Rhyl CC Wreath fund: total and disposition

Old January 18th 06, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Rhyl CC Wreath fund: total and disposition

Right, you can no longer contribute to the fund; it is closed, and the
name of the account has been changed so if you try to, PayPal will tell
you that it doesn't exist.

We raised a total of £447.35; we had 53 donations amounting to £472.20,
and PayPal deducted £24.85 in charges. I have issued four cheques of
£112.00 each as follows:

In memory of Charity Status
Thomas Harland CLIC (awaiting address)
Dave Horrocks Rhyl CC (despatched)
Maurice Broadbent Dave Rayner Fund (awaiting address)
Wayne Wilkes Shelter Cymru (despatched)

I've emailed CLIC and the Dave Rayner Fund to ask for postal addresses
(and I see Dave Rayner Fund have just replied).

I've written to the secretary of Rhyl CC as follows:

Dear Scott Eccles

I'm sorry to burden you with things at this time. I have collected
donations on behalf of the Usenet group uk.rec.cycling, originally
intended for a wreaths for your members who died earlier this month.
However, having seen from your website that donations to charities were
preferred, I have made donations as follows:

In memory of Charity Amount
Thomas Harland CLIC £112.00
Dave Horrocks Rhyl CC £112.00
Maurice Broadbent Dave Rayner Fund £112.00
Wayne Wilkes Shelter Cymru £112.00
To complete this I enclose with this letter a cheque for £112.00 made out
to Rhyl Cycling Club in memory of Dave Horrocks. I also enclose cards
for the families of those who died, which I should be grateful if you
could pass on.

With best wishes to all members of your club

"The result is a language that... not even its mother could
love. Like the camel, Common Lisp is a horse designed by
committee. Camels do have their uses."
;; Scott Fahlman, 7 March 1995

Old January 18th 06, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"it has been said many times many ways......"

Well done Simon and tks from us all

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,

Old January 18th 06, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

thank you Simon
Old January 18th 06, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Pinky wrote:
"it has been said many times many ways......"

Well done Simon and tks from us all

Seconded.

Many thanks indeed for handling this on our behalf.

...d

Old January 18th 06, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Simon Brooke wrote:

Right, you can no longer contribute to the fund; it is closed, and the
name of the account has been changed so if you try to, PayPal will tell
you that it doesn't exist.

Thanks for organising this Simon.
Old January 18th 06, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

In article , Simon
Brooke wrote:
Right, you can no longer contribute to the fund; it is closed, and
the name of the account has been changed so if you try to, PayPal
will tell you that it doesn't exist.

Simon, much snipped but very many thanks for your efforts.

--
A T (Sandy) Morton
on the Bicycle Island
Old January 18th 06, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

David Martin wrote:
Pinky wrote:
"it has been said many times many ways......"

Well done Simon and tks from us all

Seconded.

Many thanks indeed for handling this on our behalf.

...d

Thirded

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham
Old January 18th 06, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Simon Brooke came up with the following;:
Right, you can no longer contribute to the fund; it is closed, and the
name of the account has been changed so if you try to, PayPal will tell
you that it doesn't exist.

Nice one, Simon, well done for the effort.

Much appreciated.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Old January 18th 06, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Thanks. A job well done.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old January 18th 06, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Thanks, Simon. Much appreciated.

helen s