New KH Hub, defective??

Old August 22nd 07, 05:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
puresyn

Default New KH Hub, defective??

Borgschulze wrote:
How do you know it isn't one of the cranks?

That was exactly my thought. Now I am very worried, because I want to
see if my hub and cranks are correctly lined up. I just bought my KH
less than a month ago, and might have the same problems.

BTW. Anyone knows what direction I should spin the allen key to take
off my KH Moments? Clock or Counter Clock? Thanks in advance.

Sean

--
puresyn

Billy thinks I am a wimp, so then it must be true!
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 05:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

puresyn wrote:
That was exactly my thought. Now I am very worried, because I want to
see if my hub and cranks are correctly lined up. I just bought my KH
less than a month ago, and might have the same problems.

BTW. Anyone knows what direction I should spin the allen key to take
off my KH Moments? Clock or Counter Clock? Thanks in advance.

Sean

Counter.

Lefty loose - righty tighty.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.otherworldsociety.org/projectuni) - *The First
Serious Unicycle Computer Game* - -Simple multiplayer muni concept demo
soon.-*
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 05:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
puresyn

It's very hard to gauge when the hub is already built into a wheel. My
cranks are jammed in there very tight also. I am going to need crank
pullers for this.

Do you guys think that two levels (one on each crank) will show if my
hub/cranks are off? If so, I am going to home depot tomorrow. Or do I
have to break it down to see?

Sorry for the thread jack.

Old August 22nd 07, 06:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hugh

A friend got a KH24 within the last month and he has the same problem.
He tried a different set of cranks and had the same offset. Looks like
it is the hub in his case and I would guess yours as well. He got his
from a bicycle dealer but not sure which one.

--
Hugh

--
Hugh
MUC Member
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 08:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fist

puresyn wrote:
It's very hard to gauge when the hub is already built into a wheel. My
cranks are jammed in there very tight also. I am going to need crank
pullers for this.

Do you guys think that two levels (one on each crank) will show if my
hub/cranks are off? If so, I am going to home depot tomorrow. Or do I
have to break it down to see?

Sorry for the thread jack.

The levels would only work if the surfaces of the crank arms were flat.
but if they're curved a little bit so it'd be impossible to tell.

--
fist
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 09:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
DustinSchaap

Is there any more news from KHU or a unicycle dealer yet?

--
DustinSchaap

Dutch unicyclist community: 'Eenwiel.nl' (http://eenwiel.nl)
'Municycle.com' (http://www.einradladen.net/shop/index.php/language/en)

'Qu-Ax unicycles' (http://qu-ax.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 11:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicorn

Make sure that you assembled them on the correct spline.

Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 11:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Unicorn wrote:
Make sure that you assembled them on the correct spline.

Unicorn

I think thats been tried

--
thejdw

kington99 wrote:
A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage

http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 11:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

Unicorn wrote:
Make sure that you assembled them on the correct spline.

Unicorn

For a 10 spline system, it would have to be way more angled to be on
the wrong spline.

These aren't Profiles.

--
Borgschulze

http://borgschulze.deviantart.com/
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 22nd 07, 03:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brycer1968

Thanks for all the ideas on this. I took someones advice in this thread
and e-mailed Kris Holm about this problem and attached the photos.
His reply:

"Bryce, Thanks for the note; sorry to hear that you had this problem.
Iagree- it looks like the the splines were machined slightly out
ofalignment. That is the first time I've seen that problem. Please
return this hub to Darren for replacement. Kris"

So it looks like problem solved and hopefully this was just a bad unit,
not one of a bad batch. . . . tho I think I'll ask Darren to check the
new hub before he sends it to me.

Brycer1968

--
brycer1968