Thomas Voeckler - Que faites-vous ?

Old July 5th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Thomas Voeckler - Que faites-vous ?

Why would Thomas Voeckler be using a big chainring on the Cauberg???

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...ur063/voeckler

Old July 5th 06, 05:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Calogero Carlucci wrote:
Why would Thomas Voeckler be using a big chainring on the Cauberg???

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...ur063/voeckler

Because he's actually British?

Bret - who once knew a Brit who was more interested in what he could
climb in the big ring than any other aspect of cycling.

Old July 5th 06, 05:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Calogero Carlucci wrote:
Why would Thomas Voeckler be using a big chainring on the Cauberg???

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...ur063/voeckler

The Cauberg is not really a hill. We know this since it is in Holland.
Which is flat.
Old July 5th 06, 08:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

in message . com, Bret
') wrote:

Calogero Carlucci wrote:
Why would Thomas Voeckler be using a big chainring on the Cauberg???

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...ur063/voeckler

Because he's actually British?

Bret - who once knew a Brit who was more interested in what he could
climb in the big ring than any other aspect of cycling.

Yup, I know people like that.

Hard man fetishism and knackered knees.

;; An enamorata is for life, not just for weekends.
Old July 5th 06, 09:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Stu Fleming writes:
The Cauberg is not really a hill. We know this since it is in
Holland. Which is flat.

Actually, Cauberg is not in Holland. It is in Limburg.

MJ;

--
..signature necesse est
Old July 5th 06, 09:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Stu Fleming wrote:
The Cauberg is not really a hill. We know this since it is in Holland.
Which is flat.

A virtual hill.
Old July 5th 06, 12:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Stu Fleming wrote:
Calogero Carlucci wrote:

Why would Thomas Voeckler be using a big chainring on the Cauberg???

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...ur063/voeckler

The Cauberg is not really a hill. We know this since it is in Holland.
Which is flat.

1. Holland is a province of the Netherlands.

2. Limburg is another province of the Netherlands.

3. The Cauberg is in Limburg.

4. I rode around Limburg for five years, there are no real mountains
but a lot of hills, in some areas it is anything but flat, including the
Cauberg. Did you ever watch the Amstel Gold Race, Stu ?!?!?!?!

Regards
debe

P.S.: Ewoud, if Stu starts yelling around, could you please handle
things and slap him verbally? I'm too tired today. Thanks!

Old July 5th 06, 12:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

debe wrote:

4. I rode around Limburg for five years, there are no real mountains
but a lot of hills, in some areas it is anything but flat, including the
Cauberg. Did you ever watch the Amstel Gold Race, Stu ?!?!?!?!

Yes, Valkenberg, 1993, when the race used to finish in Maastricht.
Gianni Bugno cocked up the sprint.

P.S.: Ewoud, if Stu starts yelling around, could you please handle
things and slap him verbally? I'm too tired today. Thanks!

Ewoud didn't take the bait earlier...
Old July 5th 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Stu Fleming wrote:
debe wrote:

4. I rode around Limburg for five years, there are no real mountains
but a lot of hills, in some areas it is anything but flat, including
the Cauberg. Did you ever watch the Amstel Gold Race, Stu ?!?!?!?!

Yes, Valkenberg, 1993, when the race used to finish in Maastricht.
Gianni Bugno cocked up the sprint.

So then you should have known that Limburg ain't flat.

P.S.: Ewoud, if Stu starts yelling around, could you please handle
things and slap him verbally? I'm too tired today. Thanks!

Ewoud didn't take the bait earlier...

Ewoud watches everything and every thread, but he only appears once in a
while ...
Old July 5th 06, 01:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

debe wrote:
Ewoud watches everything and every thread, but he only appears once in a
while ...

Dumbass,
If you want him to appear mention Hampsten's win over the Gavia Pass in
the snow. Alternatively perhaps if you're female you can rub his lamp or
something and he might appear.

Thomas H Kunich you just don't get it do you? Bill General 4 December 30th 05 02:16 AM
Thomas H Kunich you just don't get it do you? Bill Techniques 3 December 30th 05 02:16 AM
Philip Bartlett! ... Thomas Wentworth General 0 September 29th 05 02:52 PM
Thomas Voeckler Today Jan Racing 16 July 5th 05 04:38 PM
Michael Carter schools Thomas Voeckler!!!!!!!!!! crit PRO Racing 1 February 3rd 05 10:47 PM