OT. Anything BICYCLING related going on here? LOL

Old February 12th 20, 11:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default OT. Anything BICYCLING related going on here? LOL

Anyone here doing anything BICYCLING related?

Cheers
Old February 13th 20, 12:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

On Wed, 12 Feb 2020 15:43:17 -0800 (PST), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:
Anyone here doing anything BICYCLING related?

Bicycles. I think I've heard of those.
Old February 13th 20, 12:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_7_]

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here doing anything BICYCLING related?

Cheers

Just signed up for the Rideau Lakes Cycling Tour.

https://www.ottawabicycleclub.ca/rlct/

Doing the classic one.

Does that count?
Old February 13th 20, 12:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 2/12/2020 5:43 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here doing anything BICYCLING related?

Cheers

Cleaning a 1970 Raleigh Competition (Carlton built) frameset
which is, basically, making black snot with emery dust and
elbow grease.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old February 13th 20, 01:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

On 2/12/2020 4:45 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/12/2020 5:43 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here doing anything BICYCLING related?

Cheers

Cleaning a 1970 Raleigh Competition (Carlton built) frameset which is,
basically, making black snot with emery dust and elbow grease.

Bummer about the black snot. I lusted after the 1975 model of that bike
back in the day. Huret Jubilee ultra-light derailleurs! Whee!

Mark J.
Old February 13th 20, 01:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 2/12/2020 7:13 PM, Mark J. wrote:
On 2/12/2020 4:45 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/12/2020 5:43 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here doing anything BICYCLING related?

Cheers

Cleaning a 1970 Raleigh Competition (Carlton built)
frameset which is, basically, making black snot with emery
dust and elbow grease.

Bummer about the black snot. I lusted after the 1975 model
of that bike back in the day. Huret Jubilee ultra-light
derailleurs! Whee!

Mark J.

I bought my brother one in 1975, he still rides it.

today's rebirthing project:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...st/rcom20h.jpg
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...st/rcom20i.jpg

Old February 13th 20, 09:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 1:13:46 AM UTC, Mark J. wrote:
On 2/12/2020 4:45 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/12/2020 5:43 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here doing anything BICYCLING related?

Cheers

Cleaning a 1970 Raleigh Competition (Carlton built) frameset which is,
basically, making black snot with emery dust and elbow grease.

Bummer about the black snot. I lusted after the 1975 model of that bike
back in the day. Huret Jubilee ultra-light derailleurs! Whee!

Mark J.

You had a lucky escape. -- Andre Jute
Old February 14th 20, 06:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 13/02/2020 01:45, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/12/2020 5:43 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here doing anything BICYCLING related?

Cheers

Cleaning a 1970 Raleigh Competition (Carlton built) frameset which is,
basically, making black snot with emery dust and elbow grease.

Applause Weinmann center pulls and everything 70's going on to it?
Old February 14th 20, 01:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 2/14/2020 12:52 AM, Tosspot wrote:
On 13/02/2020 01:45, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/12/2020 5:43 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here doing anything BICYCLING related?

Cheers

Cleaning a 1970 Raleigh Competition (Carlton built)
frameset which is, basically, making black snot with emery
dust and elbow grease.

Applause Weinmann center pulls and everything 70's going
on to it?

We normally only see the frames here but yes he says it's
all original.

For those who like that sort of thing, befo
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...ast/ral18c.jpg
after:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...ast/ral18q.jpg

Old February 14th 20, 05:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 2/14/2020 8:53 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/14/2020 12:52 AM, Tosspot wrote:
On 13/02/2020 01:45, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/12/2020 5:43 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here doing anything BICYCLING related?

Cheers

Cleaning a 1970 Raleigh Competition (Carlton built)
frameset which is, basically, making black snot with emery
dust and elbow grease.

ApplauseĀ* Weinmann center pulls and everything 70's going
on to it?

We normally only see the frames here but yes he says it's all original.

For those who like that sort of thing, befo
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...ast/ral18c.jpg
after:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...ast/ral18q.jpg

About brakes: Those were the long-arm center pull brakes that came
originally on my Raleigh Super Course. It also had a similar stamped
steel cable housing stop hanging from the headset. That part was pretty
flexible.

I always thought those brakes were weak. Eventually I replaced them with
Shimano cantilevers and a more rigid cable stop. Also, Kool-Stop salmon
pads. I like that setup much better. The Weinmann brakes are now on my
three speed.

But when the bike had those original brakes, I did loaded tours of
England (with some time in hilly Devon) and Scotland (including the
hills around Loch Ness) plus the Appalachians.

Separate question: Andrew, on my bike, the logos were hand lettered, not
decals. Do you do that in your shop?

--
- Frank Krygowski

Bicycling related I guess acalcium Australia 0 May 29th 05 05:54 AM
Cycling related Bill C Racing 1 April 17th 05 02:20 AM
My first SPD related fall saveacup UK 18 January 8th 05 10:05 AM
chain related? dreaded General 3 September 17th 04 03:53 AM
chain related? dreaded Techniques 4 September 13th 04 05:07 AM