cyclist mows down woman and her dog, on a zebra crossing.

Old February 26th 20, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

Default cyclist mows down woman and her dog, on a zebra crossing.

On 23:52 25 Feb 2020, TMS320 wrote:

On 25/02/2020 23:04, JNugent wrote:
On 25/02/2020 20:38, TMS320 wrote:
On 25/02/2020 20:02, Pamela wrote:
On 19:59Â* 23 Feb 2020, TMS320 wrote:
On 23/02/2020 12:25, Pamela wrote:

They may be the same in some cases, but it doesn't account for the
distinctly peculiar mentality of cyclists who mow down sick old ladies
on a zebra crossing.

Err... drivers mow down 100 pedestrians a day. Though I don't know how
many on pedestrian crossings, there are bound to be some.

How does that make the cyclists behaviour in that news story acceptable?

I didn't say it does.

Then what does it have to do with the subject under discussion?

Why did you snip the relevant part of my answer?

Why don't you answer the question?
Old February 26th 20, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 25/02/2020 23:52, TMS320 wrote:
On 25/02/2020 23:04, JNugent wrote:
On 25/02/2020 20:38, TMS320 wrote:
On 25/02/2020 20:02, Pamela wrote:
On 19:59Â* 23 Feb 2020, TMS320 wrote:
On 23/02/2020 12:25, Pamela wrote:

They may be the same in some cases, but it doesn't account for the
distinctly peculiar mentality of cyclists who mow down sick old
ladies
on a zebra crossing.

Err... drivers mow down 100 pedestrians a day. Though I don't know how
many on pedestrian crossings, there are bound to be some.

How does that make the cyclists behaviour in that news story
acceptable?

I didn't say it does.

Then what does it have to do with the subject under discussion?

Why did you snip the relevant part of my answer?

I left the only relevant part of your "answer" completely untouched.
Old February 26th 20, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 26/02/2020 03:51, Bod wrote:
On 25/02/2020 23:52, TMS320 wrote:
On 25/02/2020 23:04, JNugent wrote:
On 25/02/2020 20:38, TMS320 wrote:
On 25/02/2020 20:02, Pamela wrote:
On 19:59Â* 23 Feb 2020, TMS320 wrote:
On 23/02/2020 12:25, Pamela wrote:

They may be the same in some cases, but it doesn't account for the
distinctly peculiar mentality of cyclists who mow down sick old
ladies
on a zebra crossing.

Err... drivers mow down 100 pedestrians a day. Though I don't know
how
many on pedestrian crossings, there are bound to be some.

How does that make the cyclists behaviour in that news story
acceptable?

I didn't say it does.

Then what does it have to do with the subject under discussion?

Why did you snip the relevant part of my answer?

I've noticed he has a habit of doing that. He snipped the relevance

of your reply.

Au contraire. The only relevant part of what TMS posted (it was hardly
an "answer") was left intact.
Old February 26th 20, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 26/02/2020 11:37, Pamela wrote:
On 23:52 25 Feb 2020, TMS320 wrote:
On 25/02/2020 23:04, JNugent wrote:
On 25/02/2020 20:38, TMS320 wrote:
On 25/02/2020 20:02, Pamela wrote:
On 19:59Â 23 Feb 2020, TMS320 wrote:
On 23/02/2020 12:25, Pamela wrote:

They may be the same in some cases, but it doesn't
account for the distinctly peculiar mentality of cyclists
who mow down sick old ladies on a zebra crossing.

Err... drivers mow down 100 pedestrians a day. Though I
don't know how many on pedestrian crossings, there are
bound to be some.

How does that make the cyclists behaviour in that news story
acceptable?

I didn't say it does.

Then what does it have to do with the subject under discussion?

Why did you snip the relevant part of my answer?

Why don't you answer the question?

Did you not see my original answer made directly after your post? If
you've only seen Nugent's mangled version, above, here is my reply again:-

It provides perspective and counters your "distinctly peculiar
mentality" [of cyclists].

So let me ask you. What is peculiar about a cyclist knocking someone
over that is not peculiar about a driver knocking someone over?

Old February 27th 20, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 14:06 26 Feb 2020, TMS320 wrote:
[...]

Almost no identified motorist who knocks over a blind pedestrian on a
pedestrian crossing escapes prosecution. On the other hand, the cyclist
in question has done.

Additionally, a cyclist has to be exceeding the normal limits of riding a
bicycle by a proportionally greater margin to cause such an accident as
described than a motorist would while driving a car.
Old February 27th 20, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 27/02/2020 18:43, Pamela wrote:
[...]

Don't blame cyclists. It's a matter for the authorities.

Additionally, a cyclist has to be exceeding the normal limits of riding a
bicycle by a proportionally greater margin to cause such an accident as
described than a motorist would while driving a car.

The only thing that counts is the number and severity of casualties.
Your idea is frankly stupid.

Old February 28th 20, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 19:49 27 Feb 2020, TMS320 wrote:

[...]

I would add recklessness as an important factor.

My friend got knocked off her feet in Central London by a cyclist. She's
never been hit by a car. It was a reckless cyclist.

Old February 28th 20, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Friday, February 28, 2020 at 2:38:53 PM UTC, Pamela wrote:
I would add recklessness as an important factor.

My friend got knocked off her feet in Central London by a cyclist. She's
never been hit by a car. It was a reckless cyclist.

Was she staring at the her 'phone at the same time?
Old February 28th 20, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 14:57 28 Feb 2020, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, February 28, 2020 at 2:38:53 PM UTC, Pamela wrote:
I would add recklessness as an important factor.

My friend got knocked off her feet in Central London by a cyclist. She's
never been hit by a car. It was a reckless cyclist.

Was she staring at the her 'phone at the same time?

No, but I wonder what the cyclist's excuse was for not seeing her.
Old February 28th 20, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Friday, February 28, 2020 at 6:09:32 PM UTC, Pamela wrote:
On 14:57 28 Feb 2020, Simon Mason wrote:

On Friday, February 28, 2020 at 2:38:53 PM UTC, Pamela wrote:
I would add recklessness as an important factor.

My friend got knocked off her feet in Central London by a cyclist. She's
never been hit by a car. It was a reckless cyclist.

Was she staring at the her 'phone at the same time?

No, but I wonder what the cyclist's excuse was for not seeing her.

"Dazzled by the Sun" is an old favourite used by many killer drivers.