QS in retro kit, finish line crash

Old April 5th 09, 08:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Default QS in retro kit, finish line crash

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ewoud/tmp/20090405_rvv_qspres.mp4 (18 MB)
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ewoud/tmp/2009...inishcrash.mp4 (4.4 MB)
Old April 5th 09, 09:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Default QS in retro kit, finish line crash, Muur

Susan Walker wrote:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ewoud/tmp/20090405_rvv_qspres.mp4 (18 MB)
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ewoud/tmp/2009...inishcrash.mp4 (4.4 MB)

Muur van Geraardsbergen
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ewoud/tmp/20090405_rvv_muur.mp4 (53 MB)
Old April 5th 09, 10:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
dave a

Susan Walker wrote:
Susan Walker wrote:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ewoud/tmp/20090405_rvv_qspres.mp4 (18 MB)
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ewoud/tmp/2009...inishcrash.mp4 (4.4 MB)

Muur van Geraardsbergen
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ewoud/tmp/20090405_rvv_muur.mp4 (53 MB)

Many thanks. That was some pretty serious hurt Devolder laid down.
Quinziato started to wobble a little and Devolder just powered away.
Awesome.

- dave a

Old April 6th 09, 09:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Geraard Spergen[_3_]

On Apr 5, 12:49*pm, Susan Walker wrote:
QS in retro kit

From TB's site:

****************************
Quick Step was the first team at the start and they had their reason,
Tom and the others wanted to ride in a new kit in retro style, but the
UCI did not allow them.

"We had planned to ride the Ronde in these shirts, but the people from
the UCI did not allow us to", Tom said. "Which is why we got rolling
in our usual kit. I kind of like these retro shirts. We wanted to show
them to the audience all the same, which is why we were at the
starting podium so early. We pulled on our 'regular' white shirts
after that", he concluded.
****************************

Old April 6th 09, 09:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
Geraard Spergen wrote:

On Apr 5, 12:49*pm, Susan Walker wrote:
QS in retro kit

From TB's site:

****************************
Quick Step was the first team at the start and they had their reason,
Tom and the others wanted to ride in a new kit in retro style, but the
UCI did not allow them.

"We had planned to ride the Ronde in these shirts, but the people from
the UCI did not allow us to", Tom said. "Which is why we got rolling
in our usual kit. I kind of like these retro shirts. We wanted to show
them to the audience all the same, which is why we were at the
starting podium so early. We pulled on our 'regular' white shirts
after that", he concluded.
****************************

I still don't understand why the UCI was so fussed about it. Alt-kits
are FUN! This happens all the time, and the usual response is a minimum
fine. Why the big smack-down this time?

My favorite wasn't any of Cipo's overdone lunacy, it was the "US Mail"
pseudo-retro kit on the last day of the centennial TdF.

My team did an order of pseudo-retro wool a few years back,

Old April 7th 09, 12:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 20:43:38 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

I still don't understand why the UCI was so fussed about it. Alt-kits
are FUN! This happens all the time, and the usual response is a minimum
fine. Why the big smack-down this time?

Yeah, I don't get it either. Though I think that each team should be
required to notify other teams of any changes at the directors meeting
for a race, or a day in advance or something like that.
Old April 7th 09, 03:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

wrote:

I still don't understand why the UCI was so fussed about it. Alt-kits
are FUN! This happens all the time, and the usual response is a minimum
fine. Why the big smack-down this time?

Yeah, I don't get it either. Though I think that each team should be
required to notify other teams of any changes at the directors meeting
for a race, or a day in advance or something like that.

Eh. Surely the only real consideration is whether the alternate kit
conflicts with either another kit or (in a stage race) a leader's jersey.

Yes, perhaps an early warning (something in the range of the normal
timeline for printing a set of jerseys) would be reasonable, just so 3
teams don't all show up in blue (fashion clash'n!) or something.

Otherwise, this ruling smacks of black-socks nonsense.

Old April 7th 09, 07:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

wrote:

I still don't understand why the UCI was so fussed about it. Alt-kits
are FUN! This happens all the time, and the usual response is a minimum
fine. Why the big smack-down this time?

Yeah, I don't get it either. Though I think that each team should be
required to notify other teams of any changes at the directors meeting
for a race, or a day in advance or something like that.

Eh. Surely the only real consideration is whether the alternate kit
conflicts with either another kit or (in a stage race) a leader's jersey.

Yes, perhaps an early warning (something in the range of the normal
timeline for printing a set of jerseys) would be reasonable, just so 3
teams don't all show up in blue (fashion clash'n!) or something.

Otherwise, this ruling smacks of black-socks nonsense.

Dumbass -

Nearly all bureaucracies have a tendency to create new
rationalizations to justify their existence.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
CEO, RBR Rules Committee

Finish line degreaser Nige Danton UK 7 February 12th 09 06:16 PM
If they ride across the finish line holding hands... _[_2_] Racing 14 July 24th 07 08:31 PM
Daily crowd near my finish line [email protected] Techniques 8 April 1st 07 04:41 AM
TDF: Where is the finish line ? Ravi General 1 July 11th 06 11:51 PM
Finish Line Krytech Wax Lube Simonb UK 12 January 21st 04 06:59 PM