Recent Improvements

Old July 21st 05, 09:54 PM
cathwood

Default Recent Improvements

Hi,
I want to celebrate my recent improvements with you lot (cos when I tell
my friends the don't care, funny). Anyway small steps, remeber.
1. Thanks to Roger at the Ellesmere Port Diabolo (sorry, Circus)
convention on Saturday I learned the Static Mount and the Rolling Mount
on my 20". I also half learned the Side Mount.
2. Also on Saturday I became aware that I am hardly using my left leg at
all. So I introduced my left leg to unicycling and can now do a couple
of idles with my left leg and am working on mounting with the opposite
foot to usual.
3. Practicing this evening I nailed the rollback mount on my 29er 50% of
the time and even managed a couple of idles on her.
Oh and I can do up to 29 idles on my 20" now.
So, all in all, a good week. Unfortunately the weather has been too
rubbish to do any long rides or practice MUni. (Yes, I am a fairweather
unicyclist).
Thanks for reading.
Cathy

--
cathwood - Lunicyclist

A thought is just a thought.

http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

Old July 21st 05, 10:40 PM
halfbike

Good for you. I remember I the first time I idled for a long time. I
was in a gym that a couple unicyclists in town come to every monday
night. I was like hey guys I'm idling, and they were like "uh huh yeah,
that great." So I was like "forget you guys, I'm gonna become the
master and leave you in the dust." And that's bay-cus-ly what has
happened, since I can learn new things in like 5 seconds!

--
halfbike - Obsessed Rider

Your mom goes to college...
halfbike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9428

Old July 21st 05, 11:41 PM
s7ev0

Hi Cathy,

That's brilliant! I'm impressed with both your progress and your
dedication! You're obviously going to be so much better at the next BUC
that I'm going to have to hide away in shame!

I fear that I don't get out on the unis anywhere near enough as I ought
to, and my progress has suffered as a consequence.

Recently I have rediscovered the field at the back of my house, and the
fact that I feel slightly less fearful of hurting myself on it than I do
on the road in the front. I managed three pedals backwards (woo hoo!).
I must get back to the level skills, coz that's what keeps me focussed,
rather then trying a load of new skills willy-nilly.

My son is determined to wheel walk and keeps urging me to try, mainly I
believe so he can enjoy watching me fail miserably.

Keep us up to date on your progress, Cathy. I need spurring on to keep
improving till we meet again!

--
s7ev0 - Here comes the summer!

We fell out of trees, got cut and broke bones and teeth, and there
were no lawsuits from these accidents. They were accidents. No one was
to blame but us. Remember accidents? ~ sourced by GILD
s7ev0's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7310

Old July 22nd 05, 02:08 AM
WWUunicycler

Congratulations!!! In my opinion you're at one of the most fun times.
I remember always loving to count revolutions or idles. It's just so
fun to see if you can beat your previous record!

--
WWUunicycler - Wheel walkin fool!
WWUunicycler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10142

Old July 22nd 05, 04:22 AM
loosejello

I usually never count idles or revolutions, I just pay attention to what
I'm doing.

--
loosejello - Amanda gives me sunburn
loosejello's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8295

Old July 22nd 05, 07:54 AM
The Yang

Same here, I'm usually too busy trying to stay on top my squirrely
little girl to count.

that sounded dirty

--
The Yang - Everything with practice

"Dude, I once saw a unicycle breastfeed a flamingo back to health"
-Random drunk rantings of a drunk man

The Yang's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9517

Old July 22nd 05, 02:05 PM
U-Turn

Go, Cath!

--
U-Turn - Cool water for the flame

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
-- Dave Stockton

Old July 22nd 05, 05:20 PM
cathwood

Thanks for your encouragement. I knew you'd understand.

I'm impressed with both your progress and your dedication!

Thanks for that, but it's more like my obsession. (due to my Asberger
traits)

Cathy

Old July 26th 05, 06:33 AM
Klaas Bil

Congrats, Cathy, you're making some real progress there!

(Yes, I am a fairweather unicyclist).

Nothing to be ashamed of as far as I'm concerned, see
http://www.xs4all.nl/~klaasbil/weather.htm.

(Although recently a light on-and-off drizzle started when I was on a
distance ride and I continued for a good hour. It wasn't as terrible
as I feared. "De mens lijdt het meest onder het lijden dat hij
vreest.")

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
I ride like a princess. - john_childs