"Pestered and annoyed by cyclists".

Old September 20th 13, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

Default "Pestered and annoyed by cyclists".

On 20/09/2013 16:16, TMS320 wrote:
"brianrob1961" wrote in message news:9e-

Let me put it another way: if there was no road race, would the people of
Surrey be annoyed with cyclists still?

Of course they would. Having to do the paperwork after squashing one is
must be very time consuming and stressful.

But they would have lots of time in a prison cell.
Old September 20th 13, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

"brianrob1961" wrote
On 20/09/2013 16:16, TMS320 wrote:
"brianrob1961" wrote in message news:9e-

Let me put it another way: if there was no road race, would the people
of
Surrey be annoyed with cyclists still?

Of course they would. Having to do the paperwork after squashing one is
must be very time consuming and stressful.

But they would have lots of time in a prison cell.

....jail after a traffic accident?

Old September 20th 13, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 19/09/2013 07:54, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 23:05:06 +0100, Tony Dragon
wrote:

On 18/09/2013 21:24, brianrob1961 wrote:
On 17/09/2013 14:41, Mr Pounder wrote:
wrote in message
On Tuesday, 17 September 2013 13:37:10 UTC+1, Mr Pounder wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24077383

The south is full of miserable whingeing gits.

People have the right not to be pestered and annoyed by a bunch of loud
mouthed freeloading ******s on bicycles.
Don't start me off about the great ******** of the south.

People have a right to ride their bikes without being pestered by a pack
of murdering *******s who can only drive because they are too fat to use
any other form of transport to visit brothels.

I must ask what brothel my neighbour is visiting when he loads his
wheelchair into his car.
I wonder if he gets a discount.

For a list of wheelchair accessible brothels -
http://www.tlc-trust.org.uk/services/page40.html

So none in Lewisham or Hull.
Old September 20th 13, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote in message
On Tuesday, 17 September 2013 13:37:10 UTC+1, Mr Pounder wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24077383

The south is full of miserable whingeing gits.

People have the right not to be pestered and annoyed by a bunch of loud
mouthed freeloading ******s on bicycles.
Don't start me off about the great ******** of the south.

People have a right to ride their bikes without being pestered by a pack
of murdering *******s who can only drive because they are too fat to use
any other form of transport to visit brothels.

I must ask what brothel my neighbour is visiting when he loads his
wheelchair into his car.
I wonder if he gets a discount.

For a list of wheelchair accessible brothels -
http://www.tlc-trust.org.uk/services/page40.html

So none in Lewisham or Hull.

The list I linked to is probably not globally complete.
Old September 21st 13, 04:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 20/09/2013 06:13, brianrob1961 wrote:

On 17/09/2013 13:37, Mr Pounder wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24077383

Just finally got round to reading the link and I was wondering if you
could answer me a simple question: where does the story say that people
are being pestered and annoyed by cyclists?

He

"This is all very well but residents of Surrey are pestered and annoyed
by cyclists, practising months in advance of the event, who ride the
route in very large numbers from very early in the morning shouting at
each other."

I guess you couldn't see that bit through the spittle on your screen.

For the benefit of any thick ****s who cannot master the use of
quotation marks in usenet: "...cyclists, practising months in advance of
the event..." would seem to suggest that these are sportsmen and women,
as far removed from the average cyclist as a F1 driver is from someone
driving to the shops on a Saturday afternoon.

Nowhere does the article suggest that cyclists, as a body of road users,
are causing annoyance to any of the residents of Surrey. The quote
relates to a sporting event, and in their position it would be ****ing
me off too.

You really do need to re-read the article - carefully.

You're just making yourself look silly.

No, I will let you do it for me. Where does the article say that
cyclists are annoying the people of Surrey other than in the context of
a road race?

Let me put it another way: if there was no road race, would the people
of Surrey be annoyed with cyclists still?

A. Did you not see this bit?

QUOTE:
"... residents of Surrey are pestered and annoyed by cyclists,
practising months in advance of the event, who ride the route in very
large numbers from very early in the morning shouting at each other."
ENDQUOTE

B. (And I accept that it might in fact not have been known to you), but
were you not aware that there has been this groundswell of opinion
growing up in Surrey since the Olympics?

Old September 21st 13, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

wrote in message
On Tuesday, 17 September 2013 13:37:10 UTC+1, Mr Pounder wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24077383

The south is full of miserable whingeing gits.

People have the right not to be pestered and annoyed by a bunch of loud
mouthed freeloading ******s on bicycles.
Don't start me off about the great ******** of the south.

People have a right to ride their bikes without being pestered by a pack
of murdering *******s who can only drive because they are too fat to use
any other form of transport to visit brothels.

I must ask what brothel my neighbour is visiting when he loads his
wheelchair into his car.
I wonder if he gets a discount.

For a list of wheelchair accessible brothels -
http://www.tlc-trust.org.uk/services/page40.html

What I want to know is are there any with cycle racks outside?
Old September 21st 13, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

On 20/09/2013 18:08, TMS320 wrote:
"brianrob1961" wrote
On 20/09/2013 16:16, TMS320 wrote:
"brianrob1961" wrote in message news:9e-

Let me put it another way: if there was no road race, would the people
of
Surrey be annoyed with cyclists still?

Of course they would. Having to do the paperwork after squashing one is
must be very time consuming and stressful.

But they would have lots of time in a prison cell.

...jail after a traffic accident?

If they have killed someone, I hope so.

Old September 21st 13, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

On 21/09/2013 04:12, jnugent wrote:
[...]

And I have already expressed my sympathy for the people of Surrey.
However, it remains a fact that it is a sporting event that is causing
the annoyance, not cycling.
Old September 21st 13, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 21/09/2013 04:39, brianrob1961 wrote:
[...]

It IS the "sporting" event, and such events should not happen on the
public roads of course, since the public roads are intended for public
use without let or hindrance.

But you are making a mistake in thinking that the problem arises only
during "sporting" events. It is clear that it is happening constantly
and that the miscreants are plain old cyclists who like to imagine
themselves as Olympians, much as we used to like to think we were
cowboys on the way home from Saturday cinema. Mind you, we were kids.

Old September 21st 13, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Roberts0n

On 21/09/2013 15:08, jnugent wrote:
[...]

I'll ignore the second part of your message. It is mostly crap.

There is an increasing and annoying tendency to close streets off for
'events'. Take the Gay Pride weekend in Manchester. 3 days where I would
have to pay £18 to walk down a public highway.