 02/10/2019 21:44, Simon Mason wrote:

His driving licence will also be revoked.

Will it make any difference?

Do we know if his revocation will still be in force when he gets let
out of jail?

I meant, will not having a licence stop him from driving?

How would you go about revoking a licence that hasn't been issued?

You could ask the person that mentioned it.
Follow the link and you might find out:-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ght-years.html

Really?

Yis, dead.

QUOTE:
[SEBASTIAN MURPHY-BATES FOR MAILONLINE]
"Richardson wuz sentenced ter eight years in bridewell and a fther fo
years ed licence, wi' a possibility fe parole at de earliest date o'
five years and fo munths. 'is driv'n licence wul also be revoked."
ENDQUOTE

(Translation by http://www.whoohoo.co.uk)

Well, it IS a cyclist you are talking about.

That's all he's qualified for, as you know and will agree.
Old October 4th 19, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 1:37:48 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 04/10/2019 13:18, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 12:27:07 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:

I meant, will not having a licence stop him from driving?

I think that drivers who don't have a licence are usually caught when
their number plate is flagged up for no VED, MOT or insurance. He
gave a false name and address though when he was nabbed after killing
the cyclist.

It says it was his ex-partner's car.

The criminal driver also lied about his name and address, so the car could have been his. Either way, since he was behind the wheel of a car, that makes him a driver, in the same way as a person who is inside a 6ft radius of a bicycle is deemed to be a cyclist by the Pounders of this world.
Old October 4th 19, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

On Fri, 04 Oct 2019 11:42:39 GMT, JNugent
wrote:

On 04/10/2019 10:16, TMS320 wrote:

On 04/10/2019 01:53, JNugent wrote:
On 04/10/2019 00:27, TMS320 wrote:
On 03/10/2019 21:14, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 9:19:56 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 02/10/2019 21:44, Simon Mason wrote:

His driving licence will also be revoked.

Will it make any difference?

Do we know if his revocation will still be in force when he gets
let out of jail?

I meant, will not having a licence stop him from driving?

How would you go about revoking a licence that hasn't been issued?

You could ask the person that mentioned it.
Follow the link and you might find out:-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...killed-cyclist
-phone-jailed-eight-years.html

Really?

QUOTE:
[Judge's remarks include:]
"'Not only were you driving dangerously, you did so while you were on
licence* and were driving without a licence** and insurance...
ENDQUOTE

* That bit's nothing to do with driving licences.

** That IS to do with driving licences - the defendant with that long
criminal background and list of convictions din't have a driving
licence, though of course, none of that antecedence disqualifies him
from riding a bicycle - he has the qualification for that.

So I ask again - and in response to the poster who asked "Do we know
if his revocation will still be in force when he gets let out of
jail?" - how would you go about revoking a licence that hasn't been
issued?

I'm confused; was this dangerous criminal on a bicycle or in a car at the
time of the assault?

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.
Old October 4th 19, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/10/2019 14:31, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 1:37:48 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 04/10/2019 13:18, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 12:27:07 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:

I meant, will not having a licence stop him from driving?

I think that drivers who don't have a licence are usually caught when
their number plate is flagged up for no VED, MOT or insurance. He
gave a false name and address though when he was nabbed after killing
the cyclist.

It says it was his ex-partner's car.

The criminal driver also lied about his name and address, so the car could have been his. Either way, since he was behind the wheel of a car, that makes him a driver, in the same way as a person who is inside a 6ft radius of a bicycle is deemed to be a cyclist by the Pounders of this world.

CORRECTED:

The criminal cyclist also lied about his name and address, so the car
could have been his (after all, you don't need to be a driver to own a
vehicle). Even though he was behind the wheel of a car, that doesn't
make him a driver because a driver needs to have been taught to drive
and to have passed a series of tests as well as to have obtained a
licence. In a similar way, any person, no matter how depraved, is
qualified as a cyclist.

You have not been charged for this rather obvious correction of your
erroneous facts.
Old October 4th 19, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:

[...]

This cyclist (that's all he had any qualification for) was acting
illegally. That doesn't make him a driver any more than a shotgun
wielding bank robber is a soldier.
Old October 4th 19, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 04/10/2019 12:43, JNugent wrote:
On 04/10/2019 11:02, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 12:27:07 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 03/10/2019 21:14, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 9:19:56 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 02/10/2019 21:44, Simon Mason wrote:

His driving licence will also be revoked.

Will it make any difference?

Do we know if his revocation will still be in force when he gets let
out of jail?

I meant, will not having a licence stop him from driving?

It might mean that he will be flagged up as a banned driver on the
ANPR when he goes past...

...on the bike which is the only vehicle he's qualified for?

and how does anpr know whom is the driver of any car?
Old October 4th 19, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 1:37:48 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 04/10/2019 13:18, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 12:27:07 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:

I meant, will not having a licence stop him from driving?

I think that drivers who don't have a licence are usually caught
when their number plate is flagged up for no VED, MOT or insurance.
He gave a false name and address though when he was nabbed after
killing the cyclist.

It says it was his ex-partner's car.

The criminal driver also lied about his name and address, so the car
could have been his. Either way, since he was behind the wheel of a
car, that makes him a driver, in the same way as a person who is
inside a 6ft radius of a bicycle is deemed to be a cyclist by the
Pounders of this world.

I've never been nasty to you. Cut it out Simon.

Old October 4th 19, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 4:21:20 PM UTC+1, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:

I'm confused; was this dangerous criminal on a bicycle or in a car at the
time of the assault?

There is NO confusion; the jailed criminal was driving a car at the time of the deadly assault, so he was a driver, or motorist at the time. If he was riding a bicycle instead and killed the victim, his name would have gone down in history amongst the Daily Mail faithful. The fact that he may or may not have had a driving licence does not alter the fact that the was driving a motor vehicle.