Where to get leg protection?

Old January 9th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Where to get leg protection?

Where do you get a good leg protectors for unicycling?

--
onewheeling
onewheeling's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11307

Old January 9th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

http://www.blueskycycling.com/produc...hin-Guards.htm

--
Krashin'Kenny

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!
Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

Old January 9th 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I prefer using football-shinguard, those with integrated protection for
my ancles..
[image: http://pix.summitsportsinc.com/47122.jpg]
I don't like my 4x4, they hurt my knees with all the "protective"
padding, and i don't think i have ever had any real use of it, the
knee-section that is..
But i have hut my ancles a couple of times, and it hurt a lot!

And this is not as hot, better looking and probably chaaper!

Buy.. well, any sports-dealer.

--
lleberg

I 3 my unicycle!
lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272

Old January 10th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

onewheeling wrote:
Where do you get a good leg protectors for unicycling?

Many people use 661 leg armour, available from Unicycle.com and cycling
stores:
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=404

--
peter.bier

-Peter Bier
peter.bier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1506

Old January 10th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

lleberg wrote:
I prefer using football-shinguard, those with integrated protection for
my ancles..
[image: http://pix.summitsportsinc.com/47122.jpg]
I don't like my 4x4, they hurt my knees with all the "protective"
padding, and i don't think i have ever had any real use of it, the
knee-section that is..
But i have hut my ancles a couple of times, and it hurt a lot!

And this is not as hot, better looking and probably chaaper!

Buy.. well, any sports-dealer.

Hm, I've never heard of that being used. Can anyone else attest to the
usefulness of footbal shin guards?

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
last updated on friday, january 6th, 2006, 09:25 pm central time

768
dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900

Old January 10th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I got some of those at discount from the local sports short - cost me about
3 UK pounds, IIRC.

Side note: for some work (particularly UW / BC) it's handy to position the
pads on the inside of your leg, instead of at the front as usual. If this
is appropriate for you, do make sure that you can still swivel them round
to face inwards and that the foot strap / ankle padding isn't in the way.

Old January 10th 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

dudewithasock wrote:
Hm, I've never heard of that being used. Can anyone else attest to the
usefulness of footbal shin guards?

That's what they're made for (protecting shins), and they work great!
My girlfriend used them along with knee guards when she was first
getting into MUni.

Obligatory search link: 'soccer shin guards'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sea...searchid=31224)

Several posts in there seem to agree with my girlfriend's experience.

--
entropy
entropy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5816

Old January 10th 06, 07:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

The 661 4x4 leg armor is a good choice for a variety of muni. Lots of
local bike shops carry the 661 gear, lots on online bike shops carry it
also. A 'Froogle search' (http://tinyurl.com/8cyuw) will find some
online sources. Unicycle.com also carries it.

The 661 4x4 leg armor is nice, but not perfect. It does have some
faults. But overall it's the best option for many people. Knee
protection is key for a lot of people. I absolutely need knee
protection for muni. I'd be in bad shape (or at least my knees would
be) if I didn't wear some sort of knee pad while riding.

IMHO every muni rider should have a pair of 661 4x4 leg armor in their
stash of stuff. You can try and use other armor or protection as you
see fit depending on your needs. Even if you only wear the 661 style
armor for a fraction of your rides it is good to have.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

Old January 10th 06, 08:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

does anyone still use stuff made by ROACH?

http://www.roachclothing.com/index.htm

I have a set of roach leg armour, and it's pretty top notch. I love it.
All their stuff is bomber, highly reccomended.

--
nick

later,
nick http://www.extreme.unicyclist.com
nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/349

Old January 10th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

john_childs wrote:
Even if you only wear the 661 style armor for a fraction of your rides
it is good to have.

ditto. I wear the 4x4s, full finger gloves, and a helmet on every ride.
Elbow and forearm protection is good to have too. I stop by 'Steep &
Cheap' (http://www.steepandcheap.com) everyday to see what they are
selling. They have great prices, and a unique sales approach. It's
mostly stuff for skiing and snowboarding but they occassionally have
stuff that is more multisport. 'Sixsixone.com' (http://sixsixone.com)
has them for sale for $40, I think that is a pretty standard price.

--
briguymaine

Life is like a box of chocolates? I hate chocolate.
'My blog is at www.munitard.com' (http://www.munitard.com)
briguymaine's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9257

arm and leg protection Rickey Unicycling 1 August 14th 05 04:50 PM
In the News: Bicycle makers plead for protection Jason Spaceman Techniques 10 June 30th 05 09:17 AM
Rider Down! slim Social Issues 9 October 19th 04 01:41 PM
eye protection question onewheeldave Unicycling 6 October 26th 03 12:14 AM
New Roach Armor: no protection in back? Animation Unicycling 12 October 24th 03 08:21 PM