Thinking about buying 36"uni

Old February 15th 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zippy

Default Thinking about buying 36"uni

if you want to ride fast and comfortably on a coker you need half toe
clips like Joe uses.

Problem is with cokers as you reach speed you come to a point where it
takes little power to keep going and the pedals and feet tend to
separate or slip.

--
zippy

pm me so we can sort out a group booking.*
zippy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11885

Old February 15th 07, 01:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
databurst

I'm 5'7" with 29" inseam and am able to ride my 36" radial 360. I'm
using 170 cranks (for hills). I did have to trim off about an inch from
the bottom of the seat pole with a pipe cutter for it to be
comfortable.

--
databurst
databurst's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12091

Old February 15th 07, 03:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

munidobs wrote:
So, ditch the pedals altoghther to save a few more grammes and gain
another 0.0n of a km/h

That's funny But I'm happy with my magnesium pedals (for now).
They're lightweight and very durable on my coker.

--
Hazmat

1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

Old February 15th 07, 04:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thayr

5'7" with 32" inseam and 125 cranks. I have a touring handle which takes
up a little space but I still have room to drop the seat a few inches.

I had ridden 36" a couple times before I bought it. One time on 150
cranks and the other on 115. I was able to free mount and ride no
problem but when I got my own it took me a couple weeks to get
comfortable free mounting.

I had ordered a brake from UDC but they were backordered so I was
riding for a few weeks without the brake, those weeks made me realise
the type of riding I do I don't need a brake. There's only one hill I
ride and if I take it slow I can manage. I can imagine hills being hard
to slow down if you got your speed going.

I like the T7 handle alot, really makes riding better for me.

--
thayr
thayr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8957