If Canada can do it

Old October 24th 18, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

Default If Canada can do it

On 24/10/2018 18:14, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 11:24:55 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 23/10/2018 20:16, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 6:27:17 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 23/10/2018 17:24, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 11:27:59 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 22/10/2018 21:34, Simon Jester wrote:

Why not UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45806255

Legal weed in Leftpondia has been proven to reduce drink and drug driving.

Is stoned driving better than drink-driving? They're equally risky and
both illegal (in the UK and USA, and almost certainly also in Canada).

And your point?

It's obviously too complicated for you,

And immediately lost the argument.

Really? You either didn't understand the point when it was made, or lied
and claimed that you didn't.

Which was it?

Neither, you didn't make a point.
Obviously drug driving is no better than drink driving.
Both are illegal in all civilised countries plus the USA.
Just because I am in favour of legal weed does not mean I condone drug driving.

Any "justification" of allowing the consumption of illegal drugs on the
fanciful basis that it reduces the incidence of drink-driving has a
recognition (and praise) of change of mode from drunk driving to drugged
driving implicit within it.

Your "Legal weed in Leftpondia has been proven to reduce drink and drug
driving" was that "justification.

I pointed out that boith are risky and that there is no (good) reason
for taking your uninformed line.

You either didn't see that point or you pretended that you didn't see
it. One of those has to be true. There are no other explanations for the
content of your replies.

Let me know when you are prepared to have an ADULT discussion.

Let the world know when you are going to stop asking for "the point"
after it has been explained to you.

Legal weed in the US has led to a reduction in both drink and drug driving.

Prove it.

So, once again, what was your point?

What... OTHER than the fact that you are talking out of the wrong
orifice, you mean?
Old October 24th 18, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 6:27:45 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
[...]

None of the above.

The FACT that legal weed reduces both drink and drug driving was not my justification, it is just one of the positive side effects.

Why are you so vehemently opposed to legal weed in the UK?
Do you drink alcohol?

I pointed out that boith are risky and that there is no (good) reason
for taking your uninformed line.

I seem to be more informed on this subject than you.
Like you I was brainwashed as a child to believe 'Drugs Are Evil'.
As an adult I have done my research and formed my own opinion.

You either didn't see that point or you pretended that you didn't see
it. One of those has to be true. There are no other explanations for the
content of your replies.

Let me know when you are prepared to have an ADULT discussion.

Let the world know when you are going to stop asking for "the point"
after it has been explained to you.

Legal weed in the US has led to a reduction in both drink and drug driving.

Prove it.

Do your own research. The data are out there.

So, once again, what was your point?

What... OTHER than the fact that you are talking out of the wrong
orifice, you mean?

More childish insults.

Old October 24th 18, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.73d0ca0e1d90

Old October 25th 18, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 23/10/18 18:27, JNugent wrote:
On 23/10/2018 17:24, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 11:27:59 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 22/10/2018 21:34, Simon Jester wrote:

Why not UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45806255

Legal weed in Leftpondia has been proven to reduce drink and drug
driving.

Is stoned driving better than drink-driving? They're equally risky and
both illegal (in the UK and USA, and almost certainly also in Canada).

Ah, of course - if our lords and masters have decided to make something
illegal it must be wrong.

And your point?

It's obviously too complicated for you, but for a normal person ought to
be more obvious: there is no gain in swapping drunk drivers for drugged
drivers.

Even you ought to be able to work out why.

I have never knowingly taken cannabis products (does this mean I don't
qualify as a normal person?). No doubt you can explain why there is no
gain in swapping drunk drivers for drugged drivers.
Old October 25th 18, 12:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

On 25/10/2018 00:01, TMS320 wrote:
On 23/10/18 18:27, JNugent wrote:
On 23/10/2018 17:24, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 11:27:59 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 22/10/2018 21:34, Simon Jester wrote:

Why not UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45806255

Legal weed in Leftpondia has been proven to reduce drink and drug
driving.

Is stoned driving better than drink-driving? They're equally risky and
both illegal (in the UK and USA, and almost certainly also in Canada).

Ah, of course - if our lords and masters have decided to make something
illegal it must be wrong.

Define "wrong".

And your point?

It's obviously too complicated for you, but for a normal person ought
to be more obvious: there is no gain in swapping drunk drivers for
drugged drivers.

Even you ought to be able to work out why.

I have never knowingly taken cannabis products (does this mean I don't
qualify as a normal person?). No doubt you can explain why there is no
gain in swapping drunk drivers for drugged drivers.

Neither category is in full control of the vehicle, of course.

Are you feeling alright?

