Motor cars are dangerous.

Old March 22nd 14, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

Default Motor cars are dangerous.

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 21:53:03 +0000, Judith
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 12:53:50 +0000, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

snip

It gave me quite a start, but Meg was unphased by it all, and I fed
her a little biscuit as a reward for being so brave.

Did you remember to wipe her arse, after she had had a **** on Chinbook
Meadows, before the brat became contaminated?

I didn't even consider it.

I suppose your "friends" all wipe their dogs' arses, do they?
Old March 23rd 14, 02:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 21:52:33 +0000, Judith
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 19:50:47 +0000, Bertie Wooster

wrote:

snip

I would expect a majority of cyclists to have third party insurance as
a minimum, but I am willing to have my expectation shown to be
incorrect.

Half of the poorest households do not have home contents insurance.

The poorest 5%? 10%? 25%? 50%?

More than half of all renters do not have home contents insurance

Presumably renters are included in the household stats above.

Given that most cyclists are poor: this probably means that half the
cyclists
on the road have no insurance.

What is the average income of cyclists compared to the average income
of the population?

Very low, I would think. If they didn't have low incomes, they wouldn't be
riding about on child's toys.

Old March 23rd 14, 02:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

wrote:

snip

It gave me quite a start, but Meg was unphased by it all, and I fed
her a little biscuit as a reward for being so brave.

Did you remember to wipe her arse, after she had had a **** on Chinbook
Meadows, before the brat became contaminated?

I didn't even consider it.

I suppose your "friends" all wipe their dogs' arses, do they?

Is that how you view your brat, comparable to a dog?

Old March 23rd 14, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 11:16:13 +0000, Tarcap wrote:

"Peter Keller" wrote in message ...

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 09:21:33 +0000, Dave- Cyclists VORC wrote:

On 21/03/2014 23:41, Bertie Wooster wrote:
Earlier today I left Chinbook Meadows with Meg.

Is that what you have called your daughter?

And what is wrong with that?

Meg sat nicely on the pavement infront of the zebra crossing.

Isn't that child abuse?

No.

Cars in both directions stopped for us, and I called Meg to heel and
started to cross the road.

Some cyclists wouldn't have stopped at all.

IFIFY

CRASH

A young lad in a car with a loud beatbox, smashed into the car infront
of him. That car then smashed into the shiny new car in front of her.
And that car was shunted onto the crossing narrowly missing Meg.

Thankfully they will all be insured. Unlike some cyclists.

IFIFY

I continued over the crossing and went on my way, betting that the
three car drivers wished they had gone by bike.

They have far more sense than that.

I do not think

There, I've fixed it for you.

Thank you very much kind sir for your great accolade!
Now could you please offer me the compliment of weed, a fungus, the dregs
of this earth, full of skunk faeces so that I can project them rapidly
in your direction?
Old March 23rd 14, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

wrote:

snip

I would expect a majority of cyclists to have third party insurance as a
minimum, but I am willing to have my expectation shown to be incorrect.

Half of the poorest households do not have home contents insurance.
More than half of all renters do not have home contents insurance

Given that most cyclists are poor: this probably means that half the
cyclists on the road have no insurance.

It is not illegal to be poor.
Old March 23rd 14, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

wrote:

snip

I would expect a majority of cyclists to have third party insurance as
a minimum, but I am willing to have my expectation shown to be
incorrect.

Half of the poorest households do not have home contents insurance.

The poorest 5%? 10%? 25%? 50%?

More than half of all renters do not have home contents insurance

Presumably renters are included in the household stats above.

Given that most cyclists are poor: this probably means that half the
cyclists on the road have no insurance.

What is the average income of cyclists compared to the average income of
the population?

Very low, I would think. If they didn't have low incomes, they wouldn't
be riding about on child's toys.

I am very proud of my child's toy. It is a very convenient pleasant
exhilarating viable means of transport.
Old March 23rd 14, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave-Cyclists VORT

On 22/03/2014 19:50, Bertie Wooster wrote:

Thankfully they will all be insured. Unlike cyclists.

Possible - but by no means a guarantee.

1.2 million of the 34 million drivers are uninsured - approx 3.5%,
compared to the vast majority of uninsured cyclists. (Est/Min figures).

Where do you get your figures for uninsured cyclists from?

There lies the problem. Since cyclists are an unregulated rabble, we
have no reliable figures.

I would expect a majority of cyclists to have third party insurance as
a minimum, but I am willing to have my expectation shown to be
incorrect.

Because you cannot support it. Since insurance is not compulsory &
cyclists are well know sponging freeloaders, we can assume most are
uninsured.

Motorists account for 1 single fatality per 208,311,415 miles driven. A
simply incredible safety record.

I expect Judith to pounce on that very precise figure any second now.

--
Dave-Cyclists VORT
Motorists pay £46 billion a year in extra taxes, specifically so they
Old March 23rd 14, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:

snip

I would expect a majority of cyclists to have third party insurance as a
minimum, but I am willing to have my expectation shown to be incorrect.

Half of the poorest households do not have home contents insurance.
More than half of all renters do not have home contents insurance

Given that most cyclists are poor: this probably means that half the
cyclists on the road have no insurance.

It is not illegal to be poor.

That is so true.

Nevertheless, there is someone over on ukpm whose view is that all
unemployed people (he being one himself) are very subject to criminal
proclivities (merely on the basis of their "poverty"). He will not be
shaken from that view (presumably generalising from the particular).

On his data, all poor people (however defined) would be immediately
imprisoned.
Old March 23rd 14, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 09:23:33 +0000 (UTC), Peter Keller
wrote:

snip

I am very proud of my child's toy.

Most people just call it a prick.

Dirty *******.

Old March 23rd 14, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

wrote:

snip

It gave me quite a start, but Meg was unphased by it all, and I fed
her a little biscuit as a reward for being so brave.

Did you remember to wipe her arse, after she had had a **** on Chinbook
Meadows, before the brat became contaminated?

I didn't even consider it.

I suppose your "friends" all wipe their dogs' arses, do they?

Toxocariasis is particularly hazardous to small children as it can result in
blindness.

Just leave the dog **** on the dog's arse so that it can wipe it off on to the
carpet: and then the brat can pick it up and pop it in.

More dangerous cars! Doug[_3_] UK 26 June 13th 10 10:41 AM
They don't even know why these dangerous cars surge out of control! Doug[_3_] UK 124 March 7th 10 10:22 AM
Even more dangerous cars allowed on our roads? Doug[_3_] UK 35 February 13th 10 07:40 PM
Very dangerous cars are allowed on our roads. Doug[_3_] UK 183 February 8th 10 11:05 AM
"Cycling is not dangerous. Cars are dangerous." Doug[_3_] UK 56 September 14th 09 05:57 PM