Roberto Gaggioli is a piece of crap

Old May 5th 04, 09:52 PM
Chris

Default Roberto Gaggioli is a piece of crap

"Adam Hodges Myerson" wrote in message
in article , Bob Schwartz at
wrote on 5/4/04 10:25 AM:

Carl Sundquist wrote:
What role did the police play when Mercer hit Myerson and broke his

skull?

Statements were taken and charges were filed. At one point a warrant
was issued for Mercer's arrest. This was about the time that Adam
stopped posting and he wasn't public about the resolution.

Bob Schwartz

I was told you kids were talking about this.

I saw Jonny's bike after the race, it was ugly. It would have really been
bad if that was his head. I did not see either incident, however.

Mercer got suspended for 13 months from USAC, a 2nd degree felony charge,

3
years probation, and had to pay any uncovered medical bills I had, about
$600 of $25,000.

Jonny asked me what he should do, I told Jonny he should press charges

just
to make sure he had things documented in case he wanted to take recourse
later. Supposedly Monex is going to replace his bike and other damaged
equipment, and Jonny was happy with that.

Adam

Sounds good but in addition he needs to make sure assault charges are filed
against this maniac. Why would anyone think it is ok to leave an act like
this unpunished?

Old May 5th 04, 10:39 PM
Andrew Martin

(Andrew Martin) wrote in message . com...
(Rondechampion) wrote in message ...
Last night at the crit in Anniston, Al he attacked Johnny Sundt with a 2x4. He
was upset about some of the meaningless crap that happens during bike races and
he tried to assult Johnny.

He caved in the down tube on Johnny's bike when Johnny used to bike to protect
himself.

This guy is a piece of crap and deserves to be suspended for a long time.

He pulled a similar stunt a few years when he threw his bike at another riders
head and cut his head with the chainring.

I wish this guy would just go away.

USAC----please don't puss out and not suspend this a-hole.

the real rondechampion

There is no excuse for any sort of action like that, but Johnny does
have a bit of a rep for pulling some dangerous stunts. Sundt is such
a superior bike handler, that he can do stuff that you are certain
will take you down, only to dash out of it at the last second. He's
chopped wheels a couple times, with his excuse being that he's a pro
and his job is to make money any way possible in bike races. Some
people don't like that.

I've rarely heard a good word spoken about Gag - this confirms it.
Good to hear nobody was seriously hurt.

-a

www.eriksaunders.com has a note on his site:

i got the story of the kung-fu fight in china from trent klasna's own
mouth specifically so that i could post it... so i think i will get
that written up here soon...

Is that the same incident we were talking about here?

-a

Old May 6th 04, 12:37 AM
chris

I'll assume that is in addition to dumping Gag. I mean that sounds
laim, "Uh, sorry Jonny for Roberto going ape **** on you, but here's a
new bike, OK?" They should issue an apology as well.

CH

Old May 6th 04, 02:45 AM
Carl Sundquist

"Chris" wrote in message

"Carl Sundquist" wrote in message

"Bob Schwartz" wrote in message

I don't see where USAC has a role if the cops don't.

What role did the police play when Mercer hit Myerson and broke his

skull?

I do not know what role they played. If you do, maybe you can finish

making
your point.

Until Adam posted, I did not know or recall what role the police played.
However, I was considering that USAC suspended Mercer for a year, so I
didn't know whether USAC factored in legal charges/findings or suspended
Mercer on their own accord. I still don't know whether legal charges
factored in USAC's decision, but very seldom in major sports are legal
charges filed when a player is fined/suspended. Did Bill Romanowski have
charges filed against him when he beat up his teammate in the locker room
last year?

Old May 6th 04, 08:09 AM
Steve Wingate

Until Adam posted, I did not know or recall what role the police played.
However, I was considering that USAC suspended Mercer for a year, so I
didn't know whether USAC factored in legal charges/findings or suspended
Mercer on their own accord. I still don't know whether legal charges
factored in USAC's decision, but very seldom in major sports are legal
charges filed when a player is fined/suspended. Did Bill Romanowski have
charges filed against him when he beat up his teammate in the locker room
last year?

No criminal charges were filed against Romo, although the guy did sue him.