Nobody likes a grass...

Old September 18th 13, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

Default Nobody likes a grass...

"jnugent" wrote in message
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-24124187

Let's hope that someone manages to catch Dave Sherry doing something wrong
on his bike (or even while driving his London bus).

Is that bus even moving?

Rather ironic that Dave Snidey Sherry had to have taken his eyes off the
road ahead to capture this footage of a road user not paying attention.
Isn't that how accidents happen?

One can only imagine what kind of person he is, another Percy Wetmore (The
Green Mile)

Old September 19th 13, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 17:17:04 -0700, jnugent wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-24124187

Let's hope that someone manages to catch Dave Sherry doing something
wrong on his bike (or even while driving his London bus).

After all, cyclists and London bus drivers have no peers when it comes
to quantity of traffic offences per 100km travelled.

It looks like it is his hobby:

When 36 year old cyclist Dave Sherry was approaching the Waterworks Roundabout
in Woodford, London (A406) he noticed a flat-bed recovery truck swaying in the
lane ahead. As he cycled up next to him, Mr. Sherry, from Harlow, Essex, saw
that the driver was on the phone, which explained the unusual driving.
Old September 21st 13, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

On 18/09/2013 01:17, jnugent wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-24124187

Let's hope that someone manages to catch Dave Sherry doing something
wrong on his bike (or even while driving his London bus).

Everything that I have read seems to suggest that using a mobile phone
while you are driving is at least as dangerous as driving while under
the influence of alcohol. Are you saying that it is wrong to shop a
drunk driver?

After all, cyclists and London bus drivers have no peers when it comes
to quantity of traffic offences per 100km travelled.

Can we have your evidence to back up this absurd statement, please?

Old September 21st 13, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

On 19/09/2013 20:54, Judith wrote:
On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 17:17:04 -0700, jnugent wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-24124187

Let's hope that someone manages to catch Dave Sherry doing something
wrong on his bike (or even while driving his London bus).

After all, cyclists and London bus drivers have no peers when it comes
to quantity of traffic offences per 100km travelled.

It looks like it is his hobby:

When 36 year old cyclist Dave Sherry was approaching the Waterworks Roundabout
in Woodford, London (A406) he noticed a flat-bed recovery truck swaying in the
lane ahead. As he cycled up next to him, Mr. Sherry, from Harlow, Essex, saw
that the driver was on the phone, which explained the unusual driving.

Nice to have vigilantes like this on the road keeping us all safer. I
shall certainly be using my helmet camera in a similar way, to persecute
motorists for their bad driving and general law breaking.
Old September 21st 13, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

On 18/09/2013 08:24, jnugent wrote:
On 18/09/2013 00:19, Bertie Wooster wrote:

wrote:

After all, cyclists and London bus drivers have no peers when it comes
to quantity of traffic offences per 100km travelled.

Can you qualify that statement?

A link to the number of convictions per 100km by mode would suffice.

Why?

Are you unable to trust your own eyes?

I assume from your evasion of my request that you cannot back up your
statement. Is my assumption correct?

Your request is not relevant to my statement and neither would an answer
to it be probative.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. What a tit and what a cop out. You are almost as much
of a brain dead ****wit as the Mentalguy who sees coaches speeding
around at over 70 mph and then has to backtrack and start using words
like 'anecdotal'.

So let's get this right: despite the fact that their are millions more
cars than there are cyclists, despite the fact that government has to
run a vast machine just to police the behaviour of motorists, and
despite the fact that UK charity Road Peace (http://www.roadpeace.org)
estimates that as of this morning nearly 895 thousand people have been
killed on roads worldwide (a minute fraction of which might have been
caused by cyclists), you think - actually you fantasise - that cyclists
and London (why just London?) bus drivers commit more traffic offences
than car drivers! lol
Old September 21st 13, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Catrap

wrote:

[...]

Yet another off topic, insulting and foul languaged post from the moron who
wants to "take back the group "

Old September 21st 13, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

wrote:

[...]

Off topic?!?!?!? If road deaths and a post that mentions cyclists
several times is off topic to you then you really are beyond help lol
Old September 21st 13, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

On 21/09/2013 11:28, Catrap wrote:

"brianrob1961" wrote in message

On 18/09/2013 09:41, jnugent wrote:
On 18/09/2013 01:31, wrote:
On Wednesday, 18 September 2013 09:19:26 UTC+1, jnugent wrote:

When anyone makes a posting that's in conflict with your view of the
world, you demand documentary proof, yet proof by assertion is all
you offer. Funny, that.

Most cyclists (especially in London) scoff at the law and at the normal
conventions of normal human interaction. This is largely because they
cannot be traced.

Fact.

London bus-drivers do absolutely as they like, particularly with regard
to speed and to red traffic lights. This is largely because the
rules of
the road (and the discretion of TaL) is exercised in their favour, for
selfish reasons.

Fact.

Any assessment of this based on the number of convictions misses the
point by a couple of country miles.

HTH.

So I take it that we won't be getting any independent verification of
these "facts".

You can check them for yourself, any time, any day, at any traffic nodal
point in C London.

You really are away with the ****in' fairies, mate!

Yet another off topic, insulting and foul languaged post from the moron
who wants to "take the group back".

Off topic again am I? lol

Grass-roots effort: TdF to your local IMAX Veloise General 0 June 10th 06 12:30 AM
A2 Blackheath - road will be narrowed and a grass shared-use path put in John Hearns UK 34 March 17th 06 11:44 AM
who likes to bc? Butty Unicycling 4 September 19th 05 05:34 AM
Grass inner tube fix Greg Hall Techniques 13 November 16th 04 10:19 PM
P*ul Sm*th likes us? Patrick Herring UK 5 September 3rd 04 09:17 PM