Alternatives to the old "Flick-Stand" kickstand

Old August 11th 20, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Alternatives to the old "Flick-Stand" kickstand

On Sunday, August 13, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Cliff Stockdill wrote:
You may want to try a short length of velcro strap (hooks and loops on same
length), and
use it like the bungee you mentioned. It's a little lighter, doesn't stretch
like a bungee, and
can be tightly wrapped around the downtube when not in use. One advantage
over the
Flickstand is that it works with fenders too.

cliff

Me! wrote in message
I just bought a new Cannondale aluminum frame bike and went looking for a

device
called a Flick-Stand which I had on my previous bike.

For those that haven't seen one a Flick-Stand is a small lever that mounts

on
the frame down tube and which folds out to engage and lock the front tire.

It
keeps the tire from rolling and the steering head from turning. This

allows you
to just lean your bike up against anything without it falling over. It

even
works on a hill!

When I called Rhode-Gear who made this nifty gadget I was informed that

they no
longer made it. I guess there weren't enough sales and the fact that front

tubes
are now multiple sizes led them to discontinue it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish the same thing that

the
Flick-Stand did so easily? About the only thing I can think of is to wrap

short bungee cord around the wheel and down tube which is not a really

elegant
solution.

Thanks for any words of wisdom

Steve

We are introducing a product called Flipstand. It works like Flickstand only better. I will be launching it on Kickstarter this month. It is lighter, fits most bikes, attaches without tools, and will be available soon.