"Mountain biking is no more damaging than other forms of recreation, including hiking."

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 9th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike

Default "Mountain biking is no more damaging than other forms of recreation, including hiking."

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 13:53:16 -0700, SMS
wrote:

Beach Runner wrote:
Let's deal with priorities.

1: Stop sales and logging of our National Forests.
2: Stop roads.
3: Stop motorized vehicles.
4: Protect wildlife.
5: Prevent polutants and runoff.

That fighting was started by mountain bikers, who insist on riding

where they don't belong. Tell the truth.

Well, than stop the fighting, there are remendous dangers we all must
unit
against.

1: Selling our national forests for the profit of a select few.
2: Logging and the destruction of habitat, and the loss of the forest.
his also increases runoff and erosion.
3: Oil drilling and mining in our forests.
4: Ending motorized vehicles in the parks.

These are critical issues, once lost, cause long term or permanent
devastation.

Let's face it, most people do nothing but use a remote control.
All the human powered activities, use a biki, hike,
run or jog, cross country ski,
and other human powered activities are all healthy and wonderful.

We are witnessing the largest mass extinction in history,
mostly from the loss of habitat.
Similarly, trees are a carbon sink, preventing global warming
and of course, maintaining soil integrity.

We face a real danger. The enemy is real, powerful, and rich.
Politicians are in the pocket of developers,
industrialists, oil companies and the like, and few care about the
ramifications of their short term profits. The less united, activite,
and motivated we are, the more
everyone will lose. And it won't be just us, it will be
everyone, wildlife, the environment,
and our children and our children's children.