Trek BB90

Old August 8th 20, 10:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

Default Trek BB90

When I got my Trek Madone if became rapidly clear why it was so cheap. The bearings in the BB90 were rather loose. Now there are several methods of fixing this - one is to use a strong locktite-type compound which locked the bearings in place and one if the Trek way which is to put an oversize bearing in place of the stock bearing.

With normal caution as an Engineer I chose the least damaging method first. I followed the directions on the locktite and glued the "just fits" bearing into place. Well, climbing one of the local hills last Tuesday the BB90 began to "click" in the same place every revolution of the drive side pedal. This means th