Matt Damon as Lance?

Old July 28th 04, 08:22 PM
psycholist

Default Matt Damon as Lance?

That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
Armstrong.

I can see it ... sort of. I just hope Damon learns to ride a bike better
than he learned golf ... or better than Costner learned to ride a bike or
play golf, either one.

I guess they'll have to get DeNiro to play Ullrich since he'll have to
balloon up and down in weight ... like in Raging Bull.

Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.

Bob C.

Old July 28th 04, 08:58 PM
Race Bannon

Damon as Livestong?
ok. I would buy that.

How about T. Heinz Kerry as Crow.....both older, dried up and lots of cash.

Old July 28th 04, 10:10 PM
steve

On 28-Jul-2004, "psycholist" wrote:

Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.

Seems silly to me to make a biographical drama when there is ample real life
footage available to create a compelling documentary. Plus you know a
scripted film will do no justice to cycling as a sport.

steve
--
"A man was severely injured today in the Knutsford area."

Benny Hill
Old July 28th 04, 11:10 PM
psycholist

"steve" wrote in message

On 28-Jul-2004, "psycholist" wrote:

Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.

Seems silly to me to make a biographical drama when there is ample real

life
footage available to create a compelling documentary. Plus you know a
scripted film will do no justice to cycling as a sport.

steve
--
"A man was severely injured today in the Knutsford area."

Benny Hill

Or, you could have Michael Moore do a spinumentary.

Bob C.

Old July 29th 04, 12:10 AM
Carl Sundquist

"psycholist" wrote in message
That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
Armstrong.

I can see it ... sort of. I just hope Damon learns to ride a bike better
than he learned golf ... or better than Costner learned to ride a bike or
play golf, either one.

I guess they'll have to get DeNiro to play Ullrich since he'll have to
balloon up and down in weight ... like in Raging Bull.

Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.

I thought it was interesting when Damon was on Letterman last Thursday, he
used the word pelOton. Now we know why.

Old July 29th 04, 12:21 AM
Sierraman

"psycholist" wrote in message
That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
Armstrong.

I can see it ... sort of. I just hope Damon learns to ride a bike better
than he learned golf ... or better than Costner learned to ride a bike or
play golf, either one.

I guess they'll have to get DeNiro to play Ullrich since he'll have to
balloon up and down in weight ... like in Raging Bull.

Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.

Bob C.

Damon lost 20 pounds to play the the drug addict in Courage Under Fire with
Meg Ryan. He plays both parts before and after, and his family said he lost
too much weight by running and was obsessed with the part. Kind of like when
Tom Hanks did the same in his Island movie.

Old July 29th 04, 01:20 AM
Tom Kunich

"steve" wrote in message

On 28-Jul-2004, "psycholist" wrote:

Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.

Seems silly to me to make a biographical drama when there is ample real

life
footage available to create a compelling documentary. Plus you know a
scripted film will do no justice to cycling as a sport.

Or, you could have Michael Moore do a spinumentary.

I think the correct term is "crockumentary". Seems as how he's been de-spun
by everything from the 911 Commission Report to the latest being Yeslam
Binladin who says that Moore's film purposely misrepresented his family -
claiming that they were flown out of the country with some sort of priority
when in fact they were treated as any other foreign visitors. He also
debunked the oft repeated claim that members of the bin Laden family were in
Afghanistan with Osama.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._laden_moore_5

But then when someone prefers lies to truth you can always bet that there's
a Liberal in the woodpile.

Old July 29th 04, 01:54 AM
Ken Papai

"psycholist" ...
That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
Armstrong.

I can see it ... sort of. I just hope Damon learns to ride a bike better
than he learned golf ... or better than Costner learned to ride a bike or
play golf, either one.

Maybe Damon will quit smoking?

I guess they'll have to get DeNiro to play Ullrich since he'll have to
balloon up and down in weight ... like in Raging Bull.

Schwarzenegger'd make a good Der Kaiser.

-Ken

Old July 29th 04, 02:22 AM
psycholist

k.net...

"steve" wrote in message

[...]

You get no argument here, Tom. I just suggested spinumentary because of the
play on the cycling angle along with the slanted "documentary" style of Mr.
Moore.

Bob C.

Old July 29th 04, 03:47 AM
Howard Kveck

In article t,
"Tom Kunich" wrote:

But then when someone prefers lies to truth you can always bet that there's
a Liberal in the woodpile.

"Clinton took drug money from the Columbians." Right, Tom?

--
tanx,
Howard

So far, so good, so what?

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Lance vs George W Bush John Racing 0 July 20th 04 06:30 AM
LANCE ARMSTRONG'S BID FOR COVETED SIXTH TOUR DE FRANCE FOILED Richard Longwood Racing 6 June 28th 04 03:06 AM
Lance comments on Wilson Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer Racing 2 March 2nd 04 02:53 AM