Spot the difference...

Old August 29th 13, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

Default Spot the difference...

a) A cyclist is riding down the road and is texting his girlfriend. He
gets involved in an accident.

b) A lorry driver is driving down the M62 and texting his girlfriend. He
gets involved in an accident.

Can anyone spot the difference between these two situations? I'll give
the killer motorists some assistance:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ampai gn=1490
Old August 29th 13, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Thursday, August 29, 2013 3:11:50 PM UTC+1, brianrob1961 wrote:
a) A cyclist is riding down the road and is texting his girlfriend. He

gets involved in an accident.

b) A lorry driver is driving down the M62 and texting his girlfriend. He

gets involved in an accident.

Can anyone spot the difference between these two situations? I'll give

the killer motorists some assistance:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ampai gn=1490

5 years wasn't enough but there is still some Daily Wail crap in the reporting.
They seem to think that receiving a text while driving is illegal which is ********. The crime is in reading them.
Old August 29th 13, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

On 29/08/2013 17:19, wrote:
On Thursday, August 29, 2013 3:11:50 PM UTC+1, brianrob1961 wrote:
a) A cyclist is riding down the road and is texting his girlfriend. He

gets involved in an accident.

b) A lorry driver is driving down the M62 and texting his girlfriend. He

gets involved in an accident.

Can anyone spot the difference between these two situations? I'll give

the killer motorists some assistance:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ampai gn=1490

5 years wasn't enough but there is still some Daily Wail crap in the reporting.
They seem to think that receiving a text while driving is illegal which is ********. The crime is in reading them.

Yes, the DM does tend to make it up again as they go along. It is
therefore a very suitable rag for the average petrol head to read ;-)

PS Yes, it should have been at least 10 years and a similar ban.
Old August 29th 13, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 29/08/2013 15:11, brianrob1961 wrote:

a) A cyclist is riding down the road and is texting his girlfriend. He
gets involved in an accident.

b) A lorry driver is driving down the M62 and texting his girlfriend. He
gets involved in an accident.

Can anyone spot the difference between these two situations?

The people who are injured or whose property is damaged by the cyclist
have to whistle for compensation because he either cannot be traced or,
in any event, has no insurance?
Old August 29th 13, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

On 29/08/2013 17:51, JNugent wrote:
On 29/08/2013 15:11, brianrob1961 wrote:

a) A cyclist is riding down the road and is texting his girlfriend. He
gets involved in an accident.

b) A lorry driver is driving down the M62 and texting his girlfriend. He
gets involved in an accident.

Can anyone spot the difference between these two situations?

The people who are injured or whose property is damaged by the cyclist
have to whistle for compensation because he either cannot be traced or,
in any event, has no insurance?

I thought that even a ****tard like you might place life above property,
but seemingly not. The ultimate sin is, it seems, to damage your
gleaming tin prison.
Old August 29th 13, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

"brianrob1961" wrote in message

On 29/08/2013 17:51, JNugent wrote:
On 29/08/2013 15:11, brianrob1961 wrote:

a) A cyclist is riding down the road and is texting his girlfriend. He
gets involved in an accident.

b) A lorry driver is driving down the M62 and texting his girlfriend. He
gets involved in an accident.

Can anyone spot the difference between these two situations?

The people who are injured or whose property is damaged by the cyclist
have to whistle for compensation because he either cannot be traced or,
in any event, has no insurance?

I thought that even a ****tard like you might place life above property,
but seemingly not. The ultimate sin is, it seems, to damage your
gleaming tin prison.

You are Doug and I claim my five pounds.

Old August 29th 13, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

On 29/08/2013 18:22, Partac wrote:

"brianrob1961" wrote in message

On 29/08/2013 17:51, JNugent wrote:
On 29/08/2013 15:11, brianrob1961 wrote:

a) A cyclist is riding down the road and is texting his girlfriend. He
gets involved in an accident.

b) A lorry driver is driving down the M62 and texting his girlfriend. He
gets involved in an accident.

Can anyone spot the difference between these two situations?

The people who are injured or whose property is damaged by the cyclist
have to whistle for compensation because he either cannot be traced or,
in any event, has no insurance?

I thought that even a ****tard like you might place life above property,
but seemingly not. The ultimate sin is, it seems, to damage your
gleaming tin prison.

You are Doug and I claim my five pounds.

Would Doug have the intelligence to create a new persona? I thought he
was an ageing record, with the needle stuck in the same groove going
over and over and....
Old August 29th 13, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

[...]

Exactly! All the boxes ticked there, then.

Old August 29th 13, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

On 29/08/2013 18:27, Partac wrote:

[...]

Oh good grief, engaging in intellectual battle with you is the
proverbial being savaged by a sheep!

So you think I am Doug under a new persona, yet you agree that Doug does
not have the wherewithal to create a new persona? Have you thought of
reading what what you written before pressing send?
Old August 29th 13, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

[...]

Do you think it takes a lot of intelligence to change your persona, then?
I'm afraid that says rather a lot about your intellect, or lack of it.
Perhaps you should stick to colouring books rather that venturing into
computers.