pavement cyclists : string 'em up.

Old September 20th 13, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

Default pavement cyclists : string 'em up.

On 20/09/2013 15:44, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"Catrap" wrote in message

Indeed, he seems to have moved on to tactic #468504820 whereby he inserts
far too many "lol"s, "tee hee"s and "roflmao"s into his posts to try and
convince us (himself) that he's actually enjoying himself. But he'll give
himself away with another 4-letter rant before too much longer, mark my
words.

If he doesn't stress himself out and get a heart attack first, of course.

Fingers crossed....

I think you will find that turds in tin prisons are more likely to have
heart attacks.
Old September 20th 13, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Catrap" wrote in message

Indeed, he seems to have moved on to tactic #468504820 whereby he
inserts
far too many "lol"s, "tee hee"s and "roflmao"s into his posts to try and
convince us (himself) that he's actually enjoying himself. But he'll
give
himself away with another 4-letter rant before too much longer, mark my
words.

If he doesn't stress himself out and get a heart attack first, of
course.

Fingers crossed....

I think you will find that turds in tin prisons are more likely to have
heart attacks.

"I drive for a living".... turds in tin prisons indeed.

Are there any official statistics to support your assertion, or are
anecdotal accounts only unreliable when concerned with the speed of coaches?

Old September 20th 13, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

"Catrap" wrote in message

[...]

Oh, you are finally admitting that you are a **** who can't gauge speed
then lol. I pity anyone who finds themselves in the dock with you -
armed with your attention to detail and obsession with the facts - on
the jury.

Are there any statistics? Well, I have no idea on that one. Are you now
suggesting that people who have sedentary lifestyles live as long as
active people?
Old September 20th 13, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Catrap" wrote in message

[...]

lol? Was that funny? How would *you* "gauge speed" of other vehicles when in
a moving vehicle then Malcolm? Would you look at your own speed indicator,
and then assume that when something goes past you, they are moving faster
than that? Or do you have some kind of extra sense that allows you to judge
whether another vehicle is moving at 68mph or 70mph when you're standing
still?

I pity anyone who finds themselves in the dock with you -
armed with your attention to detail and obsession with the facts - on the
jury.

Are there any statistics? Well, I have no idea on that one. Are you now
suggesting that people who have sedentary lifestyles live as long as
active people?

Are there any official statistics to support your assertion that people who
drive are sedentary?

You drive so therefore you are sedentary, therefore you'll die early. Am I
getting the hang of this logic?

Old September 20th 13, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

"Catrap" wrote in message

[...]

No, not at all. Just as some smokers (my grandfather for instance) live
to a ripe old age. I'm working on the law of probability (as you well
know). It is probable that a 50 year old regular cyclist is going to
live longer and be fitter and healthier than a 50 year old who drives
everywhere. Of course the cyclist might die of a heart defect and the
car driver might live to be 105, but the chances are that it will be the
other way around.
Old September 20th 13, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"brianrob1961" wrote in message

No, not at all. Just as some smokers (my grandfather for instance) live to
a ripe old age. I'm working on the law of probability (as you well know).
It is probable that a 50 year old regular cyclist is going to live longer
and be fitter and healthier than a 50 year old who drives everywhere.

Ah, a "sedentary" "50 year old who drives everywhere", not actually "turds
in tin cans" as you first claimed.

Of course the cyclist might die of a heart defect and the car driver might
live to be 105, but the chances are that it will be the other way around.

Yes, maybe we should just put it on record that everyone lives longer than
everyone else, except when they don't.

Old September 20th 13, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

On 20/09/2013 19:29, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"brianrob1961" wrote in message

No, not at all. Just as some smokers (my grandfather for instance)
live to a ripe old age. I'm working on the law of probability (as you
well know). It is probable that a 50 year old regular cyclist is going
to live longer and be fitter and healthier than a 50 year old who
drives everywhere.

Ah, a "sedentary" "50 year old who drives everywhere", not actually
"turds in tin cans" as you first claimed.

Still turds in tin cans.

Of course the cyclist might die of a heart defect and the car driver
might live to be 105, but the chances are that it will be the other
way around.

Yes, maybe we should just put it on record that everyone lives longer
than everyone else, except when they don't.

Whatever advances there are in medical science, the mortality rate
remains at 100%.

:-)

Old September 21st 13, 04:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 20/09/2013 01:22, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 00:05:11 -0700, jnugent
wrote:

On 19/09/2013 10:10, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
news http://www.wigantoday.net/news/local...ists-1-6063552

Ha ha ha, good.

I wouldn't go as far as that.

OTOH:

QUOTE:
The first incident happened at 5.30am on September 5, when the
51-year-old victim was making his usual cycle trip to work.
As he cycled along a temporary footpath...
ENDQUOTE

What?

A temporary *what*?

All sympathy I had for him has suddenly evaporated.

All sorts of conjecture is now possible about the trap-layer's motivation.

QUOTE:
Around an hour later a 41-year-old man was cycling along the *same*
stretch...
ENDQUOTE

As I was saying...

“It’s only by sheer good luck that these innocent cyclist weren’t
seriously injured or even killed."

I am sure that Detective Constable Andrew Hill of Wigan CID is better
placed to decide if the victims were innocent or not than you.

Platitudes are not legal findings.

It is illegal to cycle on a footpath.
Old September 21st 13, 04:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 20/09/2013 05:36, brianrob1961 wrote:
On 20/09/2013 13:29, jnugent wrote:
On 20/09/2013 05:10, brianrob1961 wrote:

On 20/09/2013 13:05, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

Jesus Christ, not the coaches again.

Yes, coaches again. On another newsgroup you have been ranting about the
evils of coaches that exceed 70 mph on the flat, a feet...

A what?

that is not only
illegal but physically impossible without someone commiting a serious
criminal offence.

And no-one ever commits serious criminal offences, do they?

I think that fact that you suffer from such delusions
regarding road traffic is relevant to this group and I want you to
either provide evidence for your allegation or admit to this group that
you make your **** up as you go along and that the definition of a
speeding coach is ANY coach that has had the temerity to overtake you.

Anthropomorphism?

Yes, lots of people commit criminal offences. However, driving a coach
at over 70 mph would be like advertising the fact that you were about to
break into a house by knocking on the door to wake the owners and asking
them if they could help you load the stuff into the back of your car.

Except in the most exceptional of cases (maybe a small rogue company),
coaches simply do NOT exceed the speed limit set for them on the flat.
Since Mentalguy seemed to be suggesting that such behaviour is at
epidemic levels I would suggest that he is suffering from some kind of
delusion that makes him unsuitable to comment upon road matters of any
kind.

What is this "speed limit" peculiar to coaaches?

On the trunk roads and motorways heading for London from within the
commuter belt, it is far from uncommon to be tailgated by a coach.
Old September 21st 13, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

On 21/09/2013 04:47, jnugent wrote:
[...]

Then you must have been doing less than 100 kph.

Pavement cyclists again. Catrap UK 19 September 18th 13 03:35 PM
Pavement cyclists targeted again but not pavement motorists. Doug[_3_] UK 44 October 30th 09 07:31 AM
Pavement cyclists wafflycat UK 4 September 30th 05 10:15 PM
Cyclists on pavement Euan Australia 103 June 22nd 05 11:43 PM
Pavement cyclists Andy Leighton UK 45 June 14th 04 09:45 AM