Bush crashes mountain biking.

Old May 23rd 04, 12:12 AM
Callistus Valerius

Default Bush crashes mountain biking.

Crawford, Texas-AP -- A bike ride has left President Bush a bit dinged up.

The White House says Bush suffered cuts and bruises today after taking a
spill while mountain biking on his Texas ranch.

A spokesman says Bush has minor abrasions and scratches on his chin, lip,
nose, right hand and both knees.

His personal doctor was along for the ride and cleaned the cuts. Bush
finished the last mile of his ride -- refusing a Secret Service offer to
drive him home.

The spokesman says there had been a lot of rain in the area lately and that
the topsoil was wet.
------------
Like his friend Lance, an excuse for the incident was quickly dispatched.

Old May 23rd 04, 05:17 AM
Richard Adams

Callistus Valerius wrote:
Crawford, Texas-AP -- A bike ride has left President Bush a bit dinged up.

The White House says Bush suffered cuts and bruises today after taking a
spill while mountain biking on his Texas ranch.

A spokesman says Bush has minor abrasions and scratches on his chin, lip,
nose, right hand and both knees.

His personal doctor was along for the ride and cleaned the cuts. Bush
finished the last mile of his ride -- refusing a Secret Service offer to
drive him home.

The spokesman says there had been a lot of rain in the area lately and that
the topsoil was wet.
------------
Like his friend Lance, an excuse for the incident was quickly dispatched.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004May22.html

Seems George is as error prone on two wheels as Kerry. I guess we'll
just have to consider issues rather than bike handling skills.

FWIW, if he's got bum knees I'd think road would be better. After 3-4
hours in the Santa Cruz mountains I'd usually limp for the following
week, with my bum knee, though it tolerates consecutive days on the
road, hammering away on 60 mile rides just peachy.

Old May 23rd 04, 07:14 AM
Howard Kveck

In article . net,
"Callistus Valerius" wrote:

Crawford, Texas-AP -- A bike ride has left President Bush a bit dinged up.

The White House says Bush suffered cuts and bruises today after taking a
spill while mountain biking on his Texas ranch.

A spokesman says Bush has minor abrasions and scratches on his chin, lip,
nose, right hand and both knees.

His personal doctor was along for the ride and cleaned the cuts. Bush
finished the last mile of his ride -- refusing a Secret Service offer to
drive him home.

The spokesman says there had been a lot of rain in the area lately and that
the topsoil was wet.
------------
Like his friend Lance, an excuse for the incident was quickly dispatched.

Compare and contrast:

"Iraqis are ready to "take the training wheels off" and assume political
power from the U.S.-led coalition, President George W. Bush said Thursday
as his administration began to roll out a rough plan for the June 30
transition of authority."

--
tanx,
Howard

"Moby Dick was a work of art, What the hell happened?"

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old May 23rd 04, 11:30 AM
Stewart Fleming

Howard Kveck wrote:
"Iraqis are ready to "take the training wheels off" and assume political
power from the U.S.-led coalition, President George W. Bush said Thursday
as his administration began to roll out a rough plan for the June 30
transition of authority."

Now, now Howard, cite your sources (weblog this time)
:-)

Old May 23rd 04, 11:45 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Richard Adams wrote:

Callistus Valerius wrote:
[...]

Who knows? There's terrain and there's terrain. And for that matter,
there's bikes (as in manly hardtails of doom) and then there's bikes (as
in freeride squish-monsters for hucking off of great galumphing
nightmare drops).

Insufficient info. We don't know if this happened because W. can't ride
upright on smooth fire roads, or because W. blew the roll-out after
buttering a 6-foot drop with a sketchy landing area.

Mountain bike crashes don't count unless you can't ride away from them,

--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine/wiredcola/
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club
Old May 23rd 04, 04:05 PM
Richard Adams

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
Richard Adams wrote:

Callistus Valerius wrote:

[...]

Like those in polls of late...

Insufficient info. We don't know if this happened because W. can't ride
upright on smooth fire roads, or because W. blew the roll-out after
buttering a 6-foot drop with a sketchy landing area.

Mountain bike crashes don't count unless you can't ride away from them,

I've had a few thrilling moments of air travel, with great views of the
ground and my bike summersaulting off behind me somewhere, only to get
up and dust myself off and pluck a few burrs then saddle up and roll on.
Worst crash was at probably 5mph, a push off, tire hit a rock under
deep sand and twisted handlebars. I unpoetically fell over sideways
into a pile of pine branches, which ripped my arm up pretty bad.

IIRC Crawford is pretty flat. He probably had his mind on other things,
not paying attention to the trail is the best way to flail.

Old May 23rd 04, 04:24 PM
Robert Chung

http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/temp...obapproval.png

Old May 23rd 04, 07:02 PM
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Stewart Fleming wrote:

Howard Kveck wrote:
"Iraqis are ready to "take the training wheels off" and assume political
power from the U.S.-led coalition, President George W. Bush said Thursday
as his administration began to roll out a rough plan for the June 30
transition of authority."

Now, now Howard, cite your sources (weblog this time)
:-)

And what a weblog...

http://atrios.blogspot.com/2004_05_1...26469520390163

Old May 23rd 04, 07:17 PM
Robert Chung

Steve wrote:
Exactly!!

From a FRENCH website with the name COWARD.........

http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/temp...obapproval.png

Then you probably won't like this, either:
http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/temp/fat-vote.png

considering mountain biking Steve Mountain Biking 41 June 4th 04 04:41 AM
Mike Vandeman qa2 Mountain Biking 26 November 18th 03 12:16 PM
More Hate Mail from a Typical Mountain Biker Stephen Baker Mountain Biking 11 October 26th 03 05:14 AM