MTB races in melb city?

Old December 9th 03, 06:40 AM
Koon Yong

Default MTB races in melb city?

I read an article in some bike mag that there were MTB races last summer
somewhere in Melbourne city. It was sorta like some crit style race on
dirt around a parking lot.

Anyone have any info on this event? Is it going on again this summer?

Old December 9th 03, 08:41 AM
ftf

Koon Yong wrote:
I read an article in some bike mag that there were MTB races last summer
somewhere in Melbourne city. It was sorta like some crit style race on
dirt around a parking lot.
Anyone have any info on this event? Is it going on again this summer?

See http://www.webspawner.com/users/delu....webspawner.c-
om/users/deluxebikes/.

Cheers, Troy

Old December 9th 03, 08:42 AM
hippy

"Koon Yong" wrote in message
I read an article in some bike mag that there were MTB races last summer
somewhere in Melbourne city. It was sorta like some crit style race on
dirt around a parking lot.

Anyone have any info on this event? Is it going on again this summer?

Yes, one at least has been run already:

quote
NEXT BIG CLUB GET TOGHETHER!!!
THE FIRST DIRT CRIT WILL BE ON TUESDAY
18th Nov.START TIME 6.30 MONTAGUE STREET,
SOUTH MELBOURNE.
For more info. or details on joining Deluxe Bicycle Club,
call Mallachi on 0409 413 700, or send an email, or blog
in the guestbook.
endquote

From: http://www.deluxebicycleclub.com/

hippy

Old December 9th 03, 01:41 PM
bfra1

I held up traffic tonight as I didn't see the light change. I was in
Lorimer/Montague????? street and saw a stack of MTB in a paddock. Will
pull over for a good look next time.

Old December 9th 03, 10:41 PM
Shabby

Any chance I could do it on a road bike, if I called it a
cyclo-cross bike?

Old December 10th 03, 12:41 AM
Bikesoiler

Shabby wrote:
Any chance I could do it on a road bike, if I called it a
cyclo-cross bike?

You can ride whatever you like but you may not enjoy it. The course is
quite tight & the surface rough. Come on down & have a look.

Old December 11th 03, 03:28 AM
Tim Jones

"Bikesoiler" wrote in message
Shabby wrote:
Any chance I could do it on a road bike, if I called it a
cyclo-cross bike?

You can ride whatever you like but you may not enjoy it. The course is
quite tight & the surface rough. Come on down & have a look.

Do you have to join to use the course? How is it run, and is there a chance
for MTBing newbies in the club?

I also emailed Mariachi on this as well...

Tim

Old December 11th 03, 12:34 PM
hippy

"Tim Jones" wrote in message
Do you have to join to use the course? How is it run, and is there a

chance
for MTBing newbies in the club?

I'm pretty sure anyone can race.
Best way to find out? Head on down there
one Tuesday night and give it a shot. From
past experience with the SSWC, I don't
think you would cop any attitude from these
guys/gals...

I also emailed Mariachi on this as well...

"Mariachi" hehehe.. are you serious? :-)

hippy

Old December 12th 03, 04:31 AM
Tim Jones

"hippy" wrote in message
"Tim Jones" wrote in message
Do you have to join to use the course? How is it run, and is there a

chance
for MTBing newbies in the club?

I'm pretty sure anyone can race.
Best way to find out? Head on down there
one Tuesday night and give it a shot. From
past experience with the SSWC, I don't
think you would cop any attitude from these
guys/gals...

I also emailed Mariachi on this as well...

"Mariachi" hehehe.. are you serious? :-)

Sorry - Mallachi.

;-)

Tim