Cyclinger breaks the law for safety reasons?

Old March 9th 20, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

Default Cyclinger breaks the law for safety reasons?

On 14:02 9 Mar 2020, TMS320 said:

On 08/03/2020 12:12, Pamela wrote:
On 21:46 7 Mar 2020, TMS320 said:

On 07/03/2020 16:58, Pamela wrote:
On 15:29 7 Mar 2020, TMS320 wrote:
On 07/03/2020 12:51, JNugent wrote:
On 07/03/2020 11:20, TMS320 wrote:
On 07/03/2020 10:28, Pamela wrote:
On 15:12ÂÂÂ* 6 Mar 2020, MrCheerful
wrote:

The idiot rider was captured on dashcam dodging through speeding
traffic on the M60, forcing drivers to slam on the brakes to
avoid a deadly accident.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/11111182/idiot-cyclist-
ride-across-entire-m60-motorway/

Why do people like that cycle as if the law simply doesn't apply
to them?

A mistake?

It's so easy to cycle inadvertently onto a motorway and then cross
from an access sliproad to the offside lane (of three) then swerve
back across to the hard shoulder, isn't it?

If you bothered to look, you would find that the access from the
roundabout joins on the right. Now, I accept there was opportunity
to return to the roundabout before entering the motorway proper but
we have no idea what was going through her mind.

None of that makes any difference because she shouldn't be on the
motorway at all.

Of course. But you write as though you think the person was acting in
some sort of calm, habitual manner.

That describes the video exactly. Have you actually seen it?

I have.

The cyclist casually and without a backward glance cuts across the car
taking the video.

Once committed to such an error would an outward display of panic help?

Nor should she cut across a car in the way she did, no matter what
the road.

Where it is legal to cross a fast two lane trunk road, the technique
doesn't scale up from crossing a 30mph residential road. People don't
realise this.

The cyclist cuts across a motorway, not a dual carriageway. The title
says "M60" plain and simple. Why not take a look.

Are you Nugent's sister? You have the same inibility to read and
comprehend. I did not use the words "dual carriageway".

In many instances the only difference between a motorway and a dual
carriageway is that one has blue signs and the other has green signs.
It also happens that where green signs are used it is permitted to
discover and develop the spatial skills needed for crossing a "fast two
lane trunk road".

You wrote "it is legal to cross a fast two lane trunk road". I understood
what you meant by "two lane trunk road" as being a dual carriageway. I
wrote this isn't such a road but it's a motorway with different rules.

The cyclist in the video shows no sign of urgency despite very nearly
getting hit by the car. Panic is not necessary but more urgency would be
useful.

Old March 9th 20, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:

[...]

That describes the video exactly.Â* Have you actually seen it?

I have.

The cyclist
casually and without a backward glance cuts across the car taking the
video.

Once committed to such an error would an outward display of panic help?

Nor should she cut across a car in the way she did, no matter what the
road.

Where it is legal to cross a fast two lane trunk road, the technique
doesn't scale up from crossing a 30mph residential road. People don't
realise this.

The cyclist cuts across a motorway, not a dual carriageway.Â* The title
says "M60" plain and simple.Â* Why not take a look.

Are you Nugent's sister? You have the same inibility to read and
comprehend. I did not use the words "dual carriageway".

In many instances the only difference between a motorway and a dual
carriageway is that one has blue signs and the other has green signs.
It also happens that where green signs are used it is permitted to
discover and develop the spatial skills needed for crossing a "fast two
lane trunk road".

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/yXh2ZFpYoqNJt5tPEdNGRaa34TkEvj4AAgzjNimYtnmNITlRZ0 bVtVTQx_ESZeoIENCh78LXUiYzXVO06E0TBYyTmse2wXmRH6pI pFRF-fuL_kiGez5Xi8Dcim1VKvE5AxQ_YDxXweTss9DtVyOK

The carriageway in the video has three lanes and a slip road joining on
the left. It is not an all-purpose road (which is what was meant by
"dual-carriageway"). It is a motorway (yes, a dual-carriageway motorway).

BTW: Please accept my thanks for doing exactly what I said you would do.

