When your LiveSTRONG band breaks...

Old August 12th 04, 07:05 PM
Karen M.

Default When your LiveSTRONG band breaks...

...and it will (mine at the "S")...

"Bondini" superglue will put it back together. (I tried several
compounds, including Shoe Goo, Automotive Mender, and a tire patch.)

Also, a strip of reinforcing fabric on the wrist-side of the
stamped lettering will add stability. I used 1/4" yellow bias tape
from a fabric store.

There, I just saved you a trip to E-bay, where the sellers hawking
these for $5-10 are certainly donating the extra proceeds to the
original good cause!

--Karen M.
presently enjoying a tape of Stage 18
Old August 12th 04, 07:36 PM
Voltaire

How do you know you're buying an "official" Livestrong band off e-bay and
not a cheap knock-off from China?

Vol

om...

Old August 12th 04, 10:36 PM
gooserider

"Karen M." wrote in message
om...
..and it will (mine at the "S")...

I don't know that it will. I've worn mine since June, I guess(whenever The
Paceline released them), and I've taken it off dozens of times. No problem.
Just have to be careful....

Old August 12th 04, 11:16 PM
KSManning

Voltaire" wrote in message
news
How do you know you're buying an "official" Livestrong band off e-bay and
not a cheap knock-off from China?

They are ALL from china.

Old August 13th 04, 12:36 AM
skuke

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 22:16:11 GMT, KSManning wrote:

Voltaire" wrote in message
news
How do you know you're buying an "official" Livestrong band off e-bay and
not a cheap knock-off from China?

They are ALL from china.

I have cofirmed with Kevin Filo from LAF.org that counterfeit wristbands do
exist. I bought some from eBay ($1.00 ea with .35-.50 shipping) and some
from a LBS. The LBS bands came in a "retail" packaging and the eBay ones
came in an unmarked plastic bag. However, I've also received one (from a
friend) that came from LAF in an unmarked bag.

Anyhow, unless you compare them side by side, they are difficult to tell
apart. The counterfeits are a lighter shade of yellow and the font is
slightly different. It is also slightly thinner. Both say "Made in China"
on the inside. ...ironic or what??

Just sad that all the money being spent on bogus bands are not going to LAF
and cancer research.
--
Skuke
Reverse the domain name to send email
Old August 13th 04, 12:58 AM
Zamboli

They already are cheap and from China...
Old August 13th 04, 02:11 AM
Jeff in Ottawa

It's really quite astounding people will run out and buy plastic crap under
the premise of supporting a cause. If everyone who bought these bands took
the time to donate blood ONCE THIS YEAR and signed their organ donor cards
they would colectively be GUARANTEED to have saved 100s? to 1000s of lives
(including cancer patients who would not otherwise survive therapy). Of
course this would have to be done without recognition.

Or try this: spend only one hour this year, in service of someone in need
without judgement or reward (yes this includes liars, cheats and thieves).
It is shamefull that the measurement of loss of life is death. How many
millions of lives are lost in the world that could be saved that will never
be measured because those people did not die of "something".

"gooserider" wrote in message
. ..

"Karen M." wrote in message
om...
..and it will (mine at the "S")...

I don't know that it will. I've worn mine since June, I guess(whenever The
Paceline released them), and I've taken it off dozens of times. No

problem.
Just have to be careful....

Livestrong, I've ordered mine. Callistus Valerius Racing 24 July 24th 04 08:05 PM
Livestrong JS Racing 0 July 24th 04 05:27 AM
Jan given an ultimatum; Wear a livestrong band or lose Saturday TT. Ronde Champ Racing 12 July 23rd 04 04:57 AM