Pedestrian mown down by cyclist dies

Old September 12th 13, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Pedestrian mown down by cyclist dies

I heard bicycles don't cause serious injury and can stop on a sixpence
in any case. Perhaps it is the head down, racing riding position that
causes these crashes?

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/elder...st_1_224 7967
Old September 12th 13, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

Mrcheerful" wrote in message

I heard bicycles don't cause serious injury and can stop on a sixpence in
any case. Perhaps it is the head down, racing riding position that causes
these crashes?

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/elder...st_1_224 7967

"An elderly man has died after being hit by a cyclist in Ramsgate while
trying to cross the road."

"A man was riding his black Streamer Cube Racer bicycle down Madeira Walk,
heading towards the seafront, when a 70-year-old man walked into the road,
attempting to cross."

Sounds like the cyclist was going too fast and didn't see the man. It's
unlikely the 70 year-old was sprinting into the road. As cyclists are less
easy to see than larger vehicles, it is essential that they proceed with
caution when in areas where there are likely to be pedestrians.

I wonder if the cyclist (who was travelling down a hill) was travelling
within the speed limit? Of course, speed limits don't apply to cyclists so
they can ride as recklessly as they wish. I also wonder if the cyclist has
third party insurance to compensate the dead man's family if the cyclist is
found at fault.

Old September 12th 13, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

On 12/09/2013 19:54, Mrcheerful wrote:

I heard bicycles don't cause serious injury and can stop on a sixpence
in any case. Perhaps it is the head down, racing riding position that
causes these crashes?

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/elder...st_1_224 7967

Any machine that moves the body at a speed faster than 'God' intended it
to move is a potential killer. Bicycles, ridden inconsiderately, do not
violate this rule.
Old September 12th 13, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 12/09/2013 13:54, Mrcheerful wrote:

I heard bicycles don't cause serious injury and can stop on a sixpence
in any case. Perhaps it is the head down, racing riding position that
causes these crashes?

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/elder...st_1_224 7967

An obvious fabrication.

Everyone knows that a cyclist does presents no danger to anyone but
himself. Haven't we had assured of that here enough times?
Old September 12th 13, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 12/09/2013 16:14, brianrob1961 wrote:
On 12/09/2013 19:54, Mrcheerful wrote:

I heard bicycles don't cause serious injury and can stop on a sixpence
in any case. Perhaps it is the head down, racing riding position that
causes these crashes?

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/elder...st_1_224 7967

Any machine that moves the body at a speed faster than 'God' intended it
to move is a potential killer. Bicycles, ridden inconsiderately, do not
violate this rule.

Where is the real brianrob1961 and what have you done with him?
Old September 13th 13, 04:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

On 12/09/2013 22:56, jnugent wrote:
On 12/09/2013 13:54, Mrcheerful wrote:

I heard bicycles don't cause serious injury and can stop on a sixpence
in any case. Perhaps it is the head down, racing riding position that
causes these crashes?

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/elder...st_1_224 7967

An obvious fabrication.

Everyone knows that a cyclist does presents no danger to anyone but
himself. Haven't we had assured of that here enough times?

I don't know. Have we? If so then you will be able to provide the links
to posts.
Old September 13th 13, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 16:57:43 -0500, jnugent wrote:

On 12/09/2013 16:14, brianrob1961 wrote:
On 12/09/2013 19:54, Mrcheerful wrote:

I heard bicycles don't cause serious injury and can stop on a sixpence
in any case. Perhaps it is the head down, racing riding position that
causes these crashes?

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/

elderly_man_70_dies_after_crash_with_cyclist_1_224 7967

Any machine that moves the body at a speed faster than 'God' intended
it to move is a potential killer. Bicycles, ridden inconsiderately, do
not violate this rule.

Where is the real brianrob1961 and what have you done with him?

This newsgroup has been plagued by single people who post under multiple
identities.
Perhaps here we have multiple people posting under a single identity.
Old September 13th 13, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Peter Keller" wrote in message

This newsgroup has been plagued by single people who post under multiple
identities.

Almost exclusively cyclists, if memory serves.

Old September 13th 13, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"jnugent" wrote in message
On 12/09/2013 16:14, brianrob1961 wrote:
On 12/09/2013 19:54, Mrcheerful wrote:

I heard bicycles don't cause serious injury and can stop on a sixpence
in any case. Perhaps it is the head down, racing riding position that
causes these crashes?

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/elder...st_1_224 7967

Any machine that moves the body at a speed faster than 'God' intended it
to move is a potential killer. Bicycles, ridden inconsiderately, do not
violate this rule.

Where is the real brianrob1961 and what have you done with him?

"takethegroupback" tactic #4,603,561. Pretend to agree with a motorist, then
he might not be so ****ed off when you wish him dead again.