Routemasters (again)

Old August 6th 13, 06:59 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Ian Dalziel

Default Routemasters (again)

On Sat, 3 Aug 2013 10:40:48 -0400, "Truebrit"
wrote:

"Truebrit" wrote:
Going from green to amber I would tend to agree with you but when the
lights
are in the opposite sequence and are going from green to amber

Judith" wrote:
Oh dear : not bright.

Truebrit" wrote:
Indeed. :-)
Proof reading never was one of my fortes. Of course the second line should
read from amber to green. I did correct it in a later post.
Truebrit.

"Ian Dalziel" wrote
They never go from amber to green.

OK Mr. Picky. From red and amber to green. Happy now? Pedantic prick.
Truebrit.

Do you notice the tiny nit-picky difference, then? That there's
another light showing along with the amber? Do you think that light
has any significance?

--

Ian D
Old August 7th 13, 07:38 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Ian Dalziel

On Wed, 7 Aug 2013 22:35:22 -0400, "Truebrit"
wrote:

"Truebrit" wrote:
Going from green to amber I would tend to agree with you but when the
lights
are in the opposite sequence and are going from green to amber

Judith" wrote:
Oh dear : not bright.

"Ian Dalziel" wrote:
Do you notice the tiny nit-picky difference, then? That there's
another light showing along with the amber? Do you think that light
has any significance?

Don't you ****ing start!

Well done! That's exactly what it means.

--

Ian D
Old August 7th 13, 09:14 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
GordonD

wrote:

"Truebrit" wrote:
Going from green to amber I would tend to agree with you but when
the
lights
are in the opposite sequence and are going from green to amber

Judith" wrote:
Oh dear : not bright.

"Ian Dalziel" wrote:
Do you notice the tiny nit-picky difference, then? That there's
another light showing along with the amber? Do you think that light
has any significance?

Don't you ****ing start!

Well done! That's exactly what it means.

applause
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

"Slipped the surly bonds of Earth...to touch the face of God."

Old August 7th 13, 11:28 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 11:56:24 +0100, Judith wrote:

On Tue, 6 Aug 2013 09:06:42 +0000 (UTC), Peter Keller

wrote:

On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 10:08:39 +0100, Bertie Wooster wrote:

On Mon, 5 Aug 2013 08:40:55 +0000 (UTC), Peter Keller
wrote:

On Sun, 04 Aug 2013 12:29:40 +0100, Bertie Wooster wrote:

On Sun, 4 Aug 2013 09:53:01 +0000 (UTC), Peter Keller
wrote:

On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 20:12:46 +0100, Judith wrote:

sunshine

Why do people insult others?

Was that an insult!?

What else can it be?

A feeble attempt at being funny?

true.
Or an attempt to "score points" and make itself out to be somehow better
than us.

When you say "us": do you mean the group known as "****wits"?

Thank you very much kind lady for your great accolade!
Now I am working towards the greater honour, bestowed by you, of living
emptiness, meaningless void, sour and senile, a disease, and a puerile
one-handed slack-jawed drooling meat slapper?
Oh please!!!!
Old August 7th 13, 09:37 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 8 Aug 2013 07:15:15 -0400, "Truebrit" wrote:

snip

;-)
Truebrit.

Your calendar is out.

Old August 8th 13, 03:35 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Truebrit

"Truebrit" wrote:
Going from green to amber I would tend to agree with you but when the
lights
are in the opposite sequence and are going from green to amber

Judith" wrote:
Oh dear : not bright.

Old August 8th 13, 05:50 AM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Truebrit

On Thu, 8 Aug 2013 07:15:15 -0400, "Truebrit"
wrote:

snip

;-)
Truebrit.

"Judith" wrote:
Your calendar is out.

Thank you.
Truebrit.

Old August 8th 13, 12:15 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Truebrit

"Truebrit" wrote:
Going from green to amber I would tend to agree with you but when
the
lights
are in the opposite sequence and are going from green to amber

Judith" wrote:
Oh dear : not bright.

"Truebrit" wrote:
Don't you ****ing start!

Old August 12th 13, 12:45 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Scion[_2_]

JNugent put finger to keyboard:

On 05/08/2013 22:27, Phil W Lee wrote:

snip

And it gives no difference between the act of going straight on,
turning left, and turning right.
All a green light gives is a suspension of the prohibition on passing
the stop line. Nothing more.

Rubbish. There are all sorts of traffic light junctions, some of which
allow turning traffic priority over oncoming traffic.

You were just wrong (very wrong), that's all.

On this point Phil is right. The traffic light *only* tells you that you
may proceed past the line. Even if you've got, say, a green right-turn
filter arrow, you don't have priority over oncoming traffic, which *may*
have crossed their line on green - think slow cyclists, invalid scooters
and so on.
Old August 12th 13, 04:23 PM posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
jnugent

On 12/08/2013 12:45, Scion wrote:
JNugent put finger to keyboard:

On 05/08/2013 22:27, Phil W Lee wrote:

snip

And it gives no difference between the act of going straight on,
turning left, and turning right.
All a green light gives is a suspension of the prohibition on passing
the stop line. Nothing more.

Rubbish. There are all sorts of traffic light junctions, some of which
allow turning traffic priority over oncoming traffic.

You were just wrong (very wrong), that's all.

On this point Phil is right.

He is wrong if the "thinks" that the green light instructs you to give
way to anyone who has a red light (and that's actually at the murky
bottom of what he's trying to claim).

The traffic light *only* tells you that you may proceed past the line.

That's all it *needs* to tell you, because when it was red it was only
telling you that you may *not* proceed past the same line (complicated
junctions with idiosyncrasies of layout, etc, excepted of course).

Once you're past the line on a green light, the normal rules of the
road, which apply everywhere, all the time, apply again.

No problem.

Even if you've got, say, a green right-turn
filter arrow, you don't have priority over oncoming traffic, which *may*
have crossed their line on green - think slow cyclists, invalid scooters
and so on.

Aren't you clever?

Which bit of "the normal rules of the road apply" is too difficult?