anti puncture , what is best?

Old February 19th 12, 11:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
M5usr[_2_]

Default anti puncture , what is best?

Gd morning

Riding a racing bike for commute (700c x 25/28) , what is the best anti
puncture measures?

Or rather, I like to know what works for you?

I am also looking for what gives the best rollings resistants performance.

I know my question is broad , but I rather not make a bias by asking
about a particular product .

Chris , Copenhagen
Old February 19th 12, 01:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Feb 19, 5:31*am, M5usr wrote:
Gd morning

Riding a racing bike for commute (700c x 25/28) , what is the best anti
puncture measures?

Or rather, I like to know what works for you?

I am also looking for what gives the best rollings resistants performance..

I know my question is broad , but I rather not make a bias by asking
about a particular product .

Chris , Copenhagen

I have been using Airless tires from ( http://www.airfreetires.com/ )
on most of my bikes for 10 years and am totally satisfied with them.

Please feel welcome to write me back if I can answer any questions for
you.

Lewis

*****
Old February 19th 12, 01:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Per M5usr:
I am also looking for what gives the best rollings resistants performance.

I know my question is broad , but I rather not make a bias by asking
about a particular product .

I guess the rolling resistance of the 28's would be the same with
anti-puncture measures installed, but I wonder about the added
weight of anti-puncture measures vs the added weight of larger
(say 38's) tires.

I guess added weight doesn't affect speed once you get rolling,
but my experience is that it affects the feeling of liveliness.

Maybe somebody with experience can chime in.
--
Pete Cresswell
Old February 19th 12, 02:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane Hebert

On 2/19/2012 6:31 AM, M5usr wrote:
Gd morning

Riding a racing bike for commute (700c x 25/28) , what is the best anti
puncture measures?

Or rather, I like to know what works for you?

I am also looking for what gives the best rollings resistants performance.

I know my question is broad , but I rather not make a bias by asking
about a particular product .

Chris , Copenhagen

I use Specialized Turbo Elite 700c 23. They have what Specialized calls
"black belt" protection. Pretty light and very responsive and no flats
yet in ~2 years.
http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...jsp?spid=57651

Old February 19th 12, 03:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

On 2/19/2012 3:31 AM, M5usr wrote:
Gd morning

Riding a racing bike for commute (700c x 25/28) , what is the best anti
puncture measures?

Or rather, I like to know what works for you?

I am also looking for what gives the best rollings resistants performance.

I know my question is broad , but I rather not make a bias by asking
about a particular product .

Chris , Copenhagen

Sorry, there is no "best," just a collection of trade-offs that you can
choose from. (Though there may be a "worst.") Several options already
mentioned in this thread.

Mr. Tuffy tire liners really do stop most flats. Back when I used them,
I once had a pretty big gash in one tire, with the Mr. Tuffy showing
through, but no flat. Mr. Tuffys also add significant rolling
resistance, though it's not too hard to ignore. FWIW, I quit using them
in favor of fat, medium-thick-tread kevlar-belted tires on my commuter.
I get 0-4 flats in a year, so greater flat-proofing isn't a high priority.

Mark J.
Old February 19th 12, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 12:31:15 +0100, M5usr wrote:

Riding a racing bike for commute (700c x 25/28) , what is the best anti
puncture measures?

Something to consider:
http://www.fastcodesign.com/1665045/soft-ride-bike-has-steel-tires-and-you-can-ride-it-now
The article claims that rolling resistance decreases with increased
speed. I haven't tried it.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old February 19th 12, 05:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

$$$ See Specialized tires and tubes....Spec is in Utah but whatthehey
right ? Weal can't live at Boulder or Fort Collins.

more tread, more money, more tube try a throneproof.

Conti TT are excellent surburban semi racers

up a notch ? see Universal Cycles in uhuhuh Portland for KEVLAR LINERS

TIP OF THE WEEK: place liners against inner tread surface not on
rim....

Old February 19th 12, 05:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

add foluup

speed and RR. sure see Utube at Bonneville Speed Weeks

love that cycle turns around at 165
Old February 19th 12, 05:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

Phil W Lee wrote:
:

Riding a racing bike for commute (700c x 25/28) , what is the best anti
puncture measures?

Or rather, I like to know what works for you?

I am also looking for what gives the best rollings resistants performance.

I know my question is broad , but I rather not make a bias by asking
about a particular product .

Chris , Copenhagen

Individual choice may be largely a matter of the kind of roads you
cycle on, and the debris you tend to encounter there.

Good hint. I recommend a VAT-exempt product called vehicular cycling.
It tends to lower rolling resistance and frequency of debris, but it
may have been banned due to the current Kopenhagenaze movement, or that
visiting seven decades earlier.
Old February 19th 12, 05:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

add foo

liners eat tubes. the overlap does it. expect an expensive pre slimed
throneproof, which is if not puncture proof, highly resistant, to go
with a indented tear area after 2000 miles ? not bad but always a
surprise. WTF happened to muh tube ?
Liners are extreme measures for hi plains people like Fogel who live
with the dreaded cactus goathead. Tourist Trash, edge of a garbage
dump, construction areas....got construction in a tourist area...gear
up.

my slime throneproof Spec dtory.
On my way to an appt., going down down down a NEW Fed Intercoastal
bridge on the Gulf Coast, wind at back doin' maybe 25, CLICK CLICK
CLICK
stopped on broad shoulder concrete to examine and golly gee there's a
ring shanked roofing nail complete with head washer rammed right thru
to rim.
I continued onward for 20 miles, changed tube 2 days later.
how's that for a recommend ? not racer spec, gram weenie

First puncture. Simon Mason[_2_] UK 1 October 30th 08 08:47 PM
Howard Stern doing talmud work - anti-gentile anti-family LIBERATOR Mountain Biking 0 March 20th 08 11:33 PM
anti-puncture strategies barry.webster3 UK 31 August 5th 04 10:06 AM
First puncture. Simon Mason UK 4 November 8th 03 08:38 PM
Puncture! Lee UK 9 September 18th 03 03:56 PM