Old October 25th 18, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 25/10/18 00:37, JNugent wrote:
On 25/10/2018 00:01, TMS320 wrote:
On 23/10/18 18:27, JNugent wrote:
On 23/10/2018 17:24, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 11:27:59 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 22/10/2018 21:34, Simon Jester wrote:

Why not UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45806255

Legal weed in Leftpondia has been proven to reduce drink and drug
driving.

Is stoned driving better than drink-driving? They're equally risky and
both illegal (in the UK and USA, and almost certainly also in Canada).

Ah, of course - if our lords and masters have decided to make
something illegal it must be wrong.

Define "wrong".

No

And your point?

It's obviously too complicated for you, but for a normal person ought
to be more obvious: there is no gain in swapping drunk drivers for
drugged drivers.

Even you ought to be able to work out why.

I have never knowingly taken cannabis products (does this mean I don't
qualify as a normal person?). No doubt you can explain why there is no
gain in swapping drunk drivers for drugged drivers.

Neither category is in full control of the vehicle, of course.

"Full control" is too vague for something inherently non-binary.

Are you feeling alright?

I suspect I have better health than you, thank you for asking.
Old October 25th 18, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

On 25/10/2018 09:29, TMS320 wrote:
On 25/10/18 00:37, JNugent wrote:
On 25/10/2018 00:01, TMS320 wrote:
On 23/10/18 18:27, JNugent wrote:
On 23/10/2018 17:24, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 11:27:59 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 22/10/2018 21:34, Simon Jester wrote:

Why not UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45806255

Legal weed in Leftpondia has been proven to reduce drink and

drug driving.

Is stoned driving better than drink-driving? They're equally

risky and
both illegal (in the UK and USA, and almost certainly also in

Canada).

Ah, of course - if our lords and masters have decided to make

something illegal it must be wrong.

Define "wrong".

No

In that case, your "point" is non-existent.

And your point?

It's obviously too complicated for you, but for a normal person

ought to be more obvious: there is no gain in swapping drunk drivers for
drugged drivers.

Even you ought to be able to work out why.

I have never knowingly taken cannabis products (does this mean I

don't qualify as a normal person?). No doubt you can explain why there
is no gain in swapping drunk drivers for drugged drivers.

Neither category is in full control of the vehicle, of course.

"Full control" is too vague for something inherently non-binary.

The provisions of the Construction and Use Regulations are not vague.
Full control (or the lack thereof, as the case may be) presents no
definition difficulties for the police or the courts.

Thene there is: https://www.gov.uk/drug-driving-law

And perhaps more to the p[oint:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...ted?view=plain

But of course, you know better than the law, don't you?

Old October 25th 18, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 12:37:10 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
[...]

What makes you so certain legal weed will result in drink drivers becoming drug drivers?
No one is proposing Weed Bars where you can go and get high then drive home, as happens with alcohol.
No one is suggesting you should be able to order 'A selection a rustic breads with cannabis infused olive oil dip' in a restaurant.

This is how it works in Colorado.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tZSJiFMExQ
Those interested in FACTS can skip to 2:50.
Those wishing to maintain their ignorant, uniformed prejudices can say 'I'm not going to click on that link.'
Old October 25th 18, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 12:44:10 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
[...]

What is your response to this?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-45979243
Should we ban alcohol?

Smoking weed gives an almost immediate high so you cannot overdose because you will pass out long before you get a lethal dose.
Alcohol has a delayed effect and you can overdose before you know it.

Old October 25th 18, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

On 25/10/2018 17:09, Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

Nothing makes me certain of that.

But *you* insisted that legalising illegal drugs reduces the incidence
of drink-driving. *You* are saying that there is a connection between
the two, and that connection can only be people moving from
drink-driving to drug-driving. Well, unles the drugs so incapacitate its
victims that they can't find their keys.

No one is proposing Weed Bars where you can go and get high then drive home, as happens with alcohol.
No one is suggesting you should be able to order 'A selection a rustic breads with cannabis infused olive oil dip' in a restaurant.

This is how it works in Colorado.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tZSJiFMExQ
Those interested in FACTS can skip to 2:50.
Those wishing to maintain their ignorant, uniformed prejudices can say 'I'm not going to click on that link.'

It's up to you to put your argument. I shall not be doing any part of
your Youtube research for you.

Meanwhile, in Canada... [email protected] Techniques 1 July 25th 17 05:11 PM
Canada ? DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH Techniques 0 January 29th 17 12:52 PM
O Canada... phillip brown Racing 15 July 30th 08 01:33 AM
SHIPPING FROM CANADA TO USA [email protected] Techniques 3 June 6th 06 07:00 AM
Cycling on OLN Canada [email protected] Racing 2 March 2nd 05 04:40 PM