OT Interesting video

Old January 17th 07, 12:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Ken C. M.

Default OT Interesting video

Okay well it's not totally OT but sort of. I found this little video
clip on google.
http://video.google.com/url?vidurl=h...NzAJ5xLlT7uf-w

Shows the reason not to leave your carbon fiber ride laying around in
someones driveway.

Ken
--
The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets
old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without
Old January 17th 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Ken C. M.

Ken C. M. wrote:
Okay well it's not totally OT but sort of. I found this little video
clip on google.
http://video.google.com/url?vidurl=h...NzAJ5xLlT7uf-w

Shows the reason not to leave your carbon fiber ride laying around in
someones driveway.

Ken

Okay I think I mangled the link try this:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...e&pr=g oog-sl

Ken
Old January 17th 07, 02:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Baka

Ken C. M. wrote:

Ken C. M. wrote:
Okay well it's not totally OT but sort of. I found this little video
clip on google.
http://video.google.com/url?vidurl=h...NzAJ5xLlT7uf-w

Shows the reason not to leave your carbon fiber ride laying around in
someones driveway.

Ken

Okay I think I mangled the link try this:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...e&pr=g oog-sl

Ken

Now I want a Titanium bike, screw the Aluminum or Carbon fiber.
Bill Baka
Old January 17th 07, 02:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

http://tinyurl.com/2ek5sb

Shows the reason not to leave your carbon fiber ride laying around in
someones driveway.

Oh, what sort of eggs would a carbon fiber bicycle lay, or maybe you
were possibly considering what effect leaving a bicycle lying in a
driveway would have. That's nucular!

Jobst Brandt
Old January 17th 07, 11:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Ken C. M.

wrote:
Ken C. M. writes:

Okay well it's not totally OT but sort of. I found this little video
clip on google.

http://tinyurl.com/2ek5sb

Shows the reason not to leave your carbon fiber ride laying around in
someones driveway.

Oh, what sort of eggs would a carbon fiber bicycle lay, or maybe you
were possibly considering what effect leaving a bicycle lying in a
driveway would have. That's nucular!

Jobst Brandt

Sorry for the imperfect use of the english language.

Ken
Old January 17th 07, 11:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Ken C. M.

Bill Baka wrote:
Ken C. M. wrote:

Ken C. M. wrote:
Okay well it's not totally OT but sort of. I found this little video
clip on google.
http://video.google.com/url?vidurl=h...NzAJ5xLlT7uf-w

Shows the reason not to leave your carbon fiber ride laying around in
someones driveway.

Ken

Okay I think I mangled the link try this:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...e&pr=g oog-sl

Ken

Now I want a Titanium bike, screw the Aluminum or Carbon fiber.
Bill Baka

That was my thinking as well, but then again I don't leave my ride where
that would happen and if it happened while I was riding I think I might
have more to worry about than my AL or CF bike getting crushed.

Ken
Old January 17th 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Mark Hickey

"Ken C. M." wrote:

Bill Baka wrote:
Ken C. M. wrote:

Okay I think I mangled the link try this:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...e&pr=g oog-sl

Now I want a Titanium bike, screw the Aluminum or Carbon fiber.

Excellent choice! ;-)

That was my thinking as well, but then again I don't leave my ride where
that would happen and if it happened while I was riding I think I might
have more to worry about than my AL or CF bike getting crushed.

The demonstration has merit well beyond a tube's (or a frame's)
ability to withstand being run over by a large SUV. There are all
kinds of ways to crush a tube, even if it's only a focused event that
results in a nasty dent in a down tube.

It is telling that they used a ROUND tube for the demonstration (and
mention that this is "before the 'enhancement'". Any shaping they'd
do to the tube would have made it less likely to stand up to the
weight, of course.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame
Old January 17th 07, 03:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Doc O'Leary

In article ,
"Ken C. M." wrote:

Okay well it's not totally OT but sort of. I found this little video
clip on google.
http://video.google.com/url?vidurl=h...Fvideopl ay%3
Fdocid%3D3741362681682291899%26q%3Dbicycle%26hl%3D en&docid=3741362681682291899
&ev=v&esrc=sr17&usg=AL29H21arWQFi78thYakNzAJ5xLlT7 uf-w

Shows the reason not to leave your carbon fiber ride laying around in
someones driveway.

To me, it shows that bad science in marketing drives away customers.
After watching that, I have no interest in ever buying a Litespeed
product.

--
My personal UDP list: 127.0.0.1, 4ax.com, buzzardnews.com, googlegroups.com,
heapnode.com, localhost, x-privat.org
Old January 17th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

Ken C. M. wrote:
Ken C. M. wrote:
Okay well it's not totally OT but sort of. I found this little video
clip on google.
http://video.google.com/url?vidurl=h...NzAJ5xLlT7uf-w

Shows the reason not to leave your carbon fiber ride laying around in
someones driveway.

Ken

Okay I think I mangled the link try this:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...e&pr=g oog-sl

Ken
--
The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets
old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without
shocking the entire community. ~Ann Strong

At least it was a diesel truck, the real future of internal combustion
engines....

Old January 17th 07, 03:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

Doc O'Leary wrote:
In article ,
"Ken C. M." wrote:

Okay well it's not totally OT but sort of. I found this little video
clip on google.
http://video.google.com/url?vidurl=h...Fvideopl ay%3
Fdocid%3D3741362681682291899%26q%3Dbicycle%26hl%3D en&docid=3741362681682291899
&ev=v&esrc=sr17&usg=AL29H21arWQFi78thYakNzAJ5xLlT7 uf-w

Shows the reason not to leave your carbon fiber ride laying around in
someones driveway.

To me, it shows that bad science in marketing drives away customers.
After watching that, I have no interest in ever buying a Litespeed
product.

--

Ahhh geeezzz, another broad paintbrush on a teeny little unscientific
demonstration. "no interest in EVER buying a Litespeed product', C'mon,