Meeting cyclists via Usenet?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 8th 04, 01:54 AM
frkrygow

Default Meeting cyclists via Usenet?

Just out of curiosity - is it common for cyclists to meet face to face
after first encountering each other on Usenet?

After a recent invitation ("If you're ever in the neighborhood...") I
started thinking. I've actually met at least four cyclists via this
route. I've ridden with two of the four, and one couple graciously took
me and my family into their home on a recent bike tour.

I've had a couple near misses, too - one guy was out of his far-distant
town when I passed through (or alternately, knew enough to not answer
the phone! ;-) And sadly, Ken Kifer never had a chance to accept our
invitation here, although he'd planned to.

Is this common?

--
Frank Krygowski [To reply, omit what's between "at" and "cc"]