Regenerative braking

Old December 23rd 09, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_2_]

Default Regenerative braking

Ace wrote:
On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 21:58:40 +0000, Marc
wrote:

Ace wrote:
On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 20:05:03 +0000, thirty-six
wrote:

On 23 Dec, 12:44, The Luggage wrote:
I note you have snipped the part of my post challenging you to name a
suitable piece of road for doing 60+ mph...

TL
Why, do you somehow think it extraordinarily difficult to reach 60mph
when pedalling downhill? The multi-geared bicycle has been with us
a number of years now and ever since the advent of the freewheel it
has been unecessary to put your legs over the bars. This permits the
rider to get his shoulders low, reducing air drag and still being able
to pedal a multi-geared machine. The road surface has also improved
much in the last 130 years.
I do _so_ wish I could x-post this to ukrm, where it'd be ridiculed to
the full extent of the lore. Oh well, just keep posting, it's helping
make a very amusing xmas period :-)

Like this you mean?

No. Sadly, x-posts aren't propogated to the moderated ng.

I know, but at least you can still take the **** out of 33+1/3 trying to
pretend that he and "groups" exceed 65MPH on a bicycle by mentioning it
here and Xposting to URC, because he reads that as well and in "here"
and "there" there isn't any teacher to stop you saying that he's a
bull****ting ****. Of course the judith thing might join in, but I don't
get to read that rubbish and I'm sure that TOG and Nige etc would
appreciate some fresh meat?

There again the thread could just trickle away and die...
Old December 24th 09, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
'Hog

Marc wrote:

I know, but at least you can still take the **** out of 33+1/3 trying
to pretend that he and "groups" exceed 65MPH on a bicycle by
mentioning it here and Xposting to URC, because he reads that as well
and in "here" and "there" there isn't any teacher to stop you saying
that he's a bull****ting ****. Of course the judith thing might join
in, but I don't get to read that rubbish and I'm sure that TOG and
Nige etc would appreciate some fresh meat?

There again the thread could just trickle away and die...

I'm confused. Are you suggesting you can't cycle at 65per downhill?

--
'Hog

Old December 24th 09, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
Ace[_3_]

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 11:16:01 -0000, "'Hog"
wrote:

Marc wrote:

I know, but at least you can still take the **** out of 33+1/3 trying
to pretend that he and "groups" exceed 65MPH on a bicycle by
mentioning it here and Xposting to URC,

Aaah. I've given up on that one now, since the moderated group seems
to be working well enough.

because he reads that as well
and in "here" and "there" there isn't any teacher to stop you saying
that he's a bull****ting ****. Of course the judith thing might join
in, but I don't get to read that rubbish and I'm sure that TOG and
Nige etc would appreciate some fresh meat?

There again the thread could just trickle away and die...

I'm confused. Are you suggesting you can't cycle at 65per downhill?

The argument was not whether it's possible, but said poster insisted
a) that the 200 Hz pedalling required was perfectly sustainable by
any reasonably fit touring cyclist, b) that he had regularly done so
when younger and c) that there were loads of roads in the UK where
this could be sustained for least two minutes or more.

All of which have been shown to be complete nonsense. But he will
persist.

Old December 24th 09, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,uk.rec.cycling
'Hog

wrote:

Marc wrote:

[...]

200 pedal revs per min? over 3 per sec, That sounds somewhat challenging.

I've clocked those nutters on the Tour of Britain at 60ish for periods
though.

--
'Hog