A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Police hunt Land Rover driver after Somerset cyclist pushed from his bike

Old August 12th 20, 03:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]
external usenet poster

Default Police hunt Land Rover driver after Somerset cyclist pushed from his bike

QUOTE:
Police in Somerset are appealing for information after a cyclist was injured when he was pushed over by a Land Rover driver following a collision.

The incident happened on a narrow country lane between Charterhouse and Mendip Raceway between noon and 12.30pm on Sunday 2 August.

The male cyclist, aged in his 50s, sustained minor injuries but did not require hospital treatment.

Avon & Somerset Police say that the vehicle involved was a silver or grey Land Rover Discovery.

The driver is described as a man in his 60s, with white or grey hair. He was wearing a short-sleeved checked shirt.

Police believe that there were a number of other vehicles in the area at the time and other drivers may have seen what happened, or have dashcam footage.

Anyone who is able to help is asked to call police on 101 quoting reference number 5220173426.

Alternatively, information can be given anonymously to the charity, Crimestoppers, on 0800 555 111.

https://road.cc/content/news/land-ro...is-bike-276397
Ads
Old August 12th 20, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]
external usenet poster

Default Police hunt Land Rover driver after Somerset cyclist pushed from his bike

On 12/08/2020 15:05, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
Police in Somerset are appealing for information after a cyclist was injured when he was pushed over by a Land Rover driver following a collision.

The incident happened on a narrow country lane between Charterhouse and Mendip Raceway between noon and 12.30pm on Sunday 2 August.

The male cyclist, aged in his 50s, sustained minor injuries but did not require hospital treatment.

Avon & Somerset Police say that the vehicle involved was a silver or grey Land Rover Discovery.

The driver is described as a man in his 60s, with white or grey hair. He was wearing a short-sleeved checked shirt.

Police believe that there were a number of other vehicles in the area at the time and other drivers may have seen what happened, or have dashcam footage.

Anyone who is able to help is asked to call police on 101 quoting reference number 5220173426.

Alternatively, information can be given anonymously to the charity, Crimestoppers, on 0800 555 111.

https://road.cc/content/news/land-ro...is-bike-276397

Was it a RHD Land rover?

Assuming it was, perhaps the cyclist was not leaving a 1.5m clearance
when overtaking. Either that or the vehicle's driver has arms more than
1.5m long.
Old August 12th 20, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]
external usenet poster

Default Police hunt Land Rover driver after Somerset cyclist pushed fromhis bike

On Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at 3:05:38 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:

Here is the road in question. The driver should have pulled over and let the cyclist past, like I always do.

https://i2-prod.somersetlive.co.uk/i...dip-narrow.jpg
Old August 12th 20, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]
external usenet poster

On 12/08/2020 15:30, Simon Mason wrote:

QUOTE:

Here is the road in question. The driver should have pulled over and let the cyclist past, like I always do.

https://i2-prod.somersetlive.co.uk/i...dip-narrow.jpg

So a cyclist was passing a motor vehicle without the - allegedly -
legally-required 1.5m clearance (otherwise he couldn't have been reached).

Obviously, the driver of the Land Rover was merely "signalling for more
space".

Old August 12th 20, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_3_]
external usenet poster

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 14:58:25 GMT, JNugent
wrote:

On 12/08/2020 15:30, Simon Mason wrote:

QUOTE:
Police in Somerset are appealing for information after a cyclist was
injured when he was pushed over by a Land Rover driver following a
collision.

The incident happened on a narrow country lane between Charterhouse
and Mendip Raceway between noon and 12.30pm on Sunday 2 August.

Here is the road in question. The driver should have pulled over and
let the cyclist past, like I always do.

https://i2-prod.somersetlive.co.uk/i...71.ece/ALTERNA
TES/s810/0_mendip-narrow.jpg

So a cyclist was passing a motor vehicle without the - allegedly -
legally-required 1.5m clearance (otherwise he couldn't have been
reached).

Obviously, the driver of the Land Rover was merely "signalling for
more space".

I'm out of here; it's just Nugent with his anti-cyclist (laws are all
that matter ) v. Mason (CnP from road.cc). Have fun fighting to the
finish!