OT Cateye Light.

Old April 21st 06, 12:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default OT Cateye Light.

I had my Cateye Opticube sitting on my desk. Somebody sent me an SMS.
The SMS caused the Cateye light to turn on.

If a call is made to the mobile the Cateye light will switch on and off
a few times.
The phone has to be reasonably close to the light.

I now have a visual warning that an SMS is about to arrive.

Cheers
Dave A

Old April 21st 06, 12:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Dave A wrote:
I had my Cateye Opticube sitting on my desk. Somebody sent me an SMS.
The SMS caused the Cateye light to turn on.

If a call is made to the mobile the Cateye light will switch on and off
a few times.
The phone has to be reasonably close to the light.

I now have a visual warning that an SMS is about to arrive.

Cheers
Dave A

I've got a variation on that. I use my HRM as my watch and find that
power tools and airport metal detectors both trigger the HRM to start.
So if the chest strap battery runs out, just strap a circular saw to
your chest.

DaveB
Old April 21st 06, 01:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle

DaveB Wrote:
Dave A wrote:
I had my Cateye Opticube sitting on my desk. Somebody sent me an

SMS.
The SMS caused the Cateye light to turn on.

If a call is made to the mobile the Cateye light will switch on and

off
a few times.
The phone has to be reasonably close to the light.

I now have a visual warning that an SMS is about to arrive.

Cheers
Dave A

I've got a variation on that. I use my HRM as my watch and find that
power tools and airport metal detectors both trigger the HRM to start.
So if the chest strap battery runs out, just strap a circular saw to
your chest.

DaveB

Having seen the light, that's one way to cut through the opposition,
and deter feral car drivers as well

--
warrwych

Old April 21st 06, 01:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle

warrwych Wrote:
Having seen the light, that's one way to cut through the opposition, and
deter feral car drivers as well

what!? someone other than a DaveX in this thread!?

cheers,
DaveGPL

--
gplama

Old April 21st 06, 02:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle

flyingdutch wrote:
obviously you need an SMSorcism of you light!

"Be gone, you illuminating devil"

Or change it for a Lucas - 'prince of sudden unexplained darkness' as they
are known in alt.fan.landrover ... it'll never come on again!

Karen

--
"I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
- Slartibartfast

Old April 21st 06, 02:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle

In aus.bicycle on Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:13:49 +1000
Karen Gallagher wrote:

Or change it for a Lucas - 'prince of sudden unexplained darkness' as they
are known in alt.fan.landrover ... it'll never come on again!

"If Lucas made guns, wars wouldn't start."

"Why do the Poms drink warm beer? Because Lucas made the fridges".

Zebee
- who hasn't had a bike with Lucas electrics, the Italians have their
own methods of creating darkness with occasional sparks.

Old April 21st 06, 02:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle

gplama Wrote:
what!? someone other than a DaveX in this thread!?

cheers,
DaveGPL

well I can arrange to be DaveM and pose as my father for you

And talking of names, I note that I will be racing a Larry at the nat
masters in 2 weeks - COOL!!!! A Lawrence and a Larry in the same
women's race. Am loving that one

--
warrwych

Old April 21st 06, 02:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle

warrwych Wrote:
well I can arrange to be DaveM and pose as my father for you

And talking of names, I note that I will be racing a Larry at the nat
masters in 2 weeks - COOL!!!! A Lawrence and a Larry in the same
women's race. Am loving that one

What about Barry? I hear she's REALLY quick

--
flyingdutch

Old April 21st 06, 02:47 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Aha - a possible bike-mounted mobile phone detection device! Can you rig
it up with a callback function (ie: when you're riding about) that
emanates an pre-recorded message on the same frequency to any errant
motorist within 20m to GET OFF THE FECKING PHONE.

Just a idea.

--
cfsmtb

Old April 21st 06, 02:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle

cfsmtb wrote:

Aha - a possible bike-mounted mobile phone detection device! Can you rig
it up with a callback function (ie: when you're riding about) that
emanates an pre-recorded message on the same frequency to any errant
motorist within 20m to GET OFF THE FECKING PHONE.

Just a idea.

--
cfsmtb

Oooh, oooh, TimC, this sounds like a job for us!

Tam