call to non-victorians re cycling laws

Old September 10th 05, 02:42 AM
flyingdutch

Default call to non-victorians re cycling laws

fanx so far peoples

Its confirming my suspicions that the particular element I' concerned
about isnt just unique to Vic

Anyone in Qld, SA, Tassie and NT?
(Do we evev HAVE anyone here in NT?)

--
flyingdutch

Old September 10th 05, 02:57 AM
SomeGuy

flyingdutch Wrote:
fanx so far peoples

Its confirming my suspicions that the particular element I' concerned
about isnt just unique to Vic

Anyone in Qld, SA, Tassie and NT?
(Do we evev HAVE anyone here in NT?)

If there is no-one from NT, their road rules are probably online
somewhere.

--
SomeGuy

Old September 10th 05, 03:20 AM
cfsmtb

Try asking this crew: http://www.nt.cycling.org.au/

--
cfsmtb

Old September 10th 05, 05:08 AM
SteveA

flyingdutch Wrote:
fanx so far peoples

Its confirming my suspicions that the particular element I' concerned
about isnt just unique to Vic

Anyone in Qld, SA, Tassie and NT?
(Do we evev HAVE anyone here in NT?)

NT -

from
'http://www.ipe.nt.gov.au/whatwedo/roadsafety/publications/pdf/safecycling.pdf'
(http://tinyurl.com/9kl6e)

WHEN CYCLING ON BICYCLE PATHS AND FOOTPATHS:[/b]

• YOU MUST KEEP TO THE LEFT OF ANY ONCOMING BICYCLE RIDER.

• YOU CAN RIDE ON FOOTPATHS (UNLESS PROHIBITED BY A \"NO BICYCLE\"
SIGN), BUT YOU MUST KEEP LEFT AND GIVE WAY TO PEDESTRIANS.

• USE YOUR BELL OR HORN TO WARN OTHERS, ESPECIALLY WHEN RIDING UP
BEHIND THEM.

THE LEGISLATIVE BASIS (NT TRAFFIC ACT AND REGS):

[b]85. BICYCLES ON FOOTPATHS
(1) For the purposes of rule 250(1), if another law in force in the
Territory purports to prohibit the riding of bicycles on footpaths, the
law is ineffective unless "No Bicycles" signs are displayed to indicate
the area of footpath where riding of bicycles is prohibited.

(2) If another law in force in the Territory purports to prohibit
the riding of bicycles in a public place (such as a pedestrian mall),
the law is ineffective unless "No Bicycles" signs or "Road Access"
signs are displayed to indicate the area where riding of bicycles is
prohibited.

Steve(in WA)A

--
SteveA

Old September 10th 05, 05:36 AM
Resound

"cfsmtb" wrote in message

SomeGuy Wrote:
If there is no-one from NT, their road rules are probably online
somewhere.

Try asking this crew: http://www.nt.cycling.org.au/

--
cfsmtb

It's not exhaustive, but I did find this through the www.nt.gov.au website
(they have have a specific cycling sub-site at
http://www.ipe.nt.gov.au/whatwedo/cycling/index.html )

http://www.ipe.nt.gov.au/whatwedo/ro...afecycling.pdf