Trikki Beltran's bad concussion and his helmet

Old August 26th 05, 05:14 PM
bryanska

Default Trikki Beltran's bad concussion and his helmet

Mine (google) still shows like 963.

Old August 26th 05, 06:04 PM
(PeteCresswell)

Per Tom Kunich:
That reminds me of people out in the higher priced neighborhoods in
Connecticutt always destroy the road signs so people cannot find their way
around their areas and stay away.

Small thinking.

In certain areas around where we live, they have it down pat. Keep the street
sign in place, but give a street 3 names: the name that shows up on a map, the
name on the street sign, and the name that the residents use to refer to the
street.
--
PeteCresswell
Old August 26th 05, 09:02 PM
Michael Press

In article
.com,
"Buck" wrote:

DANG! Missed it by one. Ok, so this will be the 1,000th post....

-Buck

A the message count in a thread for the purposes of record
length ought to stop when reference is made to the actual
count. Pete Cresswell did so in
.

The count for rbm, rbr, and rbt are as follows:

group count
rec.bicycles.misc 960
rec.bicycles.racing 962
rec.bicycles.tech 1022

--
Michael Press
Old August 26th 05, 10:56 PM
Bob Schwartz

In rec.bicycles.racing Michael Press wrote:
A the message count in a thread for the purposes of record
length ought to stop when reference is made to the actual
count. Pete Cresswell did so in
.

The count for rbm, rbr, and rbt are as follows:

group count
rec.bicycles.misc 960
rec.bicycles.racing 962
rec.bicycles.tech 1022

You know, I was just thinking that someone that was willing
to devote as much time to the exact definition of irony as
you was ready to wade into something as pointless as a helmet
thread.

Welcome.

Bob Schwartz

http://tinyurl.com/9heao
Old August 27th 05, 08:36 AM
Michael Press

In article ,
Bob Schwartz wrote:

In rec.bicycles.racing Michael Press wrote:
A the message count in a thread for the purposes of record
length ought to stop when reference is made to the actual
count. Pete Cresswell did so in
.

The count for rbm, rbr, and rbt are as follows:

group count
rec.bicycles.misc 960
rec.bicycles.racing 962
rec.bicycles.tech 1022

You know, I was just thinking that someone that was willing
to devote as much time to the exact definition of irony as
you was ready to wade into something as pointless as a helmet
thread.

Welcome.

Thanks.
My feet were already wet in the shallow end.

As for the other I learned plenty and made my own ideas
clearer to myself. Hope others derived benefit, if simply
a good laugh.

--
Michael Press
Old August 27th 05, 09:36 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

I submit that on or about Thu, 25 Aug 2005 03:08:03 GMT, the person
known to the court as SMS made a statement
in Your Honour's bundle) to
the following effect:

Naturally, since you apparently sincerely
believe that you are one of Earth's greatest experts on everything, it
is inconceivable that your cherished beliefs could be anything less
than Revealed Truth.

Beliefs need to be based on more than what you wish were true, or what
you have personally experienced.

Indeed. Which is why the likes of Frank and I have repeatedly asked
you to cite some actual evidence to support your idea that certain
types of lighting system are unsafe. Thus far you have consistently
failed to do so.

If you want to base your beliefs on lighting, on the lack of statistics
that compare accidents, injuries, and fatalities versus no lighting, 3W
lighting, and more powerful lighting, then indeed you could come to the
conclusion that you so desperately desire. But basing your conclusion on
the lack of statistics is not proof of anything. Where there are no
statistics, you have to look at other ways of determining the optimal
equipment.

Which would make sense if it wasn't for the fact that /you/ are the
one making the assertions, therefore /you/ are the one who bears the
burden of proof.

So, you state that certain types of lighting system are inadequate,
but you appear to base that solely on personal prejudice. You say
personal experience and opinion count for nothing, but the only backup
you've provided thus far is selectively quoting those whose opinions
agree with you, while making disparaging remarks about those who
disagree (such as manufacturers of city bikes and Audax UK).

Where is the externally verifiable evidence which you acknowledge
above is necessary?

As it happens I am not aware of any conclusive evidence that lights
make any difference at all to safety, let alone dynamo vs.
rechargeable lights, so I'd be interested to see the citations on
this.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk