Bicycle Race Crash

Old August 8th 20, 10:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Bicycle Race Crash

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 4:43:26 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 6:23:02 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 10:56:43 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 12:40:12 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 8:34:20 PM UTC+2, AMuzi wrote:
itai!

https://nypost.com/2020/08/06/crimin...rifying-crash/

'race crash' is bad but this story includes 'induced coma'
and 'facial surgery'.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Lou
That is racing. If it wasn't dangerous it wouldn't be such a popular sport.

I don't don't even see why cycle racing has to be a contact sport, never mind a blood sport.

Cycle racing has been made a blood sport by incompetent management.

Andre Jute
Survivor of quite a few blood sports

I have to disagree with you there. Are you suggesting that management enforce social distancing?

No, my objection to the bunched-up shoving and pushing peloton goes back well before COVID-19. It's a situation that has evolved that the UCI should have seen coming. It was entirely predictable for years now that someone would be seriously hurt or killed. Who does one blame if not the UCI and the organisers of the race?

Andre Jute
The purity of the sport has been seriously undermined
Old August 8th 20, 10:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 2:34:41 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

This is NOT something that is recent. The peloton being in a group has been that way since the start of the Tour in 1903 https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...&vt=0&sim =11

There is absolutely NO WAY to put a competition together without everyone trying to take the best line through ever corner.