Brisbane racing

Old November 2nd 05, 11:42 AM
adam85

Default Brisbane racing

Just a note to anyone keen on a few races in brisbane, as well as saturday
crits at Murrarie there are a few new things happening. HPRW has started the
summer season with (almost) alternating races at Lakeside and Nundah
Saturday mornings at 7am.
http://www.hamiltonwheelers.com/page3.html

Also KangarooPoint/VictorBroncos are running crits at Nundah every Sunday
morning A grade at 7am, B grade 7:45 C grade 8:30am.

Also anyone keen on entering the Giro Di Brisbane Nov 13? Abby that's out
your way isn't it - Carina? Sounds like a good event!

Details of all events on Andrew Von Berky's site:
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/vonberky/

Adam

Old November 2nd 05, 11:36 PM
Donga

Thanks for that Adam. I was just thinking that the Melbourne folks have
all the fun.

I wish there was a mid-week crit in BrisVegas. Up in Cairns the Airport
crits on Wed. nights are very popular.

Has anyone looked for a crit site on the south side of Brisbane? What
about Rocklea or Archerfield somewhere?

Donga in Yeronga

Old November 3rd 05, 12:18 AM
adam85

"Donga" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for that Adam. I was just thinking that the Melbourne folks have
all the fun.

I wish there was a mid-week crit in BrisVegas. Up in Cairns the Airport
crits on Wed. nights are very popular.

HPRW are running a twilight series starting January 25 on Wednesday
nights at Nundah. A good way to let of some work stress!

Has anyone looked for a crit site on the south side of Brisbane? What
about Rocklea or Archerfield somewhere?

Donga in Yeronga

There were crits running in the industrial estate at Crestmead but the lack
of numbers stopped it. They have races down there occasionally.

Adam

Old November 3rd 05, 12:25 AM
Absent Husband

Hey adam!!

I'm missing the Giro coz I'll be up in Caloundra, camping out under the
stars for the weekend... Didn't realise the date clash until way too
late

To top it all off, I tore my left calf muscle (yooooooowwwwwwwwwwch!!)
while out on a r#n last night, so me thinks my cycling will be soft,
poncy, easy commutes for the next week or so to let it recover...

Abby (who clearly wasn't designed with 'athlete' in mind...)

Old November 3rd 05, 01:36 AM
adam85

"Absent Husband" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey adam!!

I'm missing the Giro coz I'll be up in Caloundra, camping out under the
stars for the weekend... Didn't realise the date clash until way too
late

To top it all off, I tore my left calf muscle (yooooooowwwwwwwwwwch!!)
while out on a r#n last night, so me thinks my cycling will be soft,
poncy, easy commutes for the next week or so to let it recover...

Abby (who clearly wasn't designed with 'athlete' in mind...)

Ouch! I did the same thing a few weeks back in a race, cramped up and
did some damage. I found *reallly* easy cycling to work helped and it
came good in a week or two. Hope it heals fast mate..

Adam

Old November 3rd 05, 04:02 AM
TimC

On 2005-11-03, Absent Husband (aka Bruce)
Hey adam!!

I'm missing the Giro coz I'll be up in Caloundra, camping out under the
stars for the weekend... Didn't realise the date clash until way too
late

Caloundra? Stars? I laugh in your general direction.

I only ever saw smog and/or light pollution.

To top it all off, I tore my left calf muscle (yooooooowwwwwwwwwwch!!)
while out on a r#n last night, so me thinks my cycling will be soft,
poncy, easy commutes for the next week or so to let it recover...

That'll learn ya.

--
TimC
Memory fault -- core...uh...um...core... Oh dammit, I forget!
Old November 3rd 05, 06:13 AM
LotteBum

TimC wrote:

Caloundra? Stars? I laugh in your general direction.
I only ever saw smog and/or light pollution.

Coming from someone who lives in Melbourne, I find this strange.

Lotte

--
LotteBum

Old November 3rd 05, 06:47 AM
TimC

On 2005-11-03, LotteBum (aka Bruce)

TimC wrote:

Caloundra? Stars? I laugh in your general direction.
I only ever saw smog and/or light pollution.

Coming from someone who lives in Melbourne, I find this strange.

I think I am just bitter about Caloundra because of the horrible
weather up there. Why anyone would prefer Queensland to Melbourne, I
do not know

We amateur astronomers knew it as "beautiful one day, raining the next".

--
TimC
Black holes are where God divided by zero. -- Steven Wright
Old November 3rd 05, 08:45 AM
monsterman

Absent Husband Wrote:
Hey adam!!

I'm missing the Giro coz I'll be up in Caloundra, camping out under the
stars for the weekend... Didn't realise the date clash until way too
late

To top it all off, I tore my left calf muscle (yooooooowwwwwwwwwwch!!)
while out on a r#n last night, so me thinks my cycling will be soft,
poncy, easy commutes for the next week or so to let it recover...

Abby (who clearly wasn't designed with 'athlete' in mind...)

I feel your pain. I've recently learned that bike only for a few
months and then back into r%nning is a recipe for calf disaster unless
you stretch those pesky things regularly and ease back into it. I tore
my left calf 3 weeks ago, so preparation for Noosa this weekend (just
doing bike leg in team only as no running for a while) has been
"hampered" shall we say.

--
monsterman

Old November 4th 05, 04:16 AM
adam85

"Absent Husband" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey adam!!

I'm missing the Giro coz I'll be up in Caloundra, camping out under the
stars for the weekend... Didn't realise the date clash until way too
late

Here's a bit more info on the Giro Di Brisbane

http://tinyurl.com/7newt

It's a pity the support races won't be run on the road course only the elite
race. Should be good to watch though as part of the Italian Festival they
are running.

Adam