Thrown over the handlebars and saved by her helmet

Old September 21st 13, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Thrown over the handlebars and saved by her helmet

Jenni Stewart was travelling at about 26mph when she was thrown over the
handlebars of her bike
"I don't know how the accident happened. I was nearly home after a
25-mile ride with my partner when I realised I was going one way and my
bike another. I remember thinking this is going to hurt and it did. I
landed on my head – I really think I would still be in hospital if I
hadn't had a helmet on."

Dangerous things these bicycles.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...#axzz2fW6Mlest

Old September 21st 13, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Catrap

"brianrob1961" wrote in message

On 21/09/2013 10:15, Mrcheerful wrote:
Jenni Stewart was travelling at about 26mph when she was thrown over the
handlebars of her bike
"I don't know how the accident happened. I was nearly home after a
25-mile ride with my partner when I realised I was going one way and my
bike another. I remember thinking this is going to hurt and it did. I
landed on my head – I really think I would still be in hospital if I
hadn't had a helmet on."

Dangerous things these bicycles.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...#axzz2fW6Mlest

And your point is?

That these bicycles are dangerous things.

Old September 22nd 13, 02:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 21/09/2013 05:15, Mrcheerful wrote:

Jenni Stewart was travelling at about 26mph

That's far too imprecise.

Why not 26.09mph?

Or 35.93mph?

Old September 22nd 13, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 22/09/2013 02:52, jnugent wrote:
On 21/09/2013 05:15, Mrcheerful wrote:

Jenni Stewart was travelling at about 26mph

That's far too imprecise.

Why not 26.09mph?

Or 35.93mph?

perhaps her strava app showed the speed on the replay? (and only goes to
whole numbers)
Old September 22nd 13, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Saturday, 21 September 2013 10:15:45 UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
Jenni Stewart was travelling at about 26mph when she was thrown over the

handlebars of her bike

"I don't know how the accident happened. I was nearly home after a

25-mile ride with my partner when I realised I was going one way and my

bike another. I remember thinking this is going to hurt and it did. I

landed on my head – I really think I would still be in hospital if I

hadn't had a helmet on."

Dangerous things these bicycles.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.u...#axzz2fW6Mlest

good job she was wearing all that body padding, she'd have been 6 foot under without it. ;-)

Saved by his helmet, over the handlebars? Who writes these lies? Mrcheerful[_3_] UK 7 March 26th 13 01:11 PM
Thrown over the handlebars by a cat !! Mrcheerful[_3_] UK 13 May 27th 12 11:28 AM
Saved by a helmet Mr. Benn UK 229 June 8th 09 02:01 PM
Helmet saved me Keyser Sose UK 56 October 3rd 06 09:12 AM
helmet saved me Ian Smith UK 30 November 30th 03 12:58 AM