Old March 9th 20, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...qNJt5tPEdNGRaa
34TkEvj4AAgzjNimYtnmNITlRZ0bVtVTQx_ESZeoIENCh78LXU iYzXVO06E0TBY
yTmse2wXmRH6pIpFRF-fuL_kiGez5Xi8Dcim1VKvE5AxQ_YDxXweTss9DtVyOK

The carriageway in the video has three lanes and a slip road joining on
the left. It is not an all-purpose road (which is what was meant by
"dual-carriageway"). It is a motorway (yes, a dual-carriageway
motorway).

BTW: Please accept my thanks for doing exactly what I said you would do.

TMS320 also claims,

"In many instances the only difference between a motorway and a dual
carriageway is that one has blue signs and the other has green signs."

I wonder if he's passed his driving test or old enough to take it. I hope
he's not a schoolkid giving us the benefit of his stream of consciousness.
As they say, on the Internet no one can tell if you're a dog.
Old March 9th 20, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 09/03/2020 16:41, JNugent wrote:

The carriageway in the video has three lanes and a slip road joining
on the left.

Still lazy! This is the road that joins on the right and goes on to form
the third lane.

https://goo.gl/maps/aUTCDdCGnZyjLh3L9

(Oh, and nobody has said anything about the road not being a motorway.)
Old March 9th 20, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 09/03/2020 16:49, Pamela wrote:

TMS320 also claims,

"In many instances the only difference between a motorway and a dual
carriageway is that one has blue signs and the other has green signs."

If they are otherwise different have you got anything constructive to say?

I wonder if he's passed his driving test or old enough to take it. I hope
he's not a schoolkid giving us the benefit of his stream of consciousness.
As they say, on the Internet no one can tell if you're a dog.

If you are going to name someone and quote their words to try and insult
them why can't you reply to their post?

Old March 9th 20, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 09/03/2020 16:37, Pamela wrote:

You wrote "it is legal to cross a fast two lane trunk road". I understood
what you meant by "two lane trunk road" as being a dual carriageway. I
wrote this isn't such a road but it's a motorway with different rules.

Do these "different rules" have anything to do with physics?
The cyclist in the video shows no sign of urgency despite very nearly
getting hit by the car. Panic is not necessary but more urgency would be
useful.

Of course! 13mph instead of 12mph would make all the difference.

Old March 9th 20, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 19:18 9 Mar 2020, TMS320 said:

On 09/03/2020 16:37, Pamela wrote:

You wrote "it is legal to cross a fast two lane trunk road". I understood
what you meant by "two lane trunk road" as being a dual carriageway. I
wrote this isn't such a road but it's a motorway with different rules.

Do these "different rules" have anything to do with physics?

The cyclist in the video shows no sign of urgency despite very nearly
getting hit by the car. Panic is not necessary but more urgency would be
useful.

Of course! 13mph instead of 12mph would make all the difference.

The rules have to do with driving or cycling in a way that is safe for you
and others.

How do you know she needed to travel only one extra mph to be cycling safely
on a motorway? Please show your calculations.
Old March 9th 20, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 19:18 9 Mar 2020, TMS320 said:

On 09/03/2020 16:49, Pamela wrote:

TMS320 also claims,

"In many instances the only difference between a motorway and a dual
carriageway is that one has blue signs and the other has green signs."

If they are otherwise different have you got anything constructive to say?

Surely you find learning something new to be constructive.

I wonder if he's passed his driving test or old enough to take it. I hope
he's not a schoolkid giving us the benefit of his stream of consciousness.
As they say, on the Internet no one can tell if you're a dog.

If you are going to name someone and quote their words to try and insult
them why can't you reply to their post?

What is your age?
Old March 9th 20, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 19:17 9 Mar 2020, TMS320 said:

On 09/03/2020 16:41, JNugent wrote:

The carriageway in the video has three lanes and a slip road joining
on the left.

Still lazy! This is the road that joins on the right and goes on to form
the third lane.

https://goo.gl/maps/aUTCDdCGnZyjLh3L9

(Oh, and nobody has said anything about the road not being a motorway.)

Motorway regulations, as all drivers will know, start at the beginning of the
slip road which is marked by a sign. Do you have a driving licence?