three speed to single speed conversion

Old June 30th 06, 07:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default three speed to single speed conversion

I'm looking to convert the three speed crank on my mountain bike to a
single speed, but I want to keep the rear setup the way it is. I've
heard that it's really easy, and I've heard it's really difficult.
I've looked at cranks online, but I'm not sure if I need to get any
specific kind. All of the websites I look at are about converting the
entire bike to a single speed, which I'm not interested in - only the
front. Can anyone at least point me in the right direction?

Old June 30th 06, 11:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

There is more than one way to do this but, if you want advise about
converting the crank that you already have, you'll have to tell what
make, model, or style it is.

One very simple option that you have would be to decide which of your 3
chainrings you want to use, then adjust your front derailleur
appropriately over the chain and remove the shifter cable.

Lewis.

****

Rear Mech Advice wanted Julesh UK 53 May 17th 06 10:12 AM
need help with single speed conversion [email protected] Techniques 3 April 21st 06 01:37 PM
FS Fuji Fixed Gear / Single Speed Track Bike [email protected] Marketplace 1 March 14th 06 09:48 PM
Single Speed Cruiser vs. Mountain/All Terrain Bike for Commuting? Luigi de Guzman General 2 August 21st 03 05:02 PM
[OT] Speeding motorist - "It's unfair" Tim Woodall UK 95 August 9th 03 09:28 AM