ASO still refusing to admit Astana in TDF

Old June 5th 08, 10:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Victor Kan

Default ASO still refusing to admit Astana in TDF

On Jun 5, 1:51 pm, Bill C wrote:
...The grief caused to ASO
by Astana is huge ...

Huger than the grief caused by Rabobank, T-Mobile and Cofidis,
individually or combined?

Old June 6th 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
hizark21

Actually Bruyneel has the option of keeping the riders he wanted.

Bob Schwartz wrote:
hizark21 wrote:
Yes, but Astana has gotten rid of all the old management and most of
07's riders. Like I said before the ASO should have told Astana that
they have to resolve certain issues if they want to enter to the
TDF.

Of the 30 riders on their roster, 17 were there last year.
Most of last year's riders are still there. Which is to be
expected I suppose, since most if not all of the holdovers
would have multi-year contracts.

Bob Schwartz

Old June 6th 08, 01:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jun 5, 11:38*am, (Booker Bense) wrote:
ASO wants control of the money and no doping scandals to dry up
the money.

_ Booker C. Bense *

More accurate is that ASO has control of the money, UCI wants control
of the money, ASO and the other organizers are not going to let them
steal it. The whole point of excluding Unibet and now Astana iss to
show the UCI that they have no real power and can not unilaterally
proceed with their ProTour idea.
Old June 6th 08, 02:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_2_]

Bob Schwartz wrote:
hizark21 wrote:
Yes, but Astana has gotten rid of all the old management and most of
07's riders. Like I said before the ASO should have told Astana that
they have to resolve certain issues if they want to enter to the
TDF.

Of the 30 riders on their roster, 17 were there last year.
Most of last year's riders are still there. Which is to be
expected I suppose, since most if not all of the holdovers
would have multi-year contracts.

Bob Schwartz

Very well. Then the team is mostly the same as last year,
adding a few select riders such as Levi (Ferrari) Leipheimer
and Alberto (Puerto) Contador.

So why are you making the case that Astana hasn't earned this
by ****ing in the soup more than once?

Aren't you the guy that wants the death penalty for first
time dopers? ASO is taking a hard line. You should be cheering
this.

Bob Schwartz
Old June 6th 08, 03:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Bob Schwartz wrote:
hizark21 wrote:
[...]

To be clear, I don't have a problem with the Tour
excluding Astana, who have a Phonak-like smell.
But can someone explain to me the second incident of
****ing in the Tour's soup? Vino, obviously. Is
Kashechkin the second? That happened outside
and after the Tour. It's bad, but it seems an offense
against cycling as a whole and not the Tour
specifically. Or is it something to do with Puerto,
Contador, or a hangover from Liberty Seguros?

Again, I don't have a major problem with their exclusion,
although I also don't think excluding teams is ever going
to be done objectively. Some teams will get breaks
(Rabobank, Cofidis) for one reason or another. I just want
to make sure I didn't miss any soup-****ing incidents.

Ben
Old June 6th 08, 05:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
hizark21

Bob Schwartz wrote:
hizark21 wrote:
Yes, but Astana has gotten rid of all the old management and most of
07's riders. Like I said before the ASO should have told Astana that
they have to resolve certain issues if they want to enter to the
TDF.
Of the 30 riders on their roster, 17 were there last year.
Most of last year's riders are still there. Which is to be
expected I suppose, since most if not all of the holdovers
would have multi-year contracts.

Bob Schwartz

Very well. Then the team is mostly the same as last year,
adding a few select riders such as Levi (Ferrari) Leipheimer
and Alberto (Puerto) Contador.

Yes, but none of the current riders on the Astana team have tested
positive. There is a big difference between testing positive as
opposed to guilt by association. That said it would be interesting to
find out how much the Basso hurt the teams chances of being in the
tdf. As I stated earlier, hiring Basso was a mistake and hurt the
teams reputation.

Old June 6th 08, 06:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

On Jun 5, 1:15 pm, Jeff Jones wrote:
On Jun 5, 7:12 am, Kyle Legate wrote:

dave a wrote:

On the other hand, I suspect that one of the top stories during the TdF
will be the exclusion of Astana. That's still exposure.

Astana doesn't sell anything. Exposure is meaningless.

What about for making benefit glorious nation of Kazakhstan?

Jeff

KaCHIING!
-Paul
Old June 6th 08, 08:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate

Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com wrote:

This is only indirectly about being clean or not. ASO has a real
problem with Bruyneel and Contador still has a cloud over him. I think
it's ASO's distaste for Bruyneel primarily. If Bruyneel wasn't the
director, I'll bet Astana would have been invited.

[citation required]
Old June 6th 08, 09:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

hizark21 wrote:
As I stated earlier, hiring Basso was a mistake and hurt the teams
reputation.

Astana hired Basso ? Have I missed something ?

Can I hire Basso's sister ?

Old June 6th 08, 11:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jun 6, 12:55*am, Kyle Legate wrote:
Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.comwrote:

This is only indirectly about being clean or not. ASO has a real
problem with Bruyneel and Contador still has a cloud over him. I think
it's ASO's distaste for Bruyneel primarily. If Bruyneel wasn't the
director, I'll bet Astana would have been invited.

[citation required]

Egad! Wikipedia humor.

I admit it, I am a wimp wafflycat UK 5 February 10th 06 11:21 AM
I admit it: I'm a poser! Erin Unicycling 8 January 29th 06 02:18 AM
I admit it: I'm a poser! johnfoss Unicycling 0 January 26th 06 06:44 PM
OK I admit I am a wimp. Maggie General 35 June 16th 05 12:04 AM
I admit it ... Steven L. Sheffield Racing 4 September 5th 04 06:45 PM