speaking of Jobst

Old January 4th 13, 09:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default speaking of Jobst

On Jan 3, 9:40 pm, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 10:55:51 -0800 (PST), wrote:
It does amaze me that we somehow evolved
in a way to be harmed in so many ways by the sun.
It's not like sunlight is a new phenomenon.

Living long enough for the sun damage to matter is a new phenomenon.

I'm with Helmut, thinking that moving out of our ancestral
environments is more important. The huge population whose ancestors
left the British Isles and settled in Australia is probably the most
notorious example - although I wonder about the huge population whose
ancestors were kidnapped from equatorial Africa and ended up in places
with much less sunlight. From what I've gathered, too much skin
pigmentation for one's climate leads to insufficient Vitamin D, and it
seems the benefits of Vitamin D are still being discovered.

But speaking of Australians, despite their increased tendency to skin
cancer (and their resulting modern campaigns to cover up, slather
sunscreen, etc.), the World Map of Life Expectancy at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_ex...on_over_tim e
(thanks to Robert) doesn't seem to show any problem.

- Frank Krygowski
Old January 4th 13, 11:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Jan 4, 10:07 am, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Jan 3, 7:22 pm, Dan O wrote:

On Jan 3, 7:23 am, Helmut Springer wrote:

Dan O wrote:
Even the strongest believers in foam hats would be unlikely to
wear one in the hospital, where his brain injury (from stroke)
happened. Nor would many of them attempt to imply that a foam
hat would make any difference in those circumstances.

Still, bit of an ironic coincidence, don't you think?

No. Where do you see ironic aspects?

Suffering head injury after eschewing protective headgear.

That happens to thousands of pedestrians and tens of thousands of
motorists every year. Far more than to bicyclists.

All the more ironic and coincidental, don't you think?

Old January 4th 13, 11:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Henderson

James wrote:

There's plenty of not harmful critters. We like to emphasize the
harmful ones though, to scare away possible immigrants ;-)

And we haven't even mentiomed the drop bears yet!

John
Old January 4th 13, 11:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Henderson

James wrote:

Noting that they say "It¢s unique to the north-east area, ", which I
assume means north-east of Victoria, and not as far south as Melbourne.

Nasty!

There have been a couple of recent cases among friends here in
Canberra. Yes, quite nasty.

John
Old January 5th 13, 12:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Jan 4, 3:49 pm, John Henderson wrote:
James wrote:
Noting that they say "It¢s unique to the north-east area, ", which I
assume means north-east of Victoria, and not as far south as Melbourne.

Nasty!

There have been a couple of recent cases among friends here in
Canberra. Yes, quite nasty.

This is a pretty good example of the proverbial missing context.

Old January 6th 13, 06:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Robert Borchert

On Thursday, January 3, 2013 3:32:06 PM UTC-8, datakoll wrote:
Jobst was infected with botflys ?

fromm Silicone Valley ?

"Silicon Valley" is in northern California.

"Silicone Valley" is better known as the region around Los Angeles, Malibu, Beverly Hills...
Old January 7th 13, 08:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

On Jan 6, 6:26*pm, Robert Borchert wrote:
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 3:32:06 PM UTC-8, datakoll wrote:
Jobst was infected with botflys ?

fromm Silicone Valley ?

"Silicon Valley" is in northern California.

"Silicone Valley" is better known as the region around Los Angeles, Malibu, Beverly Hills...

either, way it's all been a sillyCon
Old January 8th 13, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Jan 7, 8:16*am, thirty-six wrote:
On Jan 6, 6:26*pm, Robert Borchert wrote:

On Thursday, January 3, 2013 3:32:06 PM UTC-8, datakoll wrote:
Jobst was infected with botflys ?

fromm Silicone Valley ?

"Silicon Valley" is in northern California.

"Silicone Valley" is better known as the region around Los Angeles, Malibu, Beverly Hills...

either, way it's all been a sillyCon

Definitely a sillyCon of mammary proportions.
Old January 8th 13, 06:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

not if urine northern California. Silicone Valley is east of the San Andreas Fault ridge and west of SF's south Bay backwater filled with botfly larvae
Old January 10th 13, 01:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 1:04:06 PM UTC-5, datakoll wrote:
not if urine northern California. Silicone Valley is east of the San Andreas Fault ridge and west of SF's south Bay backwater filled with botfly larvae

more flies

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...e-cte-18178139

Jobst Phil H Techniques 83 July 13th 11 12:53 AM
Is jobst gone? Crescentius Vespasianus Techniques 7 June 23rd 11 12:08 AM
When Jobst ... Steve Freides[_2_] Techniques 1 January 20th 11 09:28 PM
Jobst Brad Anders Racing 20 January 19th 11 05:31 PM
Jobst TriGuru55x11 Rides 1 January 19th 11 01:13 PM