Dump the pump - yet another victory

Old August 24th 15, 01:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default Dump the pump - yet another victory

Same challenge - same result.

http://savannahga.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=806
Old August 24th 15, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lang

Default Dump the pump - yet another fixed trial - and the village idiotfell for it.

On 24/08/2015 13:49, Alycidon wrote:
Same challenge - same result.

http://savannahga.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=806

Lets have a look at what really happened;

"Savannah Bicycle Campaign member Jen Colestock pedaled across the City
Hall finish line at 8:18 a.m., 22 minutes after departing the 12 Oaks
Shopping Center south of DeRenne Avenue."

We can safely assume it was during the rush hour and a short inner city
journey. The Savannah Bicycle Campaign member obviously chose the route
and time deliberately to fix the result.

!She was followed 2 minutes later by Parrish Herron of the Savannah
Mobility and Parking Services Department. Herron drove his fire engine
red Dodge Charger RT. "

Despite the rigged conditions the push bike only beat the car by two
minutes, or 9%. However - see below.

"Thirty seconds later, Chatham Area Transit Analyst Enoch Dumas crossed
the line after riding comfortably in the Abercorn 14 bus to downtown."

Despite the rigged conditions the push bike only beat the bus by two and
a half minutes, or 11%. However - see below.

"The competitors had to follow all traffic laws and take the most direct
route available."

Seems fair so far, but.....

"The bus rider got off at the nearest bus stop to City Hall,"

And had to walk the rest of the way. We don't know how far that was.

"while the car competitor drove down Abercorn and Drayton streets, then
parked at the Whitaker Street Garage and walked the block to the City
Hall finish line."

So the drivers time included parking the car and walking a block to the
finish.

"The cyclist, meanwhile, could ride directly to the finish line, where a
City bike rack is located."

So it was clearly, just like all the other trials, heavily rigged in the
cyclists favour.

And Mason is so dim he didn't realise. How thick can you get?

Old August 25th 15, 03:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

"The cyclist, meanwhile, could ride directly to the finish line, where a
City bike rack is located."

I mentioned that advantage just a couple weeks ago here.

At big box stores I cycle right up to the flag pole, tree, sign post or bike rack next to the entrance, lock the bike and I'm cycling home with my staple good, i.e., milk, flour, pasta, beer, chicken gizzards, wilted greens, moldy bread, etc., before a motorist can even make it across the huge parking lot.

I'm working on getting them to allow cycling into the store and down the aisles to save even more time -- "zero stop shopping."

One problem with cycling into some banks is the trap doors need to open faster.

Old August 25th 15, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Tuesday, 25 August 2015 03:15:26 UTC+1, Bret Cahill wrote:
"The cyclist, meanwhile, could ride directly to the finish line, where a
City bike rack is located."

I mentioned that advantage just a couple weeks ago here.

At big box stores I cycle right up to the flag pole, tree, sign post or bike rack next to the entrance, lock the bike and I'm cycling home with my staple good, i.e., milk, flour, pasta, beer, chicken gizzards, wilted greens, moldy bread, etc., before a motorist can even make it across the huge parking lot.

I'm working on getting them to allow cycling into the store and down the aisles to save even more time -- "zero stop shopping."

One problem with cycling into some banks is the trap doors need to open faster.

I have cycled to some shops and taken my bike inside - the ones that object, I refuse to patronise anymore and use friendlier ones instead.

Old August 25th 15, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Tuesday, 25 August 2015 08:30:52 UTC+1, Tarcap wrote:
"Alycidon" wrote in message

[...]

It's called voting with your feet - they allow disablity scooters, prams, pushchairs and baby buggies in.

Old August 25th 15, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Alycidon" wrote in message

[...]

Listen, If anyone was stupid enough to allow you to bring a bike into their
shop, it would only mean it was because they thought you were an escaped
lunatic and were worried about you bringing out a claw hammer or large knife
before the police arrived.

Normal people would most definitely avoid any shop that allowed people to
bring their bikes inside.

That's why I'm calling bull**** on this story.

When I first read it I chuckled to myself, and thought how on earth are the
psycholists going to be able to defend him on this one? (with the exception
of Bod, of course, whose idolatry of Mason is almost of a sexual nature).

Simon Mason - always superb value for very little money!

Old August 25th 15, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Scion[_2_]

Alycidon put finger to keyboard:

[...]

Saves them banning you, I suppose :-)
Old August 25th 15, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

"Alycidon" wrote in message

[...]

I used to cycle to WH Smith on my way home to buy a few magazines every month and the woman on the till let me park my bike just inside the door as there were no stands outside.

One day, some young trainee herbert asked me to take it out, so I put my items back on the shelves and never went back in again.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ng/kugFt9Be7X8[1-25]

Old August 25th 15, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Alycidon" wrote in message

[...]

I bet they were well relieved.

Prevent chain dump? Winston Techniques 9 August 15th 08 09:41 PM
WOW, I found a unicycle at the dump pdc Unicycling 62 June 12th 06 05:39 PM
WOW, I found a unicycle at the dump pdc Unicycling 0 June 9th 06 05:25 PM
Should I dump the hybrid? Ken C. M. General 27 April 22nd 06 08:39 PM
I went to the dump.. David Martin UK 11 September 4th 05 09:17 PM