I admit it, I am a wimp

Old February 9th 06, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default I admit it, I am a wimp

There was a CTC meet up at Little Walsingham this moring. I was planning on
going. Honest. But then Vernon said he was going into Norwich for a couple
of meetings today and did I want to tag along so I could have the day in
Naarch. I don't often get the chance of a full day's mooch about the shops
in Naarch, so I wimped out of the cycling. I'm glad I did! There was a
biting wind, sleet, snow of various types, more sleet, more biting wind and
more snow. At various points the snow was blowing horizontal...

So I admit it. Today I was in the category of fairweather cyclist!

Cheers, helen s

--

~~
you may need to remove dependence

Old February 9th 06, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

In article ,
wafflycat wrote:
There was a biting wind, sleet, snow of various types, more
sleet, more biting wind and more snow. At various points the snow
was blowing horizontal...

So I admit it. Today I was in the category of fairweather cyclist!

On the bicycle island and from here to Prestwick the weather was
fantastic - egg shell blue sky and mirror calm sea - loads of
cyclists in lycra shorts.

Unfortunately I was taking SWAMBO to the airport so that she could
visit her sister in London - mair expense :-((

--
T h e - e x t e n d e r ! ! ! !
Old February 9th 06, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"wafflycat" wrote in message
There was a
biting wind, sleet, snow of various types, more sleet, more biting wind
and more snow. At various points the snow was blowing horizontal...

Well, a few miles south of you in Suffolk, wall to wall sunshine most of the
day!!

Bill

Old February 10th 06, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wafflycat wrote:
So I admit it. Today I was in the category of fairweather cyclist!

Perhaps a little harsh on yourself.

Perhaps we need to invent a compartive term:
"fairerweather cyclist"

BugBear
Old February 10th 06, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

bugbear wrote:
Perhaps a little harsh on yourself.

Perhaps we need to invent a compartive term:
"fairerweather cyclist"

Or maybe "any-weather-as-long-as-it's-not-a-shopping-day cyclist".

d.
Old February 10th 06, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

"wafflycat" wrote in message
There was a CTC meet up at Little Walsingham this moring. I was planning
on going. Honest. But then Vernon said he was going into Norwich for a
couple of meetings today and did I want to tag along so I could have the
day in Naarch. I don't often get the chance of a full day's mooch about
the shops in Naarch, so I wimped out of the cycling. I'm glad I did! There
was a biting wind, sleet, snow of various types, more sleet, more biting
wind and more snow. At various points the snow was blowing horizontal...

I wimped out of our evening club ride, up the same hill 5 times starting at
6pm. Although in defence I had hauled myself out of bed at 5am, ridden 12
miles to work in the bitingly cold wind, done an 8 hour shift and then
ridden home in snow flurries, so my conscience was sort of clear.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

I admit it: I'm a poser! Erin Unicycling 8 January 29th 06 02:18 AM
I'm a wimp Just zis Guy, you know? UK 18 July 25th 05 11:35 AM
OK I admit I am a wimp. Maggie General 35 June 16th 05 12:04 AM
I admit it ... Steven L. Sheffield Racing 4 September 5th 04 06:45 PM
Even other sports giants have to admit cycling is cool... Mark Hickey General 6 August 14th 03 01:21 AM